Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I’m really, really loving Somebody Somewhere on HBO (no, I won’t call it “Max” any more than I’ll call the WFT by its new name) Anywho, Somebody Somewhere is just great. Excellent character development amid realistic scenarios that run the gamut from hilarious to heartbreaking.

Mo is incredibly good and Painkiller is as well. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:38 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

should I invest in the show if it seems impossible they’ll do all of the story from the anime with that many episodes? Are there feasible end points they could use throughout and not continue the story? 

Absolutely.

In the anime, there are a ton of stories,  within the overall storyline, that fit that criteria, i.e. complete stories.

• Like 1

Can't stop laughing at Winning Time being cancelled, that show was awful. Fine, not awful, but if you're going to take gross liberties with what you claim to be a historical piece on the 80's Lakers, how about you insert some actual history and not some drama the writers f***ing fluffed up in order to draw attention. And since you were cancelled, it sounds like attention...didn't work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Can't stop laughing at Winning Time being cancelled, that show was awful. Fine, not awful, but if you're going to take gross liberties with what you claim to be a historical piece on the 80's Lakers, how about you insert some actual history and not some drama the writers f***ing fluffed up in order to draw attention. And since you were cancelled, it sounds like attention...didn't work.

That show was great imo.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That show was great imo.  

So a show taking huge creative liberties with "facts" from that era is good? I don't get it.

If it was good, the show runner wouldnt' be begging on social media for people to watch it a few weeks back. I stand by my commentary. That show was a fictitious representation of true events. And yes I know Braveheart was too. Hollywood loves to **** the actual story up and dramatize it. This just wasn't it.

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

So a show taking huge creative liberties with "facts" from that era is good? I don't get it.

If it was good, the show runner wouldnt' be begging on social media for people to watch it a few weeks back. I stand by my commentary. That show was a fictitious representation of true events. And yes I know Braveheart was too. Hollywood loves to **** the actual story up and dramatize it. This just wasn't it.

It was meant to be funny, which it was.  It wasn't a documentary, it was a comedy/drama.  Max also stressed that it was a dramatization.  It's cool if you don't like it, but it got good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, season 1 got an 85% approval rating and season 2 got an 83% approval rating, so people definitely liked it.

23 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It was meant to be funny, which it was.  It wasn't a documentary, it was a comedy/drama.  Max also stressed that it was a dramatization.  It's cool if you don't like it, but it got good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, season 1 got an 85% approval rating and season 2 got an 83% approval rating, so people definitely liked it.

Then why were ratings so bad.

8 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Then why were ratings so bad.

I wouldn't consider an 85% and 83% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes bad.  The main reason it was cancelled was due to viewership dropping drastically from season 1.  Season 1 finale had 1.6 million same day viewers, season 2 premier had 629K.  Strikes going on, actors can't promote the shows and season 2 wasn't as good as season 1.  

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 12:41 PM, ixcuincle said:

Nearly every piece of movie/tv media that deals with real life events is full of inaccuracies, outright made up stories, etc. Otherwise it would be a documentary.

And especially these days, a lot more than ratings/reviews can determine a shows fate

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nearly every piece of movie/tv media that deals with real life events is full of inaccuracies, outright made up stories, etc. Otherwise it would be a documentary.

And especially these days, a lot more than ratings/reviews can determine a shows fate

nobody was watching, they had awful ratings 

48 minutes ago, Chew said:

I'll definitely give it a shot, but no DHP or Leeves is a bummer.  And obviously no John Mahoney.  It's just Grammer with an all new cast.  Paramount+. 

IMG_20230928_182851.jpg.06f8fdd4257f266fda8cd6f4fd6763e9.jpg

Frasier is my favorite show of all time. My wife’s too.

Wife saw a trailer for the new release. While the concept looked good/different, she said it didn’t look promising. Still going to give it a shot obviously though.

The final season of Sex Education was pretty good.  If you've never seen it I highly recommend, one of Netflix's best shows. Love me some Asa Butterfield, been a fan since Hugo. And Gillian Anderson is an absolute smoke show 🫠

I'm happy for young Ncuti Gatwa, he was my favorite character on the show and his career is about to explode as he's set to become the next Doctor Who. 

• Like 2

Shoresy.

And I hate Canadian TV. I never would have thought I’d watch it, let alone like it. Even my wife enjoyed it as much. Great musical integration

It’s the Canadian Ted Lasso. With lotsa swearing. And hockey instead of soccer. But very similar plot line… and loveable characters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Shoresy.

And I hate Canadian TV. I never would have thought I’d watch it, let alone like it. Even my wife enjoyed it as much. Great musical integration

It’s the Canadian Ted Lasso. With lotsa swearing. And hockey instead of soccer. But very similar plot line… and loveable characters.

Have you watched its parent show, Letter Kenny?

• Like 1