Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

13 hours ago, zCommander said:

Damn it forgot to put in the spoilier thingy.. Fixed it. Thx. 

By the way it really isn't a spoiler. Just what I thought. 

Finished it this afternoon.

This season was terrible.  If there is another season I dunno if I would watch it.

I thought it started to go sideways on episode 4 of the first half of the season, and then this second half of the season just got really REALLY stupid. 

And the season ended just as bad.

I'd give it like a 4/10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, zCommander said:

Not for me. I have always loved science (bio major) and technology (currently IT). :D

I might have been a bit of a nerd back in the days so I could relate a bit. :) 

The problem isn't science and nerdery.  It's the awful writing.  The show puts on a veneer of intelligence by referencing a bunch of things, but the actual writing is targeting.  It's like you got the writers of Friends drunk before writing scripts and then removed some words to turn it into a mad-libs prompt that they handed their nerdy acquaintance who they pretend is their friend, but is really just the butt of all their jokes.  But hey, nerdy guy gets a writing credit, so it's a smart show for smart people!

• Thumb up 1

Netflix series of outlast. This is survivor on steroids. 4 groups of 4 people are dropped off in Alaska and the only rule is you must be in a group or you lose. Everyone is given a flare to shoot off when they give up.

It is a fun watch to watch the people just tap out after some very stupid mistakes, like drinking water from a stream without boiling or anything. Needless to say, she tapped out.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

This season was terrible.  If there is another season I dunno if I would watch it.

I thought it started to go sideways on episode 4 of the first half of the season, and then this second half of the season just got really REALLY stupid. 

I'd give it like a 4/10.

The lead actor (Penn Badgley) apparently signed for 6 years but feels 5 should be more than enough for his character or else it will be boring. Will see if they go ahead and do another season. I don't think there is really a need for another. I personally didn't like the whole London bit/setting. Agreed on the stupid. 

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

The problem isn't science and nerdery.  It's the awful writing.  The show puts on a veneer of intelligence by referencing a bunch of things, but the actual writing is targeting.  It's like you got the writers of Friends drunk before writing scripts and then removed some words to turn it into a mad-libs prompt that they handed their nerdy acquaintance who they pretend is their friend, but is really just the butt of all their jokes.  But hey, nerdy guy gets a writing credit, so it's a smart show for smart people!

I like history and they will throw some facts in the show and I will go wiki it. Like Tesla and who really invented electricity so I like that. Some acting is over the top and sure they have some filler scenes with the grandma and her antics. There are some consistency issues as well with the older and the younger version like the twins used to sleep in separate bedrooms but in the younger version they are in the same room. It is like the writers for the younger show really didn't pay attention to what really was said in the original show. Older Sheldon said his dad was an alcoholic but in the younger show the dad just like to have a beer after work. Hardly an alcoholic. 

The writers do have a real physicists on the show to make sure what they are writing is factually true so I will give them kudos for at least doing that. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:00 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Does anyone watch yellowjackets? Thoughts? 

Good cast but nothing groundbreaking.  Will watch S2.

If you like this kind of show then The Wilds might be right up your alley.  Pretty interesting show with 2 seasons in the kitty.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 2:12 PM, purbeast said:

It is now confirmed.... I am still going to watch it and hopefully it will be better.

You is coming to an end.

On Friday (March 24), Netflix announced that the hit thriller series starring Penn Badgley had been renewed for a fifth and final season.

On 3/19/2023 at 2:12 PM, purbeast said:

I'd give it like a 4/10.

LOL, the 4th season was really good.  

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

started watching succession today. it's pretty good so far. season 4 is today

I watched through season three, it’s good but it feels repetitive after a while.  There’s also  no character for me to root for.  I keep hoping they’ll end the show with a high rise fire on the day of a helicopter pilot strike.  

I thought Amazon cancelled Utopia, but they just dropped Utopia 2. It's a prequel and much darker than the first season. I liked the first episode...and Rose Leslie looks even better than she did in GoT. Also, since it's a prequel, no need to watch the first season beforehand.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:18 PM, Destino said:

I watched through season three, it’s good but it feels repetitive after a while.  There’s also  no character for me to root for.  I keep hoping they’ll end the show with a high rise fire on the day of a helicopter pilot strike.  

Cousin Greg, come on man.

And Tom and Roman totally kill it….. they’re hysterical. I wanna see Roman screw Gerry so bad.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:17 PM, zCommander said:

Has anyone seen The Night Agent on Netflix and is it good?

It’s bad. I mean, like, it’s bad but you just kinda throw your hands up and say wtf, let’s keep watching even though it’s bad. 

Obviously things like Jack Ryan aren’t realistic at all but you still watch and don’t really pay too close attention to what’s not realistic because it’s entertaining. But with this show, you can’t help but call out what’s obviously so over the top wrong and could never happen in real life. 

And yet, I’m still entertained by it. It’s so hard to pull off a bad, yet somewhat enjoyable show. The writing isn’t great, the acting isn’t great (just wait until the scenes with the college art professor and the Vice President’s daughter. Yes, you’re thinking correctly) and for some reason I want to keep watching more. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It’s bad. I mean, like, it’s bad but you just kinda throw your hands up and say wtf, let’s keep watching even though it’s bad. 

Obviously things like Jack Ryan aren’t realistic at all but you still watch and don’t really pay too close attention to what’s not realistic because it’s entertaining. But with this show, you can’t help but call out what’s obviously so over the top wrong and could never happen in real life. 

And yet, I’m still entertained by it. It’s so hard to pull off a bad, yet somewhat enjoyable show. The writing isn’t great, the acting isn’t great (just wait until the scenes with the college art professor and the Vice President’s daughter. Yes, you’re thinking correctly) and for some reason I want to keep watching more. 

I finished it the same night since no one responded and kept on thinking this must have been really poor attempt at trying to pull a Jack Bauer. The main character last name was even Sutherland. lol 

I am sure the book is better but the execution was not great. It was okay and well it was still entertaining since you have to know what happens next while nibbling on some popcorn. 

• Like 1

If you're a fan of horror with a hint of comedy, try "All of Us Are Dead" on Netflix.   Zombieness at a Korean private high school.  I'm mostly zombies out but this is enjoyable and gets you rooting for folks.  Let me know if you enjoy/enjoyed it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:00 PM, zCommander said:

I finished it the same night since no one responded and kept on thinking this must have been really poor attempt at trying to pull a Jack Bauer. The main character last name was even Sutherland. lol 

I am sure the book is better but the execution was not great. It was okay and well it was still entertaining since you have to know what happens next while nibbling on some popcorn. 

I will say, I think it tightened up and got better after about the 5th episode.  I don't still don't think it's good TV by any stretch but I liked it despite some bad writing, questionable acting and some over the top bull****.

I also did like looking at the actress that played Rose.  My goodness.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I will say, I think it tightened up and got better after about the 5th episode.  I don't still don't think it's good TV by any stretch but I liked it despite some bad writing, questionable acting and some over the top bull****.

I also did like looking at the actress that played Rose.  My goodness.

I finished it last night. It got better, but I mean, it wasn't good. But for some reason I had to finish it. So, I guess in some way it was good?  

I enjoyed watching the Far character constantly berating people, that was funny. 

Spoiler

The ending implied they could make another season of this. I'd say I wouldn't watch it, but I will watch it, then I will question my priorities and life choises afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I finished it last night. It got better, but I mean, it wasn't good. But for some reason I had to finish it. So, I guess in some way it was good?  

I enjoyed watching the Far character constantly berating people, that was funny. 

Hide contents

The ending implied they could make another season of this. I'd say I wouldn't watch it, but I will watch it, then I will question my priorities and life choises afterwards. 

Yeah, it's not a great show by any stretch.  In some respects, I think it's REALLY hard to pull off making a show/movie that's bad but somehow still enjoyable.  I felt the same need to finish it, too.  

Spoiler

They've already ordered a second season of it, so it's happening.  I also liked seeing Farr berate people.  But the one thing I didn't understand with the last episode was...alright, she's in Camp David and she's shot, right?  Laying there on the floor.  The bomb goes off...how the hell does she survive THAT?  Rose walks up to her at the end and starts talking **** and Farr is there nursing her wound like nothing ever happened.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Spoiler

I was trying to figure that out also. I’d have to watch that episode again, the only way it makes sense is that she was in a different house when the shooting took place  

I’ll mentally prepare myself for my self disappointment after watching season 2.