Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

I upgraded again -- 428 Row 15. (1st upgrade 427 Row 19. 2012 seats Sec 453 Row 12).

I *LOVED* my seats last year, but am shooting for as close to the 50 as possible and lower down. I've been a STH for a decent time so my window was Tuesday morning. I saw the 206 and 236 seats and passed them up because when I sat in 432, I hated the view, and now I love the view. All you "the lower level corners rock" folks -- any of you move there from the upper level middle? Sat there much? I just can't imagine it being better. I get the shorter walk and closer to the action, but the view is more important to me I guess (and the price is nicer of course).

I really love this new upgrade process. Before, you could only move 1 section over and only upgrade 1 price level. This is really awesome all the possibilties. Maybe I'll have to get a corner 200 section seat one of the games this year and see for myself in preparation for next year. :-P

As for everyone else in the upper level sections 401, 454, 427, 428 Rows 1-14 -- I DEFINITELY think you should move down. There's nothing like the lower level I hear. But first, PM me your seats so we can coordinate before you do it. :-)

--Joy

P.S. There's 2 in Sec 207 Row 4 right now.

. Maybe I'll have to get a corner 200 section seat one of the games this year and see for myself in preparation for next year. :-P

As for everyone else in the upper level sections 401, 454, 427, 428 Rows 1-14 -- I DEFINITELY think you should move down. There's nothing like the lower level I hear. But first, PM me your seats and I'll give you my email so we can coordinate before you do it. :-)

Trying them out first is best. Everyone likes different things. I sat in 454 r 12 for about 4 years before moving downstairs. When I first moved down I was in the endzone and the old lite bright was the only vid screen and it was kinda disappointing view wise. I'm in the middle corner now and that little bit of angle makes it a lot better. Plus with the new screens when the action is at the other end it's very easy to see. When it's in your end its out of this world. The energy in the LL is better too. Upstairs it's kinda like watching film, you get a good view but miss the smaller things. To each his own, try them sometime you might like them.

Maybe I'll have to get a corner 200 section seat one of the games this year and see for myself in preparation for next year. :-P

As for everyone else in the upper level sections 401, 454, 427, 428 Rows 1-14 -- I DEFINITELY think you should move down. There's nothing like the lower level I hear. But first, PM me your seats so we can coordinate before you do it. :-)

I agree with HOF44. I had friends who were in section 428 for the Packers game a few years ago. I went up there and sat with them for the first quarter then came back to my seats in 206. When I was up in 428 I thought "this is nice, I could deal with this" but when I got back to 206 I immediately thought "no way, this is much better." That may just be a preference though.

Everyone has their own preferences. I had my doubts about moving from sideline upstairs to end zone lower level. As I have said before, it was the best decision I could have ever made. I love the energy on the lower level and being closer to the action. I can hear the players hitting each other. I see so much more details than can be seen from on high. I'd rather be sideline and I am working my way around. May take a few years; but eventually I'll be sideline lower level which beats sideline upper level any day of the week.

Those damn seats behind me in section 207 have come and gone multiple times today. Started as not available, went to a group of three, went to just one, then all were gone and now back to two seats available. I don't fart (much); I normally shower (but not game day); I only throw my beer over my shoulder once in a while; I never hit the guy behind me last year; just yelled at him a few times because he was pissing me off.....

If sight line was that important to me I would watch from home. IMO having roof over head, no one sitting behind me, being in a section that I can take my 11 year old, and feeling more a part of the game is far better then the sight line I had from 402. And I get home faster too. But I guess thats why a parking lot has 100's of diff cars.

Well, my upgrade window opened this morning. Presently in sec 113. Aside from a few single seats in corners there are no upgrades available for me.... Didn't expect too much given where I stand in the queu but I am ok with that. Given the teams performance and outlook I didn't expect that there would be much in the way of upgrades available for anyone. Congrats to those that have gotten them.

Well' date=' my upgrade window opened this morning. Presently in sec 113. Aside from a few single seats in corners there are no upgrades available for me.... Didn't expect too much given where I stand in the queu but I am ok with that. Given the teams performance and outlook I didn't expect that there would be much in the way of upgrades available for anyone. Congrats to those that have gotten them.[/quote']

Then you just missed out on two seats in section 207 behind me. They were there all morning until just now. Someone in your window beat you to them.

What about section 215? I see 4 pairs of seats in that section. Those are better than what you have.

Looks as if the upgrade process is at a standstill. Checking periodically and everything in the lowers is the same the past couple days. If they could pair a lot of the single seats up somehow, they could probably get folks to select them.

Anyone have any anecdotal evidence (or better yet, some real statistical evidence) of how 200 level tickets compare to 100 level tickets on the secondary market? Are 100s easier to sell and go for more $ than 200s? Exclude obstructed view, of course.

Anyone have any anecdotal evidence (or better yet, some real statistical evidence) of how 200 level tickets compare to 100 level tickets on the secondary market? Are 100s easier to sell and go for more $ than 200s? Exclude obstructed view, of course.

They both sell well, but I believe the 100's sell better. I just think the general public wants the closest seat they can get and don't understand some of the negatives of the 100 sections. For my money the 200 level is the best viewing point in the stadium in the GA seating. A casual buyer won't know this though.

Two seats just came open in section 104. Front row seats! About the ten yard liine

Would you really want those?? I've sat down there and while cool for a game or two to be that close to the action the view of the game is bad. Gotta admit though for someone not able to make all the games the resale would be a breeze. Row 1 goes fast.

Then you just missed out on two seats in section 207 behind me. They were there all morning until just now. Someone in your window beat you to them.

What about section 215? I see 4 pairs of seats in that section. Those are better than what you have.

Interesting.... Never saw those and I logged on right at 10am. I did manage to get seats in section 108 Row 22. Slight improvement from present section (at least I'm on the 'skins side...

---------- Post added May-16th-2013 at 11:58 AM ----------

The two on the ten yard line are still there. First row seats behind the dream seats.

Go figure.. must have come up while I was checking out. But to be honest I'm not a big fan of front row the field view is not the best. However seeing that I travel in from Michigan and have to skip a few games I'm sure there is something to be said for improved resale...

And the 104 tix are gone. :ols: Also I wonder if you do upgrade this season if it moves you down in your priority next season. Or will it be strictly seniority.

Why would it lower your priority? Seems to me that upgrades this year is strictly by seniority. People with tickets the same length of time as me and sat in the upper deck had the same upgrade window I did with my seats in the lower level. Great opportunities for upper deck people to move to a good seat down stairs. Of course very few sideline seats were available for most of us. Seems like the TD club and tailgate club folks scooped them up by butting to the front of the line.

For the record, I would never select front row seats on the sideline. Sounds great; but the view would generally suck. But it could be fun for a game or two to watch the action on the bench and being so close to the sound and action.

Just upgraded, again! Got on the Skins side of the field....section 236 row 8 :beavisnbutthead:

Awesome!! That right around where we're looking to go if we move down (which we're leaning towards more and more, assuming something decent is available tomorrow when my window opens).

---------- Post added May-16th-2013 at 01:13 PM ----------

They both sell well, but I believe the 100's sell better. I just think the general public wants the closest seat they can get and don't understand some of the negatives of the 100 sections. For my money the 200 level is the best viewing point in the stadium in the GA seating. A casual buyer won't know this though.

Shhh...don't tell anyone! ;)

I just changed my seats from 217 to 208! Glad to get around to the home side finally! YESSSSSSSSSS! There should be a nice block of 3 seats in 217 if anybody is looking for 3 with a nice view
Gone. I still see no groups of 3 ANYWHERE in the lower level (except the high rows of 200s on visiting side).

Archived