Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

Have any people been moved down to the LL from the 400s this year?

I haven't been following this thread post for post in case somebody just reported that yesterday, etc. Please excuse me for jumping in.

Skinsfan1311 moved from the 400's to the 200's under cover, 2 seats. Seems most upgrades are on the visitors side.

Meaning if you have 3 seats on your account, you cant just go move and buy 2 seats and leave one of YOURS free/unused. You have no way of knowing if those 3 seats were all singles, or a pair + one single, etc etc unless someone here who owned those fess's up lol

Those three seats are directly behind me and they were a package of three owned by the same person. The same three guys showed up to most of the games. But maybe I was reading it wrong and the note refers to downsizing from three seats to two, or something similar. I may have assumed wrongly that three seats together, the system would not let you leave one of them empty. A fair number of single seats are scattered around the lower level. I would think the Skins would prevent that from happening because that becomes likely lost revenue. Hard to fill single seats.

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 11:59 AM ----------

I just did what I said that I'd never do....I upgraded my seats. :twitch:

Went from section 431 row 2, on the aisle, to section 227, row 11 seats 22 & 23.

What sold me is being closer to the action, not having to walk up the ramps, and being under cover. My tickets just went up $55.00 per game.

Gulp! Fingers crossed that we I like these seats!

:excited:

Best decision I ever made was moving from the upper level to the lower level; even if I moved from the 10 yard line to the end zone.

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 12:32 PM ----------

A pair of seats just opened up in section 236, home side corner end zone. last row in section....so a little cave like. But still great seats under cover with no obstructions. Just opened in last ten minutes.

And now ten minutes later, that single seat behind me in section 207 is gone. So someone is buying single seats. Perhaps someone trying to get two seats together for 2014??

I was just in the system, nothing available in my price range(130.90), however out of curiosity I tried looking at other sections and I got this message:

There is a problem with your request, please contact Washington Redskins at 301-276-6050 or tickets@redskins.com

An error occured with the availability server / geometry service

Now I can't even look at anything.

You may have figured this out already, but there's a 30 minute session timeout. Just click on Home and it'll ask you to logon again. Would be nice if the error message said that rather than the cryptic message.

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 12:57 PM ----------

Those three seats are directly behind me and they were a package of three owned by the same person. The same three guys showed up to most of the games. But maybe I was reading it wrong and the note refers to downsizing from three seats to two, or something similar. I may have assumed wrongly that three seats together, the system would not let you leave one of them empty. A fair number of single seats are scattered around the lower level. I would think the Skins would prevent that from happening because that becomes likely lost revenue. Hard to fill single seats.

There's something definitely odd with the single seat rule. Singles seem to pop up (and disappear) all the time. I can't imagine the TO would care if you had 3 tix, and only moved 2 to another spot, leaving a single occupied seat - as long as they got a butt in that seat that's all they care about. However, I can understand if they have a group of 3 seats, not wanting someone to take 2, and leave a single empty. But it's happening so often here, I wonder if the system isn't honoring that rule?

As far as the 24 hour rule before making another selection, that's a bit lax as well. I made an initial move around 10:30 last Friday, and when I checked a couple hours later I could move again - which was great, as I ended up moving again to a much better spot in the afternoon. But then I couldn't access it again until Monday afternoon. I still look a couple times a day, but would be really surprised being able to move again.

Would you consider it an upgrade just to switch from the visitor side to the home side if the seat location is about the same on each sideline?
Yes on the LL. On the UL I don't think it matters.

skinsfan03 is right on. It's really a matter of personal preference, the biggest factor IMO is what gate you use to enter the Stadium. I hate when I have to walk halfway around the stadium before and after the game to get to a seat on the opposite side from my tailgating spot.

As others have mentioned, more people sit on the visitor's side in the lower level because of the obstructed view seats leading to longer lines for the restrooms and concessions. Also, visiting fans tend to buy tickets on the visiting side while the home side is usually more longtime Skins STH's who have had seats since RFK (and even a few from Griffith Stadium!). However, when we play a big drawing opponent like the Packers, Steelers, or an NFC East team unfortunately there is no escaping that scum no matter where you sit.

Two seats just opened up in 226 on the aisle in row 1. These would be awesome seats for someone. You would be almost facing the goaline on the visitors side. You will have the extra crowds because of the obstructed view seats. And you are not under cover at all.

Man, I was tempted. Would have moved me up 2 sections and would be about the same walk from my parking space. Still hoping to get lucky on the home team side.

SOB....they are now gone. And I just decided to upgrade. DAMN! indecision killed me!

Yes on the LL. On the UL I don't think it matters.

you will have to deal with the sun during afternoon games if you are on the away side. On the home side the sun is behind you for the most part.

Two seats just opened up in 226 on the aisle in row 1. These would be awesome seats for someone. You would be almost facing the goaline on the visitors side. You will have the extra crowds because of the obstructed view seats. And you are not under cover at all.

Man, I was tempted. Would have moved me up 2 sections and would be about the same walk from my parking space. Still hoping to get lucky on the home team side.

SOB....they are now gone. And I just decided to upgrade. DAMN! indecision killed me!

Sonny and Sam, that was a tough call. Having been on the visitors side and then moved to 206 right beside you for a bit, I kinda think you would have regretted the move. Tough call tough. The corner where you sit is a good area with fun fans as a general rule. I don't think I would have made the move if I were you.

Sonny and Sam, that was a tough call. Having been on the visitors side and then moved to 206 right beside you for a bit, I kinda think you would have regretted the move. Tough call tough. The corner where you sit is a good area with fun fans as a general rule. I don't think I would have made the move if I were you.

I agree, don't think anything would pull me to the visitors side from where I a now short of 200's first 5 rows between the 40's. Now for someone coming from upstairs those would have been an excellent entry into the lower bowl.

I agree, don't think anything would pull me to the visitors side from where I a now short of 200's first 5 rows between the 40's. Now for someone coming from upstairs those would have been an excellent entry into the lower bowl.

Yeah, those are great seats. I came from the upper level 3 years ago to seats in 228. No comparison there at all - lower level MUCH better. Then I had the chance to go to 206 and now I would never go back to the visitors side unless it was an offer I simply couldn't refuse.

I did struggle with it. Visitors side, the sun issue, no cover vs being on the goal line and aisle seat. I'm a very big guy, nose tackle type, so an aisle seat would have given me more room. But then you always have to get up and down every time someone wants out. And there is some extra leg room in the first row. It WAS a tough decision.

The reason I changed my mind is that this new upgrade process no longer sticks you on a certain side of the field or even section. Once our time comes up, we can choose anywhere in the stadium. I figured I could always move back over in a year or two. Oh well. The good news is that decent seats in the LL keep popping up and maybe something good will still become available before May 31. Just have to keep checking back. I'm holding out for some 40 yard line seats to come available by someone who decides to upgrade to the club level. HA!!!!!

Can anyone tell me if there are still sets of 4 tickets available? My window is not until Tuesday. I am trying to get within the from 7 rown in the 400s....any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

If you are Ok sitting in the corners you may have a shot, but a lot can change in a week and there aren't too many choices left as it is. I don't think there are any sets of 4 right now in the 400's between the 10's that are lower than row 17. I can't see the end zone sections, so I don't know how those look.

Can anyone tell me if there are still sets of 4 tickets available? My window is not until Tuesday. I am trying to get within the from 7 rown in the 400s....any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

It really is too early for you to ask this question. You need to ask Monday night after the TO closes to see what tips people can give you. But here is what is available for 4 seats together in the upper level:

Section 425 Row 11 2 sets of 4 seats

430 R11 1 set of 4

431 R9 1 set of 4

431 R5 2 pairs separated by 4 seats

405 R10 1 set of 4

404 R11 1 set of 4

452 R11 2 pairs separated by 2 seats

450 R7 1 set of 4

Don't expect these to be around in a week. They could easily be gone by then. But then others may open up. Your problem is finding 4 seats together. Those are hard to get.

I did struggle with it. Visitors side, the sun issue, no cover vs being on the goal line and aisle seat. I'm a very big guy, nose tackle type, so an aisle seat would have given me more room. But then you always have to get up and down every time someone wants out. And there is some extra leg room in the first row. It WAS a tough decision.

The reason I changed my mind is that this new upgrade process no longer sticks you on a certain side of the field or even section. Once our time comes up, we can choose anywhere in the stadium. I figured I could always move back over in a year or two. Oh well. The good news is that decent seats in the LL keep popping up and maybe something good will still become available before May 31. Just have to keep checking back. I'm holding out for some 40 yard line seats to come available by someone who decides to upgrade to the club level. HA!!!!!

I thought the exact thing about not being locked into a specific area anymore. That was the big selling point in the past, now it is not as important.

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 04:32 PM ----------

If you are that big and need the extra room, perhaps YOU should upgrade to the club level. I hear they have some really great deals up there these days with extra wide seats and cup holders!! haha

I thought the exact thing about not being locked into a specific area anymore. That was the big selling point in the past, now it is not as important.

---------- Post added May-15th-2013 at 04:32 PM ----------

If you are that big and need the extra room, perhaps YOU should upgrade to the club level. I hear they have some really great deals up there these days with extra wide seats and cup holders!! haha

Problem is my wallet isn't that BIG! LOL

Just upgraded, again! Got on the Skins side of the field....section 236 row 8 :beavisnbutthead:

I would have taken those but just added seats so Larry and his wife are sitting with us, so I would have needed 4. GREAT seats. You get ac in the summer and heat in the winter blowing out of the suite. You can also watch the TV's that are for the suites your in the last row so you can stand if you want and your are undercover. Home Run!!!

I would have taken those but just added seats so Larry and his wife are sitting with us, so I would have needed 4. GREAT seats. You get ac in the summer and heat in the winter blowing out of the suite. You can also watch the TV's that are for the suites your in the last row so you can stand if you want and your are undercover. Home Run!!!

That kicks some serious ass! Thanks for looking out!

Just upgraded, again! Got on the Skins side of the field....section 236 row 8 :beavisnbutthead:

Been watching those two seats all day wondering why they lasted so long. Great upgrade. I'm in 206 row 8. Best seats in the house. I call it mini club. Great thing is you can stand all game and roof overhead!

Archived