Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

We grabbed Section 217, Row 1, Seats 17, 18 in the upgrade. Thought it would be good moving up a little bit from 134 row 5, so we didn't have to stand the whole time. Any thoughts, comments our new seats?

You'll love the view. The only negative is being on the visitors side when they added all those cave seats and no extra bathrooms or concessions it created huge lines for everything. As long as you don't have to use the bathroom or concessions your golden.

You'll love the view. The only negative is being on the visitors side when they added all those cave seats and no extra bathrooms or concessions it created huge lines for everything. As long as you don't have to use the bathroom or concessions your golden.

Its no better on the home side, trust me..but then again waiting until halftime, its not good anywhere on the LL concourse

Its no better on the home side, trust me..but then again waiting until halftime, its not good anywhere on the LL concourse

It's WAY better on the home side, thats why I was so focused on getting My seats switched to the home side a couple years ago. Granted at halftime it's not great anywhere, but the away side just sucks all game for bathrooms or concessions.

:redpunch:Hey....those are two of the most hateful words in my vocabulary! ;)

I hear ya! That can be a big insult in most cases but not the case here. haha.

---------- Post added May-11th-2013 at 02:39 AM ----------

It's WAY better on the home side, thats why I was so focused on getting My seats switched to the home side a couple years ago. Granted at halftime it's not great anywhere, but the away side just sucks all game for bathrooms or concessions.

I agree with this for sure. Before I got season tickets, I used to get tickets on the visitors side on the aftermarket and the lines SUCKED! When I started getting them on the home side, I immediately realized the lines were much quicker. Agreed that if you go at halftime, for example, you're screwed regardless. All in all, I immediately noticed a difference. Having said this, I'd much prefer 217 row 1 over section 134 - no choice as far as I'm concerned. Good move!

Are the partial view seats on both the home and visitor sides of the 200 level? I tried to find this in Mark's stadium thread but couldn't find anything definitive about it.

Only on the visitors side.

Yes. Just checked again. And was able to snag 138 on the left aisle. Think these are the best lower level "cheap" seats. Across the aisle they're $100 more per ST. Redskins side to boot. Was surprised I could move again so quickly. Vote early, vote often....

Ugh. I missed the fact that they had bumped up the ticket prices closer to the 50 (more than the others). Since I'm not willing to shell out any more money, the upgrade process got a whole less interesting.

Welcome to Section 138.

I was in 125 on aisle closest to 124, when upgrade period opened I took seats in 104. Then took 140 2 days later

Question: I upgraded Friday & went back in today to see if anything new was out there. I no longer have the link to upgrade. Did you have that same issue when you first went back in?

Question: I upgraded Friday & went back in today to see if anything new was out there. I no longer have the link to upgrade. Did you have that same issue when you first went back in?

Yes, and so I called the TO and was told that it takes 24 hours for account to reset. Then after 24 hours it did not reset so I called ticket office back and they had to manually go in to system and reset it. It stinks if you get new seats over a weekend then you cannot see what else may become available you lose your upgrade window without being able to maximize your upgrade period.

Is it me, or does there seem to be a whole lot less tickets available now on the lower level? I haven't counted all the individual seats, but I'd estimate there's less than 200 seats total in the lower bowl (less than 100 in the 100 level). Are folks with upper level seats allowed to buy in the lower level?

Is it me, or does there seem to be a whole lot less tickets available now on the lower level? I haven't counted all the individual seats, but I'd estimate there's less than 200 seats total in the lower bowl (less than 100 in the 100 level). Are folks with upper level seats allowed to buy in the lower level?

Yes, I'm pretty sure some 400 level people have already had their upgrade window start and have upgraded to the 100 level.

When their upgrade window starts, STH's are allowed to upgrade their tickets to anywhere in the stadium where there are seats available. Upper Level STH's can move down to the Lower Level, but you cannot "downgrade" your seats (ie, a LL STH wants to move to cheaper seats in the UL). "Downgrading" may be possible if you call the ticket office and work something out with a rep but the team does not typically allow this.

The order of the upgrade windows was determined by STH seniority, but with AAA Ultimate Fanzone members (http://tickets.redskins.com/seating/fanzone/) and Touchdown Club members (http://tickets.redskins.com/seating/touchdownclub/) being given their own priority upgrade window before everyone else (even the most senior STH's).

I also assume upgrades for people who signed club contracts along the lines of "2 years in the club level and then a guaranteed move to the Lower Level" were also taken care of before the upgrade windows started.

When their upgrade window starts, STH's are allowed to upgrade their tickets to anywhere in the stadium where there are seats available. Upper Level STH's can move down to the Lower Level, but you cannot "downgrade" your seats (ie, a LL STH wants to move to cheaper seats in the UL). "Downgrading" may be possible if you call the ticket office and work something out with a rep but the team does not typically allow this.

The order of the upgrade windows was determined by STH seniority, but with AAA Ultimate Fanzone members (http://tickets.redskins.com/seating/fanzone/) and Touchdown Club members (http://tickets.redskins.com/seating/touchdownclub/) being given their own priority upgrade window before everyone else (even the most senior STH's).

I also assume upgrades for people who signed club contracts along the lines of "2 years in the club level and then a guaranteed move to the Lower Level" were also taken care of before the upgrade windows started.

Correct, if you were moving from the club level (even after one year, not two) you were assigned lower level seats a few days before the upgrade process began. Your upgrade date was not changed though. So, you got assigned seats at the end of April but still cannot upgrade them until your date based on seniority, which in most cases is May 20 or after from what I've heard.

When you log in were is the upgrade link?

It should be pretty apparent on the left side of the screen as shown in the STH upgrade guide here: http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2013-redskins-seat-upgrade-guide.pdf

However, the rep I spoke with said the system is still very glitchy and the link has not been appearing for a decent number of people when they log in. If it's not appearing for you call the ticket office ASAP at (301) 276-6050.

Can someone who has upgraded within the same price bracket confirm whether you still need to input credit card information on the billing screen, and whether there's a fee, or whether you end up bypassing that step?

Bumping this question up -- can anyone who moved seats but stayed within their price bracket confirm whether you still need to put in credit card details and/or pay any upgrade fee? Thanks.

It should be pretty apparent on the left side of the screen as shown in the STH upgrade guide here: http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2013-redskins-seat-upgrade-guide.pdf

However, the rep I spoke with said the system is still very glitchy and the link has not been appearing for a decent number of people when they log in. If it's not appearing for you call the ticket office ASAP at (301) 276-6050.

My upgrade is not for a few days. I did not see the upgrade guide. Thanks for posting, it was very helpfull. I do have one more question. Are the seats held while in review or do you need to be in checkout? If you are not can you skip review and go straight to checkout? Thanks!

Bumping this question up -- can anyone who moved seats but stayed within their price bracket confirm whether you still need to put in credit card details and/or pay any upgrade fee? Thanks.

I fit holds true to upgrading your seats from previous years, if you move to a higher price bracket you have to pay the higher invoice fee. If you stay in the same pricing level, I'm not sure why you'd need to put in your credit card information since no new invoice would be created.

To my knowledge, you should not have to put in credit card details as long as you stay in the same price bracket as your former seats. There is no "upgrade fee."

My upgrade is not for a few days. I did not see the upgrade guide. Thanks for posting, it was very helpfull. I do have one more question. Are the seats held while in review or do you need to be in checkout? If you are not can you skip review and go straight to checkout? Thanks!

The seats are NOT held for you while they are in your "cart" or "in review". Until you hit the "checkout" button anyone else who has the ability to upgrade at that time can snatch them out from under your nose. When you try to checkout, you will get a "tickets are no longer available" message. My advice would be to complete the entire process ASAP when you find seats that you like. You can always go back into the system and look for more seats as some may open up as people move. There is no limit to the number of times you can upgrade once your window has opened.

I fit holds true to upgrading your seats from previous years, if you move to a higher price bracket you have to pay the higher invoice fee. If you stay in the same pricing level, I'm not sure why you'd need to put in your credit card information since no new invoice would be created.

This is my understanding of the process as well.

Iv been trying all day to get on and called TO 2 times. Total BS

Are you unable to logon at all to your account, or you just don't see the upgrade link? I found that calling the TO before 10 or in the afternoon usually gets a pretty quick response.

Archived