Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

A group of three seats just opened up in my section. Section 207. Corner end zone. Good seats right behind ME! Under cover. Go get em if you need three seats together. NOT obstructed. These are near the Redskins tunnel. Very good seats.

Saw that....but I have 4 seats. Dagnabbit :)....

For those of you with 2 seats who are contemplating those seats....methinks it won't let you move there from the

"NOTE: You may not leave a single unoccupied seat." message at the top of the window.

---------- Post added May-14th-2013 at 12:47 PM ----------

Opinion Poll: If you had a choice......which would it be......

Section 230 Row 3 (Not Under Cover)

Pros:

2 seats from Aisle at the Front of the Section

steps from the endzone bar and Video Stat screens

Cons:

Farther from the Metro and on the side with the more congested exit on Arena Drive of the stadium

OR

Section 214 Row 10-12 (Possibly under the lip of the upper level)

Pros:

a section closer to the sideline (Visitors Side)

Closer to the metro and on the side with the easier exit from the stadium towards Landover Rd

Cons:

a section closer to the sideline (VIsitors Side) - arguably a con

Middle of the Row & Middle of the Section

above THE CAVE

For those of you with 2 seats who are contemplating those seats....methinks it won't let you move there from the

"NOTE: You may not leave a single unoccupied seat." message at the top of the window.

Pros:

Cons:

Farther from the Metro and on the side with the more congested exit on Arena Drive of the stadium

OR

Pros:

Closer to the metro and on the side with the easier exit from the stadium towards Landover Rd

Cons:

above THE CAVE

Our opinion really does not matter. Its YOUR opinion that matters. Sounds like a trade off between longer walks to the Metro vs better seat location. For me, I am in section 207, I sit in row 3 and I am undercover. So both seats are likely under cover. I am pretty sure it is pretty consistent all the way around. I would do 230 but I drive.

Section 216 has three together and 1 seat in front of that group. closer to the sideline.

Big deal about nothing. Time slot began at 10am and nothing has changed, just a bunch of random 1 seat and a few 2 seats in the lower level. I think you can forget about any sideline seats becoming available. :ols: did anyone else notice the $10 increase in $1099 (blue lower level) if you change seats? Very tricky Danny

Big deal about nothing. Time slot began at 10am and nothing has changed, just a bunch of random 1 seat and a few 2 seats in the lower level. I think you can forget about any sideline seats becoming available. :ols:

Most of them all disappeared when the tailgate and TD club members got first crack at available seats. There are still a few corner end zone seats in both the 200 level and 100 level on the visitor side left. I bet a lot of folks also moved from the visitor side to the home side who had seniority. In the past, people generally did not have that opportunity until this year.

Big deal about nothing. Time slot began at 10am and nothing has changed, just a bunch of random 1 seat and a few 2 seats in the lower level. I think you can forget about any sideline seats becoming available. :ols: did anyone else notice the $10 increase in $1099 (blue lower level) if you change seats? Very tricky Danny

That's just the tax already added in. No extra to move around in your same price range.

---------- Post added May-14th-2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

Pros:

Cons:

OR

Pros:

Cons:

above THE CAVE

Last year, when I moved from the upper level to the lower, they put me in 214, row 13. I really disliked the "cave effect" you get from the overhang. You can see the entire field, but you can't see sky or the upper level. Was claustrophobic to me. Fortunately, after he first preseason game, we were able to move to 112, row 29. Much better. Yes, we may get rained on, but it was well worth it not to have to be back in the cave. Can't imagine watching from those seats behind us (goes up to row 23). They really stink. Given your choices, I'd stick with what you got. You're giving up some minor conveniences for a much better game day experience

This upgrade process is bull****. While every ticketholder around me was moved in the last few years I haven't been given a single upgrade and not a single seat is available that would be considered an upgrade. At least with the old way there was a chance...

This upgrade process is bull****. While every ticketholder around me was moved in the last few years I haven't been given a single upgrade and not a single seat is available that would be considered an upgrade. At least with the old way there was a chance...

If you'd only had your TG Club tickets this year. They got some sweet upgrades by getting first shot. I got nothing either, but I did add 2 seats in my same row before the upgrades. I like my seats, so can't complain to much. What section are you in now?

I had 4 tix down low in 127. After looking for an hour this morning and seeing only 1 option of 4 or greater seats in the lower bowl, 200 level and 6 or 7 rows back. I logged back in about a half hour ago and to my surprise, there were 4 seats available in 118, up higher. I took them as I think it's better to be on the sideline then the corner and higher up as opposed to lower. Yes, I know about the bathroom situation. Yes, I know about standing. I'm pretty happy.

Yes, I know about the bathroom situation. Yes, I know about standing. I'm pretty happy.

The lines and standing shouldn't be much different than where you were at. You will like the sightlines better though.

It is interesting that seat groups are opening up in previously empty sections. I guess the TO may still get ticket cancellations from time to time and add the seats back into the mix.

I have to say I have been fairly pleased with my upgrade progress since the Skins changed the upgrade policy 3 years ago. I moved down from the upper level to the lower level after years of everyone saying such an upgrade never happened. And I moved toward the sideline the last two seasons. Doesn't look like I will move this year.But I have had upgrades in 3 of my 4 years. Can't complain about that considering we got RG3 and a winning team in the past year. I would expect it to get harder to move along the sidelines.

There's a pair in the very first row of 408.

A foursome in the fifth row.

And a good amount of availability in 409 (two foursomes, two pairs, and a threesome)

Good luck-- hope it works out for you.

My day is coming up, can anyone tell me what is available in section 408-409... like maybe in the first few rows? I'd appreciate it very much.

My day is coming up, can anyone tell me what is available in section 408-409... like maybe in the first few rows? I'd appreciate it very much.

Looks like 409 has 2 available in row 1 and 4 in row 5.

---------- Post added May-14th-2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

Last year, when I moved from the upper level to the lower, they put me in 214, row 13. I really disliked the "cave effect" you get from the overhang. You can see the entire field, but you can't see sky or the upper level. Was claustrophobic to me. Fortunately, after he first preseason game, we were able to move to 112, row 29. Much better. Yes, we may get rained on, but it was well worth it not to have to be back in the cave. Can't imagine watching from those seats behind us (goes up to row 23). They really stink. Given your choices, I'd stick with what you got. You're giving up some minor conveniences for a much better game day experience

The question is at what row in Section 214 does the cover from the upper level lip begin?? From what I've read it seems that Row 10 is the cutoff....anyone know?

Section 408 -- a pair of seats in the first row and 4 seats together in row 5

Section 409 -- 6 pairs of seats in rows 4-6

Section 407 -- 1 pair of seats in row 8

Section 406 -- 6 pairs of seats in row 8-11

Gave you a few extra sections....

The question is at what row in Section 214 does the cover from the upper level lip begin?? From what I've read it seems that Row 10 is the cutoff....anyone know?

I sit in row 3 of section 207 and I do not get wet when it rains straight down. The second row does get wet. I would assume 214 is the same; but I cannot promise that since I have never sat there.

Section 408 -- a pair of seats in the first row and 4 seats together in row 5

Section 409 -- 6 pairs of seats in rows 4-6

Section 407 -- 1 pair of seats in row 8

Section 406 -- 6 pairs of seats in row 8-11

Gave you a few extra sections....

Awesome! I am really hoping to move down a bit. I love the guys around me and we've become like a family, but my uncle can't take the hike up anymore and now that the team is good and the top few rows of the uppers literally shake when something happens on the field.... well, I'd rather he be comfortable than me pretend like I'm still 20 years old, lol.

I appreciate it, S and S! Thanks.

---------- Post added May-14th-2013 at 03:50 PM ----------

Good Luck! When's your day? And if they are gone, keep looking new ones seem to pop up.

May 22. It seems (from what I've read) that it's a free for all when things become available, lol. I really appreciate all the info you guys are putting out.

I honestly was going to half-ass this year and just sit on my seats until yesterday (work was moving me in September and due to fiscal year nonsense it's now January) so I'll be here for the regular season at least!

I had 4 tix down low in 127. After looking for an hour this morning and seeing only 1 option of 4 or greater seats in the lower bowl, 200 level and 6 or 7 rows back. I logged back in about a half hour ago and to my surprise, there were 4 seats available in 118, up higher. I took them as I think it's better to be on the sideline then the corner and higher up as opposed to lower. Yes, I know about the bathroom situation. Yes, I know about standing. I'm pretty happy.

4 or more tickets are really tough to upgrade in the lower level. The bathroom situation should be the same and that sounds like a good upgrade decision to me. Congrats!

Well....browsing the changing seat availability in various sections paid off.....

Upgraded my Section 230 Row 3 - Seats 7 to 10 to a section over to the sideline and a section down to Sect. 129 - Row 24. That's about as good as can be expected in trying to keep 4 seats together.

For anyone looking for 4 Lower Level....Section 230 - Row 3 is available. Great seats at the front of the section and 2 seats from the aisle with quick access to the Endzone Bar & NFL Games and Stats screens.

Good luck to everyone else. Like the new process......though it requires you to checkup on availability.

From what I recall when sitting in Section 214 for last year's Colts game where we did get some rain, it rained on the first 5 rows. However, there was one seat in Row 6, roughly in the middle of the row, that was getting a steady stream of water that was coming from the underside of the overhang. That seat would be impossible to sit in.

A group of three seats just opened up in my section. Section 207. Corner end zone. Good seats right behind ME! Under cover. Go get em if you need three seats together. NOT obstructed. These are near the Redskins tunnel. Very good seats.

Two are gone.

Mission accomplished! Section 429, row 7 to Section 428, row 7 (two seats, could have had 4).

Nice grab -- just my luck to be at the hospital for surgery this morning when my window started, or I might have beaten you to those. I've been trying to move down with 4 seats (from Row 12 in 401) and there are zero available options for 4 seats in 426, 427, 428, 429 or 402, 401, 454, or 453 that are closer than row 12. There are some nice choices in 452 in row 16 and above (at the lower price point), as well as a few in 430 in row 16 and above. But I'm going to keep checking in the hopes that someone moves down to the lower bowl.

Two are gone.

Now how did someone buy just two seats. The note at the top of the screen says "NOTE: You may not leave a single unoccupied seat." I guess someone ignored the warning and ticketmaster is not smart enough to program that away......although I suppose the TO could have sold the tickets. Now one empty seat behind me.

Archived