Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

You know, I think there should be a way for us to organize everybody's current location and where they want to go and then do some mass cooperation to get everyone what they want. Then, we all sit online at the same time and make our moves back-to-back-to-back and move into each other's seats.

I'm sure someone has the time to organize it, right?

---------- Post added May-1st-2013 at 05:16 PM ----------

I'm really liking the idea of this upgrade process and I hope they stick with it for years. My guess is there will be a decent amount of seats available each year to move to and it will allow many us to try out a different area each year until we find what we like. The previous uncertainty about how upgrading or moving would work has always made me hesitant to want to move. Now I feel like I can test the waters for a season and I can always go back where I was if I want to.

Of course, I also long for the days of multiple Super Bowls and a 99.9% ticket renewal rate which would leave very few seats open during this process. But, even then, there will always be something open as a few people move around and openings are update online in real time (or close to real time).

I'm excited about this.

So on the sidelines is it better to get a seat towards the back of the 100 section vs the front of the 100 section? Do the dream seats/players obstruct your views down low?

Upgrade window opened at 10, system crashed so I called TO was on hold for 22 minutes and was told that every body went online at 10, they walked me through what they had on home side between 10's, which wasn't much so I took Section 104 row 9 seats 4-5, moved over from 125, glad to be on the home side. I'm going to keep checking to see whats avail, will keep update if new seats arise.

Upgrade window opened at 10, system crashed so I called TO was on hold for 22 minutes and was told that every body went online at 10

Really??? They were surprised to have a surge at the start time?? Staggered the way this is they should not be having these kinds of problems.

I emailed the ticket office about all of the STH's with lesser seniority receiving earlier upgrade dates.

I received a return email apologizing for the "error" and had my upgrade date changed from the 24th to the 14th.

That makes me feel quite a bit better...we'll see if I indeed get a chance to upgrade after having been passed over every other year.

How long have you had your tickets?

Upgrade window opened at 10, system crashed so I called TO was on hold for 22 minutes and was told that every body went online at 10, they walked me through what they had on home side between 10's, which wasn't much so I took Section 104 row 9 seats 4-5, moved over from 125, glad to be on the home side. I'm going to keep checking to see whats avail, will keep update if new seats arise.

That's very disappointing. I would have thought they would have done more to prepare for the load.

Hopefully it's fixed by the time my date comes. I have serious doubts it will be.

My date is 5/16 at 10am. Had tickets for 5 years, so it seems to be inline with what others have posted.

Will the folks that uppers but an earlier upgrade date be able to move right to midfield if seats are available and if they're willing to pay the higher price?

Really??? They were surprised to have a surge at the start time?? Staggered the way this is they should not be having these kinds of problems.

Yeah, they should not have been surprised by the influx of STHs at 10 am. Based on the reporting on this board, I don't think they have enough "buckets" to separate the crowd. I think we've seen 5/8, 5/10, 5/14, 5/16, 5/20, and 5/24. This is the first I heard of 5/2. I presume they must be the tailgate club STHs?? I was hoping to move over a couple sections but based on BootzJackson's report, it does not sound likely.

So I have been checking back to see if anything new opened, and the upgrade option is gone. So I called TO back, they said once you select new seats it will take 24 hours before you can get back in to view another possible change.

That is correct S&S I am a tailgate club member,TGC window is 5/2 10am until 5/5 11:59 and from what I gathered was that the majority of seats in between 104/204-139/239 were only singles. I did not look at other sections, but I think it is going to be slim pickins.

I too was actually able to move from 219 to section 124 this morning. The ticketmaster site was extremely jacked up and slow. And this is after it actually started working around 10:20. There was slim pickings in the lower level 100's. lots of singles (how does that happen????) I was lucky enough to get 2 aisle seats.

from what I gathered was that the majority of seats in between 104/204-139/239 were only singles. I did not look at other sections, but I think it is going to be slim pickins.

My bet is they held back most pairs and above together in the prime locations to offer to touchdown club or to people who buy clubs for a year or two with the promise to move to LL sidelines.

My bet is they held back most pairs and above together in the prime locations to offer to touchdown club or to people who buy clubs for a year or two with the promise to move to LL sidelines.

Bob...I hope you get an upgrade because I took your seats this morning! :ols:

For those who logged in this morning: did they only show you seats that were equal to / more expensive than your current seats, or could you also see "downgrade" seats in other sections?

I'd be very curious for a report on availability towards the front of the upper deck along the sides.

For those who logged in this morning: did they only show you seats that were equal to / more expensive than your current seats, or could you also see "downgrade" seats in other sections?

I'd be very curious for a report on availability towards the front of the upper deck along the sides.

No downgrades allowed. Specifically states this.

How the hell were you able to upgrade before me? There are very few that I have seen on here that have had season tickets longer than I have

How the hell were you able to upgrade before me? There are very few that I have seen on here that have had season tickets longer than I have

He said he was Tailgate or TD Club...I think they got first shot. What's not entirely clear is whether they could pick from all seats or whether some open seats are not consider TD or TG....presumably they could see everything....

You gotta bribe Danny by buying the tailgate club for some overpriced BBQ and to gawk at the cheerleaders from time to time!

My problem with the methodology is someone currently in the upper deck can leap frog me in a 200 level seat if we have equal seniority. Good for him; sucks for me. Depends on how good the system is and how quick we mouse and type.

A business associate of mine who had clubs last year got a call yesterday to get his seat assignment this year. He had a one year deal for clubs in Zone D at $1990 per seat last year and is now in section 140. That's crazy.

He said he was Tailgate or TD Club...I think they got first shot. What's not entirely clear is whether they could pick from all seats or whether some open seats are not consider TD or TG....presumably they could see everything....

Ahhhh ok, I scrolled through the thread and didnt see him mention that, whoops :ols:

From what he said, it doesn't seem like there is much to pick from...which makes sense because people WANT to see the team play since RGIII raised the hope of

Redskins nation like it hasn't been in a very long time.

I have an odd # of seats, which I think will make it harder to find 3 together in MY ideal locations. I've sat all over Fedex over the years, by either trading seats with people, buying extras for family and friends, then giving them mine while I sit in the ones I bought, etc etc etc The seats I really want (club) are out of my price range sadly..I like the club level seats, more leg & ass room for my big buttocks lol

I did ask the TO rep while I had him on the phone, if what was available for upgrade now was all inventory and he said yes that they were not holding anything back. But he also said I would be able to change seats in "like 5 minutes" which is actually 24 hours, so I wouldn't put to much stock in anything that they have to say.

Archived