Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

How much of an advantage is it to sit on the Redskins side? I'm wondering if I should upgrade to closer seats on the visitors side if they should become available.

Weather-wise, Redskins side is in the shade and visitors is in the Sun. I think you are also more likely to be in the midst of opposing team fans on the visitors side than the Redskins side. That could be an argument, though, of moving to the visitors side.

I'm in 131 and am wondering what a good move is, considering I'm not looking to pay more. What's the best spot in the LL endzone? It's gotta be by the Skins tunnel, right? I assume that's a pretty cool place to be and my kids would love that. Any chance a couple of those will be available?

I'm on the visitors side and it's nice in the cold months because you get some sun to warm you up. Bad in the hot months because of the lack of shade.

I don't notice more opposing fans than when I sat in the upper level.

Join us in making the visitor side more redskins fans.

FWIW, I got my tix in 2005, had not received a postcard so I just called the TO. My upgrade date is 5/15 at 10 A.M., exactly what I would've expected given other peoples postings except a few outliers. I'm in 427 and have been GA Upper Level the entire time I've had my seats. I'm glad that, for the most part, things seem consistent. I probably won't upgrade (I'm in Row 3 of 427 and, unless I could magically get something on the sideline rather than endzone, not looking to move downstairs and pay the extra $$), but I'm certainly looking forward to checking and seeing what's possible.

Regression analysis of upgrade date versus years held tickets confirms upgrade date is based on years held season tickets.

That regression line is worthless without a confidence level, ANOVA , t-value and bunch of other statistical ****. And we want you to show your work. How do we know you didn't just copy that from some cowgirl horse**** site? You really did a freakin' regression analysis? Man, that's hard core.....:ols:

That regression line is worthless without a confidence level, ANOVA , t-value and bunch of other statistical ****. And we want you to show your work. How do we know you didn't just copy that from some cowgirl horse**** site? You really did a freakin' regression analysis? Man, that's hard core.....:ols:

Haha...I know...I'm a nerd. But trust me, the p-value is significant. Sad to say I checked it...;)

I think it is only seniority. Several people have posted Update Dates that are the same as mine but their seats are upper level or in the end zone. I'm corner end zone. So I don't think seat location is a factor any more.

I also wonder from some posts, whether the date is when the account was "opened" or when someone got their actual seats.

And if your age is correct under your avatar, you weren't even born in 1963. :silly:

After read all the posts, I'm in stage of confusion right now. I am in section 430 and only 4 years into STH, but my date is 5/21 ahead of a lot "older folks". How come?

After read all the posts, I'm in stage of confusion right now. I am in section 430 and only 4 years into STH, but my date is 5/21 ahead of a lot "older folks". How come?

You're a little early, but generally within the range of what others posted.

We are currently in 426, having been moved there after the skins ripped out the cheap seats in the upper deck endzone for the SRO level. We have never upgraded our seats intentionally. We have had these tickets since FedEx opened, having been on the waiting list for RFK and then getting into the stadium with the move. Our date is 5/10 at 10.

Well it looks like this new system is probably better, but no where near perfect. It looks like most folks got the right date, but there a few of us that have gotten screwed in the process. 10 Year STH with a May 24th date. They should at least fix the ones they can when folks like me call in. I'm just irritated now.

Been a STH since FedEx opened. I'm assigned May 10.

I'm still in 454, on the aisle. Never upgraded to lower because I like being on the 50 yard-line. Hoping to move down several rows if possible but not move away from midfield. I have 4 tickets and I'm also considering adding 2 between now and May 10 and then trying to upgrade those 6 together in my section. Not sure how feasible it will be to move down in my section but not away from the 50 with 4, let alone 6, tickets.

I'm assuming the upgrade date must be determined both by seniority date and seat location. That is, someone in the upper level may have an earlier date than someone with more seniority in the lower level, but won't have access to the same seating areas. Maybe they will open upgrades up to anywhere in your current price tier and one price tier above you or something like that.

So just to clarify and get a warm and fuzzy... no one can take my seats that I have now correct?

Basically, my seats now aren't considered "available inventory" unless I choose to upgrade, then after I upgrade they become "available inventory"?

So just to clarify and get a warm and fuzzy... no one can take my seats that I have now correct?

Basically, my seats now aren't considered "available inventory" unless I choose to upgrade, then after I upgrade they become "available inventory"?

100% correct. If you read the detailed .pdf up thread about the upgrade process, it shows you the exact step in the process at which your current seats apparently get released. I'll admit that has me nervous as well -- that I pick new seats, somehow don't get them assigned, and my old seats vanish too -- but on paper it looks fairly seamless.

100% correct. If you read the detailed .pdf up thread about the upgrade process, it shows you the exact step in the process at which your current seats apparently get released. I'll admit that has me nervous as well -- that I pick new seats, somehow don't get them assigned, and my old seats vanish too -- but on paper it looks fairly seamless.

Thanks FedEx Nosebleed. I did read the .pdf, but as you said... I am definitely nervous. It sounds like a great program and I hope it works out well. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've got a question: Can I only choose upgraded seats once? Or can I do it more than once until my Upgrade Window Ends? Here's my thinking: I have one of the early windows (May 10) and I'm in 454. What if I move down a few rows in that section on May 10, but then a week later someone in 454 moves down to the lower level? Can I think log-on and move into those? If I can't, then the result would possibly be that someone with a later upgrade window would get a better upgrade than me based on the fact that those seats didn't become available until later.

I've got a question: Can I only choose upgraded seats once? Or can I do it more than once until my Upgrade Window Ends? Here's my thinking: I have one of the early windows (May 10) and I'm in 454. What if I move down a few rows in that section on May 10, but then a week later someone in 454 moves down to the lower level? Can I think log-on and move into those? If I can't, then the result would possibly be that someone with a later upgrade window would get a better upgrade than me based on the fact that those seats didn't become available until later.

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/seat-upgrades.html

Can I upgrade more than once?

Yes. Even after you have selected and upgraded your original seat location, if you see a different location you like better you can upgrade again.

Thanks for the poster who attached the link to the PDF file for the seat upgrade process.

Based on what I read here, and on other sites, I still think that the upgrade process is still somewhat random. I have owned season tickets since Gibbs II left. Started up in 400's on visitor side, and have moved every year since then. I am now in the 200's in a end zone around where the visitors entrance ramp is. My upgrade date begins 17May. I would love to finally be able to at least make it to the Redskins side of the stadium.....but if nothing great is available I am not that unhappy with where I am currently at.

It will be interesting to read comments on those who upgrade/move before my date....

I emailed the ticket office about all of the STH's with lesser seniority receiving earlier upgrade dates.

I received a return email apologizing for the "error" and had my upgrade date changed from the 24th to the 14th.

That makes me feel quite a bit better...we'll see if I indeed get a chance to upgrade after having been passed over every other year.

I emailed the ticket office about all of the STH's with lesser senority receiving earlier upgrade dates.

I received a return email apologizing for the "error" and had my upgrade date changed from the 24th to the 14th.

That makes me feel quite a bit better...we'll see if I indeed get a chance to upgrade after having been passed over every other year.

Happy they fixed it for you. I believe we got tickets at the same time. But stay the hell out of my way as I move to the sidelines!:ols:

I emailed the ticket office about all of the STH's with lesser seniority receiving earlier upgrade dates.

Leave my new seats alone!!! ;)

Archived