Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

Wow, this system sucks, just logged in to check and there are no seats available in the upper level in the 4 middle sections in the first 13 rows. At least the previous years I was always able to move up 1 or 2 rows automatically when they redskins handled the movies.

Lower mid field sections are the most popular sections in the stadium. Now that everyone can move anywhere, not just down in their current section.The best seats disappear. Seniority has its privileges. Plus, I think fewer people are giving up their seats now that we have RG3 and the team won the NFC East division last year. Always easier to find seats when the team is losing year after year. Good seats are going to get more sparse if the team keeps winning.

I'm just trying to move down in the upper level! Not down in 100 or 200 section.

Also do you think 446 Row 2 would be better then 427 row 13? Would it be worth it to move down to row 2 at the cost of moving to the corner?

I should get the 9 years I was on that dumb waiting list added to the 4 years I've owned tickets! Not my fault they were selling seats to brokers so I couldn't get some.

Never thought of that. If I were able to add the 16 years I spent on the waiting list, I'd really have some seniority.

I love the new system. I moved from section 108 to 119, row 13. Only thing that wasn't great was that I had to split my pair up. Second seat is still in section 119 row 15 one seat over. So they'll be able to see back of my head. Hopefully I can talk someone into switching seats at the game, since they're so close.

HTTR!

Actually ^^ most of the Redskins sideline seats are in the sun for 1PM games too, especially early in the season, its not until right around or just before halftime the shade comes into play, mine in row 19 of 103 are. About row 23 is in the shade at the start of 1pm games early on.... Now later in the season the 1pm games start in the shade

Interesting. I was able to move from 115 (corner endzone on the visitor's side) to 108 (corner endzone on the home side), row 26. This move will give us more shade for 1PM games prior to the return of standard time. Does anyone know approximately how much sun we will get prior to getting shade?

-ct

Upgraded! Moved down in front of the big screen, section 233 row 3. Was hoping for something more in the corner on the home side, but for now this will do.

No more hiking up the ramps which allows for more tailgate time, plus when my band plays the Bud Light Pavillion, I can be in my seat just a minute or two after packing up, instead of missing game action while having to hike up the ramps like before.

:point2sky :beavisnbutthead:

I got lucky this morning. Hated to move my seats from the home side, but I upgraded from a pair in Section 208 to a pair in Section 119 visitors side. I couldn't believe they were on there when I logged on. Couldn't pass on those, pretty stoked with these seats!

I do have to say Thank You! to the Redskins Ticket Office.... this upgrade process has been so much better than in past years!

How long after you change seats can you log back in and look at other seats. I no longer have an option for upgrades, also it doesn't list the new seats I selected.

It says 24 hours. But some people have been back on quicker and some have had to call the TO to get it reset.

I have 4 tickets together in 112. I didn't see 4 seats together anywhere in the 100 level when I logged into the upgrade page this morning.

Did you upgrade to those.....or are those what you already had?? From what I have seen it is very difficult to upgrade 4 seats together so your choices are more limited.....I did manage to upgrade from Section 230 - Row 3 to Sect 129 Row 24......if I'd been willing to break up into 2 sets it would have been much easier to choose seats.

3 Seats it seems also had quite a number of good options.

If anyone with 4 seats is located in the 107/207 area corner (or even in the west side endzone) and wishes to swap for those 4 seats in section 129....I'd be willing to swap as I have 2 seats in 104 I'd like to get closer to.

Seeing all those sections with multiple single seats available kills me.......I think "Why don't they just clump those seats together!!!???" (See Section 112 & 110).....

When does the whole upgrade process end??

Did you upgrade to those.....or are those what you already had?? From what I have seen it is very difficult to upgrade 4 seats together so your choices are more limited.....I did manage to upgrade from Section 230 - Row 3 to Sect 129 Row 24......if I'd been willing to break up into 2 sets it would have been much easier to choose seats.

3 Seats it seems also had quite a number of good options.

If anyone with 4 seats is located in the 107/207 area corner (or even in the west side endzone) and wishes to swap for those 4 seats in section 129....I'd be willing to swap as I have 2 seats in 104 I'd like to get closer to.

Seeing all those sections with multiple single seats available kills me.......I think "Why don't they just clump those seats together!!!???" (See Section 112 & 110).....

When does the whole upgrade process end??

The TO has been known in the past to call up STHs and ask if they will move one seat one way or the other so the TO can combine two single seats in a row together. Not much they can do about a single seat. Although I recall someone once posting that they got a call early in the season asking if he wanted to buy the empty seat next to him at a discount.

Upgraded! Moved down in front of the big screen' date=' section 233 row 3. Was hoping for something more in the corner on the home side, but for now this will do.

No more hiking up the ramps which allows for more tailgate time, plus when my band plays the Bud Light Pavillion, I can be in my seat just a minute or two after packing up, instead of missing game action while having to hike up the ramps like before.

:point2sky :beavisnbutthead:[/quote']

That's great news, Mike. You and Stacey will be near us, Bob & his crew. We can do the drunk walk together.........

This system favors seniority. excepting premium ticket buyers. You'll find when you have some, you will like it much better.

This system sucks for me

Positive - it favors seniority which I'm all for

Negative (which in my opinion trumps the positive) - it favors those who can be online all day

My window opened this past Wednesday so I took the whole day off to scan for seats. Nothing better came up. Now I'm back to work and won't risk my job checking for seats. I'm responsible for the internet access at work so I know that everything done online is tracked and logged.

Oh well, I'm glad some of you are enjoying the upgrades.

I haven't even hit my window yet... but I think this is a fair system because it gives the STH the power.

I can't promise everyone who hates it a participation trophy, but if you PM me your name, I can make sure you get a certificate of appreciation from DC9 and I'll have it for you at the Steelers game :)

This system sucks!

Negative (which in my opinion trumps the positive) - it favors those who can be online all day

Dave, you can also call the Ticket Office at (301) 276-6050 and not go online to upgrade. They've been very helpful when I've called. You can tell them where to check and it takes a few seconds. The best upgrades I've gotten were made just after 5pm and just before 9am (these were online).

The positives are outweighing any negatives for me. I may have gotten lucky some. My window opened on Tuesday. My seats were in Sec 453 Row 12 after being a season ticket holder since 2005. I've upgraded several times this week, and as of now I'm in Sec 401 Row 13 for next season.

I started in Sec 433 Row 20 in 2005. I had requested upgrades every year by phone/in person/by mail and got moved down 3 rows in the same section in my first 4 years. When the automatic upgrade system started in 2010, I moved over one section and down a row. The policy was only to move one section at the time. I didn't know then that other people were calling the TO and getting better moves. I was thrilled!

In 2011, I wasn't moved at all, because I was in row 16 and I chose that I didn't want to increase the ticket price on the upgrade options. Apparently, there was nothing in row 16 in the one section over from mine they checked closer to the 50, so that was it. I went nuts on them, now having found out that other people were not only getting better upgrades by calling, but knowing that new STH were getting better seats to start than mine! I told them to check other sections -- I didn't care where as long as closer to the 50 and same price. I finally settled on Sec 453 Row 24. When I showed up for the first game, I introduced myself and met a young couple to my left that had just got season tickets for the first year. I knew it to be the case, but of course, it irked me. They were nice though and I loved the seats, even though it was a climb.

This past season, 2012, I expected a lot. I knew I had seniority over many of the other folks in my section and likely many in section 454. I called the ticket office and said to please move me to 401/454/428/427, and this time I would even pay more to get there (not going to hear the same excuse as last time!). They put a note on my file. I got my upgrade. Moved to the higher price range, row 12 in the same section: 453. I lost it. Called several times. Threatened to not renew. Decided I just couldn't quit this team. I showed up for the first game and the young couple who had been to my left were to my left again in their second year of season tickets. It upset me of course, but I loved the seats. It was the first year I attended every regular season game, and only skipped one pre-season.

When I filled out the survey they sent last year, I said they needed an online system that let STH choose their own seats in order of seniority. We got it. I'm happy. I wish the premium folks didn't get to jump the line, and I'm suspicious the Redskins are holding some of the LL sideline tix out of inventory for us, but it is SO MUCH BETTER.

The positives are outweighing any negatives for me. I may have gotten lucky some. My window opened on Tuesday. My seats were in Sec 453 Row 12 after being a season ticket holder since 2005. I've upgraded several times this week, and as of now I'm in Sec 401 Row 13 for next season.

When I filled out the survey they sent last year, I said they needed an online system that let STH choose their own seats in order of seniority. We got it. I'm happy. I wish the premium folks didn't get to jump the line, and I'm suspicious the Redskins are holding some of the LL sideline tix out of inventory for us, but it is SO MUCH BETTER.

My sentiments exactly.

It took a lot to pry us out of 431 and we're still pinching ourselves.

We got our "dream" seats. We couldn't have scripted it any better, (especially after getting screwed years ago in the "obstructed seating" fiasco)

It's a straight walk from E43 to the stadium gate and a short walk to our seats.. (well....kind of straight, depending on how much bourbon Bob plies me with:ols: ).

200's, Skins side, under cover, back row, (can stand up as much as we want because we're up against a suite), and sitting near our friends.

It doesn't get much better than that!

---------- Post added May-18th-2013 at 12:15 PM ----------

[/color]

This system sucks!

My window opened this past Wednesday so I took the whole day off to scan for seats. Nothing better came up. Now I'm back to work and won't risk my job checking for seats. I'm responsible for the internet access at work so I know that everything done online is tracked and logged.

I tried to view the available seats using my android phone. I get logged into my account OK and up to the upgrade selection but the seat diagram never displays. Oh well, I'm glad some of you are enjoying the upgrades.

---------- Post added May-18th-2013 at 12:11 PM ----------

[/color]I disagree with you. This upgrade process is much better in the past because upgrades (unless you contacted the TO directly) were kinda random and season ticket holders were just kinda waiting to see where and if they were upgraded.

If you had read the the entire Seat Upgrade guide...you would have known that smartphones would not be supported (which IMO is a huge positive and the way it should be). Yes it does favor people who can be online all day to an extent but due to the groups being allowed access based on seniority.....you are really only affected for the day your group comes up..... unless you are the rare individual who is actively looking to downgrade.

My group began on Monday.....and I watched periodically for most of the day......the number of true "Upgrade options" were limited but they were there. In the following days, it is noticeable that once people's windows pass.....there isn't alot of movement in that seniority group beyond a day or 2 with a few exceptions. So all in all the seniority process is working as it should be.

The major issue I have is with the Stadium Map.....they should indicate which rows are undercover on the LL from the overhang. Endzone 200s are open air while the sideline 200s (after Row 3?) have an overhang.

I can understand Dave's point about the disadvantage one has if they are unable to check online periodically throughout the work day. I checked about every 15 minutes or more often every day since Tuesday. And I never found a good upgrade from my current seats in section 207. It's been a bummer. Just nothing lower level sideline for me. People upstairs or in the end zones on the lower level have had plenty of opportunities to improve their seats. The best thing is that you can choose anywhere in the stadium, not just where some TO agent wants to put you. All in all, I have to say this is a huge improvement over previous upgrade processes.

I think this is a great system and rewards those who should be rewarded due to seniority. It sucked before that you could never upgrade to a section other than the one directly near you, but I understand the reason. The ticket office reps were put in a no win situation because they had to predict what people actually wanted. This takes it out of their hands and puts it in ours. If I'm going to pay over $1,000 per seat, I should have a say so as to where I sit. This gives me that and is fair, which is all we can really ask. All in all, it's a positive step that they did this. I'm sure they will listen to feedback and try to improve any glitches next year.

I think this is a great system and rewards those who should be rewarded due to seniority. It sucked before that you could never upgrade to a section other than the one directly near you, but I understand the reason. The ticket office reps were put in a no win situation because they had to predict what people actually wanted. This takes it out of their hands and puts it in ours. If I'm going to pay over $1,000 per seat, I should have a say so as to where I sit. This gives me that and is fair, which is all we can really ask. All in all, it's a positive step that they did this. I'm sure they will listen to feedback and try to improve any glitches next year.

I agree 100% with your post. My two suggestions for improvement for next year are more upgrade windows (so that the servers don't get hammered at 10 AM on big upgrade days), and a way to search availability by number of seats together -- it was annoying to have to click through lots of sections to see which had 4 seats together, only to find most didn't. The higher level map of which sections had seats free was almost useless, except to tell you which sections had zero seats free.

Archived