Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Not To Sound Racist: The most awkward CPAC panel ever

shk75

My god :ols:

Smith began to talk about how Frederick Douglass had forgiven his master of 20 years, and Terry spoke up, “For giving him shelter? For doing all those things?”

If you were trying to show that the tea party does not contain racist elements, this was not your panel.

CPAC is particularly awesome this year. :applause:

Indeed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/03/15/a-banner-day-for-gay-marriage-on-the-right/

Thursday evening, in a packed room at the CPAC gathering in Maryland (a state that voted for gay marriage), a pro-gay-marriage panel hosted by the free-market Competitive Enterprise Institute evaded CPAC’s decision to exclude the conservative gay organization GOProud by hosting an event titled, “A Rainbow on the Right: Growing the Coalition, Bringing Tolerance Out of the Closet.”

I have some friends who run a very small online news outlet (The Daily Beast style) who are covering CPAC I love keeping up on their tweets, instagram and facebook.

Honestly, any group that leads of with Donald Trump cannot expect to be taken seriously.

What a joke, they are pushing the party further to the Right, further into division and more Ayn Rand policies...and this is how they expect to stop their losses.

I enjoyed Trump's speech today. It was basically a roast without jokes. It was a delight.

I believe the speech was titled "Everyone Except Me is Stupid."

Looks like it was a packed house. Trump was on twitter blaming it on security hahahaha

What a joke, they are pushing the party further to the Right, further into division and more Ayn Rand policies...and this is how they expect to stop their losses.

Hey, haven't you heard?

They don't need to change their policies. They just need to come up with some new phrases to apply to the same policies.

This is funny but frightening in its sincerity. These people sound like a bunch of half-educated disingenuous clowns more interested in crafting zippy pundit rhetoric then being actual human beings with actual thoughts and beliefs. When they start having those actual thoughts and beliefs, they're a demoralizing window into startling isolation and ignorance and the gentler face of contemporary racism.

Groups like the clowns who met here are a hideous goiter on the Republican party that's going to have to be removed before it dies.

"Why can't we be unified like a hand but separate like the fingers?" :ols:

Palin's message a mystery as she prepares to address CPAC

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/15/17328062-palins-message-a-mystery-as-she-prepares-to-address-cpac?lite

A rock star among conservatives following her nomination as the Republican vice presidential candidate in 2008, Palin has seen her star fade ever since. Her contract as a contributor for Fox News was not renewed, and her bid for president in 2012 never materialized despite a significant amount of buzz that Palin herself helped stoke.
Her political action committee, Sarah PAC, collected about $5 million during the 2012 election cycle, most of which went to operating expenses.
;)
To that end, what Palin might tell the conservative activists at CPAC is as a mystery to those who arguably know her best.

more at link

The Washington Post coverage of CPAC is straight garbage though. The comments section under Sarah Palin's video is nothing but attacks from liberals. I've seen posts calling Palin a wh*re and and a b*tch, but no posts from conservatives. I have tried to post several times with my views which were conservative and none of them were posted. I am a conservative American, but I debate with integrity and respect opposing views and unrealistically expected that from any journalist. The post is garbage and I have spent my last time on their site and spending money on their "newspaper".

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

Yep, just repackage the same dreck people have already been rejecting and hope they don't notice.

But isn't that the nature of politics? Doesn't matter if you are a member of the right or the left. Either party serves to advance their party's agenda, which isn't always in the best interest of the country. What is wrong with politicians.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

totally disgusting and yet refreshing in its naked honesty about true GOP ideals and beliefs. this is what they sound like behind closed doors, folks, make no mistake.

And you think its all rainbows and butterflies behind closed doors with liberals? It's politics in generals. Every last one of them are crooks out for their own interests.

The Washington Post coverage of CPAC is straight garbage though. The comments section under Sarah Palin's video is nothing but attacks from liberals. I've seen posts calling Palin a wh*re and and a b*tch, but no posts from conservatives. I have tried to post several times with my views which were conservative and none of them were posted. I am a conservative American, but I debate with integrity and respect opposing views and unrealistically expected that from any journalist. The post is garbage and I have spent my last time on their site and spending money on their "newspaper".

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

But isn't that the nature of politics? Doesn't matter if you are a member of the right or the left. Either party serves to advance their party's agenda, which isn't always in the best interest of the country. What is wrong with politicians.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

And you think its all rainbows and butterflies behind closed doors with liberals? It's politics in generals. Every last one of them are crooks out for their own interests.

Is business insider a better source for you?

http://www.businessinsider.com/cpac-tea-party-event-racism--2013-3

Scott Terry of North Carolina, accompanied by a Confederate-flag-clad attendee, Matthew Heimbach, rose to say he took offense to the event’s take on slavery. (Heimbach founded the White Students Union at Towson University and is described as a “white nationalist” by the Southern Poverty Law Center.)

“It seems to be that you’re reaching out to voters at the expense of young white Southern males,” Terry said, adding he “came to love my people and culture” who were “being systematically disenfranchised.”

Smith responded that Douglass forgave his slavemaster.

“For giving him food? And shelter?” Terry said.

“Look, you know there’s no doubt the white males are getting really beat up right now, it’s unfair,” she said. “I agree with that. My husband’s one of them. But I don’t think there’s a clear understanding about what really is going on. He needs to read Frederick Douglass and I think that question should be asked to everyone in this room who is debating.”

I see that you didn't want to address the article or the panel at all.

Here is a video of one of the incidents

Since I posted the other piece earlier, I figured I should add this update. I think this was one of her better efforts, by what I can tell from the article.

Sarah Palin tells conservatives to branch out: ‘Stop preaching to the choir’

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sarah-palin-tells-conservatives-branch-stop-preaching-choir-181615159--politics.html

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference here Saturday, Palin was interrupted more than half a dozen times by standing ovations throughout a short red-meat speech, where she dinged the Republican Party and called on the conservative movement to be more inclusive. Palin, who delivered the keynote address at the same event last year, argued that Republicans acted "too calculated" and "scripted."

"Even our guys in the GOP too often have a habit of reading their stage directions, especially these days. They're being too scripted, too calculated. They talk about rebuilding the party. How about rebuilding the middle class?" Palin said. "They talk about re-branding the GOP instead of restoring the trust of the American people. Now, we can't just ignore, though, that we just lost a big election. Came in second. Out of two. Second position on the dog sled team--it's where the view never changes and the view ain't pretty."

"But we need to figure out then, our job. What will we do next?" she added. "Let's be clear about one thing: We're not here to re-brand a party. We're here to rebuild a country."

more at link

Since I posted the other piece earlier, I figured I should add this update. I think this was one of her better efforts, by what I can tell from the article.

Sarah Palin tells conservatives to branch out: ‘Stop preaching to the choir’

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sarah-palin-tells-conservatives-branch-stop-preaching-choir-181615159--politics.html

This is hilarious! Sarah is the epitome of everything that she just said they shouldn't be. These people have zero depth perception!

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

totally disgusting and yet refreshing in its naked honesty about true GOP ideals and beliefs. this is what they sound like behind closed doors, folks, make no mistake.

These doors ain't exactly closed....what do they sound like behind closed doors.....47%.

Palin lecturing about "stop preaching to the choir" is just rich. She was the fricking choir director of the 2008 campaign, and did more to turn off non-right wing American voters than anybody this side of Rush Limbaugh. She started out as an intriguing personality at her coming out party at the RNC, energizing the party with her rousing pep talk. It was way partisan, which was just right for the convention. Only she never dropped that highly partisan, divisive tone. It carried right through the campaign, and did more to lose the election than anything McCain did.

Archived