Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tandler's RR - Report: Redskins considering releasing Hall

SWFLSkins

Considering the Hall debates over the last two years I thought maybe this deserved a new thread. Saw this posted by Hap in BRBN

Well have at it......

---------------------------

I personally think they could restructure and keep him or sign someone else. I have lost any emotional connection either by seeing him act a fool or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tandler's RR - Report: Redskins considering releasing Hall

By Rich Tandler

ESPN’s Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter today that the Redskins are considering releasing cornerback DeAngelo Hall in order to get under the salary cap.

Hall is scheduled to count $8 million against the cap and as he has not prorated bonus money on his deal the Redskins would save that entire amount against the cap. They are about $3 million over as of now so the one move would satisfy the requirement and get them under the cap by the deadline that comes this Tuesday at 4 p.m.

“He will be a candidate that the Redskins will look at to try to get back underneath the salary cap,” said Schefter.

It is possible that the Redskins put the possibility that Hall will be released out there in order to persuade him to take a pay cut. If he and the Redskins need find a comparable situation on which to gauge what he salary should be, they need to look no further than to their division rival Giants.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/03/report-redskins-considering-releasing-hall.html

I thought I had already heard he was willing to restructure. Maybe I'm thinking of Moss or Fletcher... Fred Davis...is there anyone we AREN'T talking about taking a pay cut? lol

I had heard Hall was willing to restructure his contract to be a Skin so I thought.

At the end of the season just like last year, Hall said he was open to a restructure. Skins talked to his agent at the Combine about redoing his deal.

If the restructure includes a paycut, I would assume being willing to negotiate is only half the battle, the other half is agreeing to how much. if its a pure restructure, where D. Hall keeps his 8 million but its spread out in bonuses -- Vinny style -- I'd rather let him go. I am not one of the D. Hall haters on this board but still IMO no way the dude should be paid as one of the top corners in the league. IMO we can get a better player than Hall with 8 million -- even in this free agency market. For example Keenan Lewis is mentioned as a guy getting anywhere between 5-8 million a year, he's 26 and most would consider him a better cover guy than D. Hall.

I thought I had already heard he was willing to restructure. Maybe I'm thinking of Moss or Fletcher... Fred Davis...is there anyone we AREN'T talking about taking a pay cut? lol

So? Just because he is willing to restructure doesn't mean that it is as significant as we feel he should give us. Maybe he feels his market value is significantly more than we feel and the only way to get a hard number is to let him play in the street.

I'm only concerned in that it's another position we'd have to fill. Hall and Wilson are a capable enough tandem as long as they have good safety help, which they did not have last season. Cutting him outright just makes another position we absolutely have to address. I'm hoping for a team friendly restructure.

I like dhall would prefer he take the deal but if not get 2 fa's combo of (toler,lewis,mckelvin,fletcher,biggers) to replace hall an griffin.. Then draft our future, scouting department will need to earn there $$ again.. I have no worries seems like we are actually drafting guys who fit our systems, instead of the **** we were doing before! F U vinny! :pfft:

I'm only concerned in that it's another position we'd have to fill. Hall and Wilson are a capable enough tandem as long as they have good safety help, which they did not have last season. Cutting him outright just makes another position we absolutely have to address. I'm hoping for a team friendly restructure.

I don't see it that way. It's all about the money. Lets say if Hall wants 6 million a year and Chris Houston wants 6 million a year. Then they make an apples to apples decision as to which CB they prefer. Plenty of corners in this market.

I think Shanny has wanted to get rid of him for a while but knows he can't because CB is such a weak spot on this team.

Hopefully we can get another repeat of the 01 draft where we got Fred Smoot in the 2nd round and he started from day one.

I think Schefter was just stating the obvious. Skins talked to D-Hall about a restructure, seemed like a restructure was pretty close, and then our front office sort of went into a holding pattern trying to figure out whether or not to go nuclear to regain some cap space.

Not to mention that the NFL has us at $2.9 million under the cap, not close to $4 million over it.

Don't think it's as big a deal as people are taking it. I think the chances D-Hall gets cut over getting restructured/taking a pay cut are about the same. It was about a 50-50 shot at any rate. I think they'd rather keep him then let him go though, like they'd rather keep London rather than let him go.

---------- Post added March-7th-2013 at 07:40 PM ----------

I think Shanny has wanted to get rid of him for a while but knows he can't because CB is such a weak spot on this team.

If Shanny didn't want D-Hall here he had plenty of chances to cut him when we still had cap room and a better draft situation. Shanny's got no problems cutting malcontents and guys that don't perform, depth issues or not.

Reminder: "restructure" means still paying him 8 mil for next season, just making it so a chunk of that counts against the cap in future years. Even for people who believe he's a good deal better than I do, I hope we could reach a consensus that he just isn't worth star-level pay.

Now, an actual pay cut is different, but personally I hope we just move on from him.

For all the people that want to "move on" from D. Hall, the guy was did a helluva job against guys like Dez Bryant last year. The secondary pretty much sucked last year, but he was one of the few bright spots. That said, if Hall or the team think they can do better, then so be it.

Archived