Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Chris Culliver (49ers CB) wouldn't accept openly gay player

Hiro

I hope San Fran wins now.
That's disgusting to me.
I have the audio of this, and we will likely make fun of him heavily on the next BCRH podcast. (Not tomorrow's show. Tomorro's show we have Freb Smoop signing the jailhouse blues among other things.)

~Plug

YES!
Jackie Robinson was gay? I didn't know that!
JR was part of a group of people in our society people openly hated and treated as a subspecies.
i think anybody should have the right to be openly gay in the nfl but i also feel that teammates have the right to feel uncomfortable around them in the locker room.

how would this be any different than an openly heterosexual man in a women's locker room.

If you have that opinion or even feeling, you are very immature. I'd love to watch multiple gay men shoot you down. They're not animals you know.
Hey, hey hey, now that's definately taken out of context. :mad: (but pretty funny. good one). :ols:
That was hysterical.

JR was part of a group of people in our society people openly hated and treated as a subspecies.

That was hysterical.

I know you are going through something with the loss of your friend, but you know sometimes you have to have a sense of humor about things. I'm not sure why you feel you need to be the moral compass of everyone in here. Yes, we all know what Jackie Robinson went through and my joke was because Dan linked the two together, which really had nothing to do with the subject, hence why a joke was made.

I have nothing against homosexuals and have no reason to hate anyone. I'm not going to sit here and say I have gay friends or I have a relative who is gay to prove to anyone my stance on the matter, let alone you, but if you must, I do share an office with a gay man who is my coworker and I tell you, he has very good sense of humor. He's one of the funniest guys I've ever been around. Cracks me up all the time. I can remember him telling me one time, "even I love a gay joke every once in a while." So while you take up the cause for the gay community, I'd rather you just let them worry about it.

I swear, this place is like the NFL or No Fun League.

koolblue13 writes:

If you have that opinion or even feeling, you are very immature. I'd love to watch multiple gay men <edited out>. They're not animals you know.

koolblue, I would remove this offensive sentence from your post (I removed the offensive part in my post). This sounds like a threat and it will get you banned.

Oh no, not in that mean-spirited way. I was actually saying more to the fact that I don't want this distracting the 40 Whiners from the goal at hand.

If you come into a thread about a 49ers player saying he's not accepting of gay men in the lockerroom and say, "I hope San Fran wins now," people are going to take it as you wanting the 49ers to win because a player doesn't support gay men in the lockerroom.

Hey, hey hey, now that's definately taken out of context. :mad: (but pretty funny. good one). :ols:

Glad you enjoyed... too much seriousness, not enough fun. Who gives a rat's ass if a person is gay or not as long as they're a decent human being who doesn't annoy the living **** outta you? Seriously.

Why is Culliver pointing the finger anyway? What does he have to hide?

i think anybody should have the right to be openly gay in the nfl but i also feel that teammates have the right to feel uncomfortable around them in the locker room.

how would this be any different than an openly heterosexual man in a women's locker room.

Desensitization would make the scenarios pretty markedly different.

That's disgusting to me.

YES!

If you have that opinion or even feeling, you are very immature. I'd love to watch multiple gay men shoot you down. They're not animals you know.

That was hysterical.

how is it it immature?

you dont think heterosexual men and women have a right to be uncomfortable being naked around someone who is attracted to the opposite sex.

and i never once said they were animals, i firmly believe in gay rights and have no opposition to them in any way.

i think you decided to automaticly assume i was saying they would inherently not be able to control themselves but thats not the case, i was simply saying that its possible they could find themselves attracted to one of there strait teammates and its not fair to put them in that situation without there consent

how is it it immature?

you dont think heterosexual men and women have a right to be uncomfortable being naked around someone who is attracted to the opposite sex.

and i never once said they were animals, i firmly believe in gay rights and have no opposition to them in any way.

i think you decided to automaticly assume i was saying they would inherently not be able to control themselves but thats not the case, i was simply saying that its possible they could find themselves attracted to one of there strait teammates and its not fair to put them in that situation without there consent

After reading the article I posted above I saw a link to an interview with Wade Davis, who came out after his NFL career ended. He's asked about this, and says that being on a football team is like being in a family, so for him, the notion of ogling someone on your own team doesn't even cross anyone's mind because you're family. I thought that was interesting. Have a look: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/09/wade-davis-on-nfl-players-who-live-semi-open-gay-lives.html

Right, i think if we boast in being a "tolerant" and "progressive" society. We must seek to understand and tolerate everyone's opinion on a matter. And i will be one to say that the "uncomfortability" in this circumstance isn't as sinister as some would propose. But that's my opinion.

---------- Post added January-31st-2013 at 06:41 PM ----------

Dude, is it so serious that a person can't express a contrary opinion?

Man, I want to be offended by this than I actually am. The way Culliver phrased his argument is so stereotypically homophobic that I can barely stand it, but I can also sympathize with those who would be uncomfortable with a homosexual teammate sharing a locker room with them.

how is it it immature?

This post sounds like you don't think that people can act like adults and not hit on everything that moves.

I am so, so, so, so sick and tired of guys backpedaling on what they say. "a reflection of the thoughts in my head, but it's not how I feel"?????? Could you possibly put together a bigger bull**** sentence...It just makes it worse.

If you don't like the gay thing, keep it to yourself. Don't go out mentioning it like no one will write it down, THEN say it's not really how you FEEL, you were just sayin....ugh it's so dumb

---------- Post added January-31st-2013 at 08:32 PM ----------

This post sounds like you don't think that people can act like adults and not hit on everything that moves.

I dunno if it's just that, it's just giving both sides of the issue, (as if straight people are oppressed, I know..). But you can't deny it could be awkward in a NFL locker room. I happen to think it would be so petty, it wouldn't matter...but if there's any place that makes the gay discussion tricky, it's a locker room. Look how much of a mess it was when Portis mentioned the thing about women reporters in locker rooms. It was in bad taste and all, but it's kind of the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. NO ONE wants to talk about the gay thing in the locker room, you cannot win lol.

it tis what it is..veery tricky little topic that everyone has to walk on eggshells about

Archived