Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

W.P.: Dan Snyder says he fired Vinny Cerrato for letting him hire Jim Zorn(M.E.T.)

Yeen80

This read makes Dan Snyder look like an idiot, if we didn't already know. His word choice is so poor, and some of his statements are pure irony.

He says, Marty Shot. Would still be head coach if he wasn't trying to do it all. Well isn't Mike 'doing it all' right now? Lol... I haven't even finished reading this but Dan really needs to either avoid the media or start being more honest.

So it wasn't for all of those ****in' players he brought in that just got unlucky here?

EDIT: Seriously though... why does the Washington Post continue their offseason assault on Snyder. Every year, the week before the Super Bowl. Get over it.

I see it like this: all those terrible years have brought this team to where it is now - a team with a franchise QB and a, hopefully, bright future. I was never a Shanny fan but he seems to know how to utilize his QB. Of course, there is the tiny issue of knee reconstruction surgery and recovery but I am sure its just a small bump in the road to a championship.

He says, Marty Shot. Would still be head coach if he wasn't trying to do it all. Well isn't Mike 'doing it all' right now? Lol... I haven't even finished reading this but Dan really needs to either avoid the media or start being more honest.

No, Mike isn't 'doing it all'. Let us not reduce Bruce Allen to being a puppet of Shanahan. He's very much Snyder's choice to run the football operations. While Shanahan does have a lot of input in the formation of the roster, I don't think he remotely 'does it all', nor do I think he wants to, either.

As for Zorn, while I respect admitting that hiring Zorn was a mistake, I don't think that excuses him with what happened with Zorn in his last year. No matter what you thought of him, he didn't deserve that crap. That's really the reason why Vinny should have been fired.

So here is my question -Look, Zorn was over matched and not qualified to run a NFL team. Then again, neither was Steve Spurrier.

But man it just seems like Jim Zorn is HATED by Snyder? Any idea why?

Zorn and Spurrier were 12-20 in two years. Both brought bad players. One he still likes, one he doesn't.

So here is my question -Look, Zorn was over matched and not qualified to run a NFL team. Then again, neither was Steve Spurrier.

But man it just seems like Jim Zorn is HATED by Snyder? Any idea why?

Zorn and Spurrier were 12-20 in two years. Both brought bad players. One he still likes, one he doesn't.

It's the Swinging Gate. Tha changes everything.

I don't think he remotely 'does it all', nor do I think he wants to, either.

/Burt Reynolds laugh

---------- Post added January-29th-2013 at 05:03 PM ----------

I think it was the message that the failures sent. Danny does not like to look foolish.

Spurrier was just a good old fashioned coaching failure. No one criticized the hiring process. Certainly, no one criticized the hire. Spurrier was seen as some kind of coaching savant and the NFL had been trying to pull him away from Florida for years. Just the act of hiring Spurrier was a success for Danny.

And most people thought Spurrier would win simply because he always won. The failure to win fell on Spurrier (who was revealed to be a pretty big flake), not Danny.

The Zorn hire was seen as a joke from the start. Danny went way way way out on a limb there. And when it failed, everyone pointed the finger at Danny, not Zorn. Zorn is a position coach who never was even thought of as a possible coordinator. Danny was convinced there was genius there. And looked like a total amateur in the end.

/Burt Reynolds laugh

Ok' date=' let me put it this way: there is a difference between a head coach forming a FO that the owner has little say in and one where he had a lot of say. Bruce Allen was hired separate from Shanahan, and while the hire was intended to go hand-in-hand with Shanahan, Allen is still Snyder's guy. Snyder didn't have any of that with Marty.

The Zorn hire was seen as a joke from the start. Danny went way way way out on a limb there. And when it failed, everyone pointed the finger at Danny, not Zorn. Zorn is a position coach who never was even thought of as a possible coordinator. Danny was convinced there was genius there. And looked like a total amateur in the end.

The only reason why Snyder would be convinced of that would be because Vinny sold him on it. Zorn is so left-field for Snyder's typical head coaching decisions that it is hard to come to any conclusion other than it had to be Vinny's guy. Really, Snyder's first choices always seemed to be experienced head coaches, even with Spurrier. Fassel sounded a lot more like a typical Snyder hire than Zorn.

Archived