Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Unofficial ES Divisional Playoff Thread

sens11

Look to me like he was just waiting to make a break on the ball and knock it down. I think the point was to make it, "seem," like he was beat. He's got great closing speed and was playing on a short field.

White had to stop running his route to catch the ball. If Ryan had put it out in front of him there's no way Sherman makes that play.

Guess what? It sure as hell ain't the 49ers offense. You adapted your offense to do what we had been doing all year once you saw how good it was.

That's not true. Many Redskins fans need to learn that these things were in the minds of a number of NFL coaches and taking place in a number of college programs. The idea the "we" discover it and others "copied it from us" is serious homerism. Harbaugh is on record from back when he picked his QB that he had such things in mind.

Now the level of our success with a rather average supporting cast may have inspired some others to stick it out more and sooner (as Carroll admitted) but these approaches were already being accepted and developed.

Like with most fanbases, our homerism level rose with our success in any number of matters <dead grin smiley>

BYW...**** Seattle :evilg:

(congrats to the niner fan---great game)

One thing I have little doubt of regarding many posts, and while I wish for nothing but the worst of horrors for the seasquawks, their team will get little credit and the falcons will most blame for every play today that goes in favor of SEA

That's not true. Many Redskins fans need to learn that these things were in the minds of a number of NFL coaches and taking place in a number of college programs. The idea the "we" discover it and others "copied it from us" is serious homerism. Harbaugh is on record from back when he picked his QB that he had such things in mind.

Now the level of our success with a rather average supporting cast may have inspired some others to stick it out more and sooner (as Carroll admitted) but these approaches were already being accepted and developed.

Like with most fanbases, our homerism level rose with our success in any number of matters <dead grin smiley>

BYW...**** Seattle :evilg:

(congrats to the niner fan---great game)

Sure, he had such things in mind. But the thing is, he didn't implement them until after we started doing it. Same with Carroll. It's kind of like the telephone argument. Elisha Gray had the idea around the same time, but Bell gets credit for it because he took action first.

Other coaches might have had the idea for it before Shanahan, but Shanny used it first.

Sure, he had such things in mind. But the thing is, he didn't implement them until after we started doing it. Same with Carroll. It's kind of like the telephone argument. Elisha Gray had the idea around the same time, but Bell gets credit for it because he took action first.

Other coaches might have had the idea for it before Shanahan, but Shanny used it first.

I said as much in my post, only the more rational and informed version. :pfft:

You're not all that rational on these matters <dead grin smiley>, and that's normal and ok, and so are you. :)

(but it's not like the "telephone thing", either ;))

:point2sky

Archived