Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Unofficial ES Divisional Playoff Thread

sens11

I think I would have less of an issue with the 49ers recent resurgence, if I didn't happen to live in their region. It always stings a little worse not only not living in the 'Skins territory, but the place you happen to live in, features a team that is pretty solid. Of course there is the whole issue of Eddie Debartolo Jr. cheating the cap supposedly to help build their dynasty. Who knows though.

I'm in the same boat. Consolation prize is we get to watch the comedy of disasters the Raiders put out there week after week, season after season. Other consolation prize was I was real familiar with the pistol having watched Kaepernick run it here at UnR.

So Gronk breaks his arm again, he said earlier this week he was worried about it, Bellickek forces him to play anyway and he breaks his arm.....so when will everyone call for Bill to be fired....oh that's right, its the Pats and Gronk is a gamer and Bill is just Bill. If it wasn't so funny, I might actually laugh.

He was getting the same type of questions Shanahan was just now on NFL network.

Honestly.

Why do teams play the soft zone coverages at all, at any point in the game? If you get beat deep you get beat deep. Look at the Redskins, when we play soft zone versus press man.

I think it's time to admit that the soft cover 2 shell and the like has gone the way of the wishbone. It doesn't work anymore when it's so easy to pick apart zone coverage.

I'd play nothing but press man or almost nothing and if my corners get beat deep, that's fine. Especially if I had a strong offense to back it up.

I would say that zone can work when you have a great pass rush. Most QB's can pick apart a zone with no pressure. Anyways, a lot of the good qb's can pick apart anything you throw at them if you play it enough. I think you have to mix it up with zone/man/blitz concepts. Also, some guys aren't that disciplined, and can get caught up with whatever receiver is in their zone, or they can get sucked in on the run, which will result in a guy wide open

It's not necessarily the zone defense itself that fails. What people often don't realize is that zone defense requires very disciplined players. You are assigned to cover certain portions of the field, and you have to stay in your "pocket" and take care of it. You might give up a reception every now and then, but it is designed to keep the damage minimal. The problem comes when the players don't show the discipline and are caught out of position, vacating an entire area of the field.

This was a big complaint a lot had about Lavar during his playing days, which is why one play he looked like the next LT and the very next play he looked clueless. The one coach who forced him to play disciplined was Marvin Lewis, and suddenly he had his best overall stats of his career, but Lavar hated it because he wanted the freedom he had in college, which was to just roam the line of scrimmage and use his athleticism to "find the ball carrier"

Then we wouldn't have Kerrigan though. I think Kerrigan and Jenkins make up for Watt.

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion. Especially since we could've had Jenkins and Watt!! Jenkins was a 2010 draft pick.

Imagine Jenkins, Watt, Orakpo, and Jackson... We could've had this. Unstoppable!!

Ok, I'm going to choose to think the soul crushing loss after the comeback with a additional last second helping of "false hope" was better than them getting stomped. :)

Nah. Not in my mind anyway.

I was proud of the heart and hustle they showed today and, for much of the season, and am looking forward to their bright future.

Sure there are a number of things that coaches and players alike would like to have back (especially in that first half). But, hopefully, this young team will learn from their mistakes and the experience of this "unexpected" season that saw them go further than anyone (except maybe them) expected they would.

Enjoy the rest of the post season, Redskins fans (I'm pulling for a all-bird bowl ~ Ravens vs. Falcons ;) )

I truly hope RGIII recoups and recovers fully and that our teams meet again in 2014!

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion. Especially since we could've had Jenkins and Watt!! Jenkins was a 2010 draft pick.

Imagine Jenkins, Watt, Orakpo, and Jackson... We could've had this. Unstoppable!!

No, Jenkins was a 2011 draft pick. :)

But, yeah, that would've been nice. Still, I like Kerrigan. He's the type of guy you know will put in all the work to improve and you just know he's not satisfied with how he did this year.

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 11:46 PM ----------

So Gronk breaks his arm again, he said earlier this week he was worried about it, Bellickek forces him to play anyway and he breaks his arm.....so when will everyone call for Bill to be fired....oh that's right, its the Pats and Gronk is a gamer and Bill is just Bill. If it wasn't so funny, I might actually laugh.

Did this really happen? :ols:

Then we wouldn't have Kerrigan though. I think Kerrigan and Jenkins make up for Watt.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 01:58 AM ----------

No, Jenkins was a 2011 draft pick. :)

But, yeah, that would've been nice. Still, I like Kerrigan. He's the type of guy you know will put in all the work to improve and you just know he's not satisfied with how he did this year.

:

That's right.. I forgot Jenkins got hurt last year.. Thought it was two years ago.. But I think Kerrigan really has something to prove next year. Looking for him to be a leader of this defense. The one who creates havoc for opposing defenses.

That's right.. I forgot Jenkins got hurt last year.. Thought it was two years ago.. But I think Kerrigan really has something to prove next year. Looking for him to be a leader of this defense. The one who creates havoc for opposing defenses.

If Rak can get back healthy, they both will create havoc. That's the joy of having two great pass rushers.

We had brought in Cofield and Bowen and drafted Jenkins. Kerrigan was a needed piece for the 3-4. I'm not sure why everyone keeps crying in their milk at not having Watt. We were NOT in the market for another DE, no matter how much people keep bringing this up. Kerrigan might not have the sacks of Watt, but he has the batted passes, he has a motor like Watt and he is very intelligent at reading plays. Plus, can you sit here and say for sure, that if we had taken Watt that Jackson was ready to play at the level he has been playing? You're basing all of this in hindsight. I like the Kerrigan and Jenkins picks. Get Orakpo back healthy and then we'll see how much better Kerrigan will be next year.

Archived