Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Unofficial ES Divisional Playoff Thread

sens11

I keep laughing at the people who are gonna keep saying Kap and R Wilson are the type of NFL qbs of the future. Even when they werent even running the offense the are now at the beginning of the season. Only after they saw the success we were having running it with Robert did they start running it. And now with their more complete teams/better overall personnel they are making deep runs into the playoffs with them.

I dont mean to sound jealous or whatever. But I believe Rob is the best of this new style QB, and when we get that more complete team/better overall personnel as well, we are gonne be the real force in the NFL.

...actually, they might be right.

Any QB can get hurt period. Its the playoffs, you gotta give your team the best chance to win.

If i'm a niners fan im all for throwing Kap out there to run the option for the next couple of weeks. He only needs to survive a few more weeks at this point.

I keep laughing at the people who are gonna keep saying Kap and R Wilson are the type of NFL qbs of the future. Even when they werent even running the offense the are now at the beginning of the season. Only after they saw the success we were having running it with Robert did they start running it. And now with their more complete teams/better overall personnel they are making deep runs into the playoffs with them.

I dont mean to sound jealous or whatever. But I believe Rob is the best of this new style QB, and when we get that more complete team/better overall personnel as well, we are gonne be the real force in the NFL.

Exactly

LOL, I guess hate is the new love.

We've been running this offense ALL year....with CK. We had a special package for CK, the 'Wild Kap' it was dubbed, that we used when Alex Smith was the starter. Check your facts. It came to the forefront once CK was named the starter. But your talking about a guy in CK who ran the pistol in college...and broke all kinds of NCAA records doing it. Coached by Chris Ault, the man who invented the 'pistol offense'. But you conveniently left out those facts. And Kyle wasn't even the the first OC to utilize it in the NFL. We've incoperated it ever since CK was first drafted. And a couple of teams have used varations of it. Might want brush up on your intel there.

We've been running this offense ALL year....with CK. We had a special package for CK, the 'Wild Kap' it was dubbed, that we used when Alex Smith was the starter. Check your facts. It came to the forefront once CK was named the starter. But your talking about a guy in CK who ran the pistol in college...and broke all kinds of NCAA records doing it. Coached by Chris Ault, the man who invented the 'pistol offense'. But you conveniently left out those facts. And Kyle wasn't even the the first OC to utilize it in the NFL. We've incoperated it ever since CK was first drafted. And a couple of teams have used varations of it. Might want brush up on your intel there.

You've run it as a "package" set, never as a full-time offense until Kaep became the full-time starter.

Much different scenario.

***And just :wtf: are you even doing here?

:ols:

So random.

I had an awful night on my bets last night! But enjoyed the games immensely!

The Niners Offensive Line is Awesome - They have THREE, yes THREE 1st round picks on the line.

The Niners WHOLE DEFENSE is Awesome

They also have a HOF running back

Just imagine what RG3 would do with those tools to assist him (we just need to keep building). I honestly cannot wait for us to take the NFL by storm with a healthy RG3 and improved overall 'skins. Patience is a virtue guys and we will have OUR day :)

All Hail to the Redskins!

HAIL!

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 10:59 AM ----------

**** Off

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 11:00 AM ----------

**** Off

Today sucked.

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 02:11 AM ----------

Much faster. Kaepernick runs a 4.53.

He makes it look faster on that. He makes 4.53 look like 4.35 when he takes off running. He looked like the fastest player on the field, just running away from DBs.

And I'm sure the decision to bench Smith and go with Kap and this O full time had nothing to do with the success RG3 had in the first half of the season.

The Redskins, 49ers, and Seahawks did not invent the offenses we all saw this season. They are a mix of things from the NFL's past which are merely modernized and tweaked a little. As far as who was running these packages heavily first this season, it was Washington out of necessity. It isn't like we just came up with this stuff out of thin air however, neither did anyone else. Thanks, college football!

And I'm sure the decision to bench Smith and go with Kap and this O full time had nothing to do with the success RG3 had in the first half of the season.

Harbaugh probably drafted Kap because he saw how successful RG3 was. Come on, you really don't think his ridiculous performance against the Bears had anything to do with keeping the job?

Harbaugh probably drafted Kap because he saw how successful RG3 was. Come on, you really don't think his ridiculous performance against the Bears had anything to do with keeping the job?

I'm sure it did. You don't think RG3's performance in the first half of the year gave Harbaugh confidence that he could run Kap in that "package" full time?

Other people are saying this but I want to as well:

****!!!!!!

Colin CRAPERNICK ran our offense and shredded the Packers.

Gonna watch Wilson run it in Atlanta today....ugh.

Gotta watch these two read option wannabes decide the NFC and our guy is laid up for 8 months....

A healthy RG3 could of taken us to the show, ALREADY!

****!!!!!!

I'm sure it did. You don't think RG3's performance in the first half of the year gave Harbaugh confidence that he could run Kap in that "package" full time?

Personally, I think Harbaugh was planning on inserting Kap the moment he had a chance, he knew Kap was going to be the future of the franchise and the starter next year (for proof of this look at how Alex Smiths contract is structured) and Smith taking that concussion and missing the Bears game gave him the chance to see if Kap was ready.

When Kap showed that he was ready it pretty much sealed up that decision and Harbaugh had the confidence that the QB he drafted and has been grooming was ready to take over a little early. I don't think RG3 or Wilson or anyone elses performance outside of Kap and Smiths played a role on the decision. Now you can argue that the success of the pistol offense in Washington made it more likely that the 49ers would use it more extensively like they did in this game but according to Roman they had been holding back on throwing the full weight of the read option into the playbook for the playoffs to not tip their hands. So I am not sure how much Seattle and Washingtons successes played into the gameplan of Roman but I think the actual QB decision had nothing to do with anyone outside of Kaps readiness and an unfortunate injury to Smith.

Other people are saying this but I want to as well:

****!!!!!!

Colin CRAPERNICK ran our offense and shredded the Packers.

Gonna watch Wilson run it in Atlanta today....ugh.

Gotta watch these two read option wannabes decide the NFC and our guy is laid up for 8 months....

A healthy RG3 could of taken us to the show, ALREADY!

****!!!!!!

First off, dude IS NOT crap. KAP was BALLIN yesterday. And second, I'll still take RG3 over Wilson or Kap but RG3 really needs to learn how to avoid the big hits like Wilson and Kap or HE WILL have a very short career.

First off, dude IS NOT crap. KAP was BALLIN yesterday. And second, I'll still take RG3 over Wilson or Kap but RG3 really needs to learn how to avoid the big hits like Wilson and Kap or HE WILL have a very short career.

Yeah, as much as I hated hearing it from the announcers in the SF game yesterday, when Kap was about to get hit on a number of runs, instead of diving, trying to cut a different direction, and fighting for 1 or 2 extra yards, he was sliding and avoiding taking hits. The guy ran for 181 yards and I don't recall seeing him take any big hits. Some of his biggest runs were on scrambles too, where the Packers were trying to bring pressure from outside and left the middle of the field wide open for 20-30 easy yards. He showed that you can be a running quarterback safely. The RG3 injury against Atlanta was on a play where he should have slid much earlier. His injury against the Ravens was on a head first dive. Sure, maybe Ngata hits him anyway if he slides, only hits him in the head instead and gives him a concussion. I'd say the chances of that happening are much lower, and it would have drawn a 15 yard penalty, major fine, and the scrutiny of the entire NFL down on the Ravens. Instead RG3 goes head first and gets his knee screwed up. Oh, and if RG3 had a concussion, it wouldn't sideline him next season. I know the doctor said he hopes RG3 will be ready for next season, but what are we really talking about here? Best case scenario he misses OTAs, he misses most of training camp, he misses most of pre-season, and he's going to go out there on opening day and perform?

I'd say we're probably going to see Kirk Cousins for at least a few early games next season, and I'm confident in the man, but I can't kill this nagging feeling that if RG3 had just learned to get to the ****ing ground when he's supposed to, we wouldn't have our franchise hanging in the balance for the next 8 months.

RG3 even on a repaired knee may still be a very good runner whenever he returns. We may even be tempted to use him as that again in the future. As smart as we all know Griffin is, I'd love if he could learn from C.K. and Wilson and just go to the ****ing ground the right way when he's about to get creamed.

Yeah, as much as I hated hearing it from the announcers in the SF game yesterday, when Kap was about to get hit on a number of runs, instead of diving, trying to cut a different direction, and fighting for 1 or 2 extra yards, he was sliding and avoiding taking hits. The guy ran for 181 yards and I don't recall seeing him take any big hits. Some of his biggest runs were on scrambles too, where the Packers were trying to bring pressure from outside and left the middle of the field wide open for 20-30 easy yards. He showed that you can be a running quarterback safely. The RG3 injury against Atlanta was on a play where he should have slid much earlier. His injury against the Ravens was on a head first dive. Sure, maybe Ngata hits him anyway if he slides, only hits him in the head instead and gives him a concussion. I'd say the chances of that happening are much lower, and it would have drawn a 15 yard penalty, major fine, and the scrutiny of the entire NFL down on the Ravens. Instead RG3 goes head first and gets his knee screwed up. Oh, and if RG3 had a concussion, it wouldn't sideline him next season. I know the doctor said he hopes RG3 will be ready for next season, but what are we really talking about here? Best case scenario he misses OTAs, he misses most of training camp, he misses most of pre-season, and he's going to go out there on opening day and perform?

I'd say we're probably going to see Kirk Cousins for at least a few early games next season, and I'm confident in the man, but I can't kill this nagging feeling that if RG3 had just learned to get to the ****ing ground when he's supposed to, we wouldn't have our franchise hanging in the balance for the next 8 months.

RG3 even on a repaired knee may still be a very good runner whenever he returns. We may even be tempted to use him as that again in the future. As smart as we all know Griffin is, I'd love if he could learn from C.K. and Wilson and just go to the ****ing ground the right way when he's about to get creamed.

I'm sure RGIII watched that game yesterday shaking his head and had a lightbulb moment or two.

Are all Skins fans narcissists? Sorry to burst your bubble but nothing done in DC is influencing Jim Harbaugh. The decision to name him the starter was based upon our passing offense, not our running game. We had the #1 rushing offense in the league before we switched to CK as the starter. We could have just continued to use him as a package QB if that was our aim. CK has always been groomed as the future starter. He was raw when first came into the league. He needed to fine tune his throwing motion, as well as his mechanics and his footwork, which is still a work in process. But the potential has always been there. And when he got his opportunity, in a big primetime game, he ran with it. You think if he would have played awful versus the Bears, JH would have went with him simply because a rookie QB on the east coast was having success? You do realize Alex Smith was 3rd rated passer in the entire league when we went with CK right?

But he is not the downfiled thrower CK is and that, more so than his running ability, is why JH made the swtich. Because the beat downs we took from the Giants and the Vikes proved that we struggled overcoming deficits. When we have to rely on the pass to win games, we struggled for the most part. And Alex Smith's limitations as a passer had a lot to do with it. Not what some rookie was doing across the country in a entirely different circumstance.

But the pistol or read option and how much we use it depends on the opponent. You saw more of it last night because the Packers have a hard time defending it, as we all saw. Its based on the opposition, how much of it is incoperated into the gameplan. Which has been the case all year.

---------- Post added January-13th-2013 at 12:59 PM ----------

He probably signed up that season we beat them 52-7, and never returned after the game..:ols:

Don't flatter yourself. I'm also a member of Colts, Texans, Packers, Seahawks, Dolphins, and Panthers forums. I like talking football outside my own fanbase.

Archived