Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you want the Redskins to draft RG3? Why or why not?

Taylor 36

at this point, id trade for Luck in a heartbeat.

At the time I would have gone for Luck or RG3.

Another somewhat related question: RG3 still had a year of eligibility and could have gone back to school this past year. If he had played his senior season at Baylor and suffered this knee injury in a college bowl game, where would you draft him in April? How would he rank compared to the healthy QBs in this draft?

:ols: Nice!

And, yes, I figured the same exact thing. :yes:

It was blatantly obvious. A no-brainer pick.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 05:49 PM ----------

Assuming he makes a full recovery and is able to continue to play football at a high level.

I don't see any reason not to assume this.

Absolutely, remember watching his bowl game and being torn between hoping we'd get him and just being in awe of what a freak of nature he is. When I woke up to the news we traded up for him (U.K.) I was grinning from ear to ear. Didn't come down for the rest of the day.

I'm gutted about his injury but I have complete faith he'll come back, whenever it may be, and light it up again. The most transcendental player in the game today no doubt.

Did I want them to draft him after they made the trade? Obviously.

Did I want the Skins to make the trade to acquire him, absolutely not. I was largely in favor of drafting a QB where a QB presented value IMO. Examples would have been Cousins or R Wilson. And using our draft resources to build around that QB.

With that being said, RG3, as expected has won over my heart.

But is RG3 + Lirebius better than R Wilson, Morris Claiborne, Cordy Glenn and two first round draft picks? I doubt it.

Assuming he makes a full recovery and is able to continue to play football at a high level.

So much the not being a Negative Nancy thread.

Look, I do my best to not assume anything as it makes an...you know. However, when the world's best surgeon, who has performed this surgery on literally hundreds of athletes, says that he expects Robert to make a full recovery and, knowing his strive for perfection, will most likely be ready to go for the start of the season, there is no need to assume anything. RG3 will be fine and as good as ever. As a matter of fact, with the ACL being redone properly this time, he may be better than ever.

Getting back to the thread, this doesn't take away or change how I felt when we drafted him anyway. His character and athleticism make him one of a kind. I couldn't be happier or more proud having anyone else leading my favorite team.

Did I want them to draft him after they made the trade? Obviously.

Did I want the Skins to make the trade to acquire him, absolutely not. I was largely in favor of drafting a QB where a QB presented value IMO. Examples would have been Cousins or R Wilson. And using our draft resources to build around that QB.

With that being said, RG3, as expected has won over my heart.

But is RG3 + Lirebius better than R Wilson, Morris Claiborne, Cordy Glenn and two first round draft picks? I doubt it.

Pretty much my thoughts. I wasn't happy that we spent so much to acquire any one player.

RG3 is a class individual, so he did win me over. I'm hoping he recovers well. After 3 knee surgeries myslef, I don't expect a full recovery, but if he can get 85-90% of the way back, we will still all be thrilled.

Hail!

I wanted RG3 before the draft.

Now I want Luck. RG is too injury prone. I'd rather have a guy who is going to be there every day.

I think a healthy RG3 trumps Luck though. Unfortunately, RG3 is every bit as injury prone as Micheal Vick

If RG3 learns to go down, this will no longer be an issue. That's a big IF though.

All qbs take hits. Rg3 didn't get hurt on a designed run either time. How will it not be an issue?

1 - All QBs take hits and all QBs get injured for the most part. RG3 hasn't shown that he's more susceptible to be injured inside the pocket.

2 - Though neither play was a designed run, RG3 had the ability to slide/go out of bounds/throw the ball away on both, and chose not to. Does that Ngata hit happen if RG3 slides like QB is taught to instead of going head first? Probably not.

1 - All QBs take hits and all QBs get injured for the most part. RG3 hasn't shown that he's more susceptible to be injured inside the pocket.

2 - Though neither play was a designed run, RG3 had the ability to slide/go out of bounds/throw the ball away on both, and chose not to. Does that Ngata hit happen if RG3 slides like QB is taught to instead of going head first? Probably not.

London Fletcher is 38 and has never torn a knee ligament. He plays linebacker which is very physically demanding

All of the great qbs don't get hurt except for Brady the one year. Manning was never hurt until his neck injury.

We were all making fun of Vick last year for being made of glass. I think at this point even he is healthier than RG3, unfortunately.

London Fletcher is 38 and has never torn a knee ligament. He plays linebacker which is very physically demanding

What does this have to do with anything?

All of the great qbs don't get hurt except for Brady the one year. Manning was never hurt until his neck injury.

Manning was on his fourth next surgery that ultimately almost lead to him retiring and you're telling me he was never hurt? Rodgers was concussed in that loss to the skins a couple years back. Cutler is out constantly. Schaub has been hurt his fair share. Brees has his should surgery. Big Ben and his multiple injuries. The list goes on. QBs get injured.

We were all making fun of Vick last year for being made of glass. I think at this point even he is healthier than RG3, unfortunately.

The difference is RG3 has only tweaked his knee and had a concussion, Vick has had injuries from his head, shoulders, knees and toes. In addition, Vick like RG3 would benefit greatly from going down on his own accord, the play where landry shattered his core comes to mind.

I was one that wanted RGIII specifically even during last regular season. However, this is not what I had in mind. I envisioned Shanny molding him in the vein of Steve Young or John Elway. After the beating he's taking in year 1 I pray we transition to that. He's too damn smart & talented to run him all over the place and have him break down like Mike Vick. This guy can potentially pass as well as anyone in the league. That was always going to be enough for me. Just use that speed for roll outs, scrambling and the occasional designed run.

I want Griffin. I see very few QBs make these kind of throws, which have nothing to do with his level of competition.

Posted on November-4th-2011 11:51 AM

I wanted him then, and I want him now. We DIDN'T pay too much for him. That's the price you pay when you're not in an ideal position to acquire a franchise QB. Do you think Steelers fans are complaining about an injury prone Roethlisberger that has already brought them two Lombardi trophies? Get real, Redskins fans.

Archived