Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you want the Redskins to draft RG3? Why or why not?

Taylor 36

We needed our franchise QB and the only way we were going to get him was to trade up like we did. At the time of the draft I wanted Luck more than RGIII because pocket passers like Luck typically can have careers lasting 10-15 years versus the mobile QB that might only have a 5-7 year career.

Given the way this year played out though and seeing the type of player and leader RGIII is I would not change a thing. We went from divisional bottom dwellers to winning our division, beating the cowgirls twice, and we were on the verge of blowing out Seattle if RGIII hadn't re-injured his knee.

We gave up the 22nd pick in the first round this year, it is not like a top pick. Next year, if we do better, it will be a lower pick. We have seven picks in this draft, one in each round 2 - 7, with an extra 5th rounder for Fat Albert. Next year, we have picks 2 - 7. Following years, we have them all.

We are in great shape with RG3.1.

We gave up the 22nd pick in the first round this year, it is not like a top pick. Next year, if we do better, it will be a lower pick. We have seven picks in this draft, one in each round 2 - 7, with an extra 5th rounder for Fat Albert. Next year, we have picks 2 - 7. Following years, we have them all.

We are in great shape with RG3.1.

Not to mention after the 2013 season, we will have our cap space back.

I knew that we needed a QB but what place would we be selecting in the draft and who would it be? Then on November 19, 2011, my wife and I go out to have dinner and on the TV in front of us is the ending of the Oklahoma / Baylor game. We saw how this young man willed his Baylor Bears to victory, with his scrambling and with his arm!!! I then looked at my wife and said, "We need him babe!!! We have to find a way to get this kid!!!" After that everything fell into place...

When we beat dallas to win the NFC East this year, my wife looked at me and said, "Do you remember when we went to out eat that night and we were watching him on TV and you said we needed him? You were right!!!" I had totally forgotten about that night until she pointed it out...

Thank You Robert and to ALL the 2012 Redskins!!!

Hail To 2013!!! We gotta keep on keeping on!!!

Yes, because the way he threw the ball and then had the possibility to get outside the box if everything collapsed. I really liked him as a pocket passer, but him seemed to move well around in the pocket as well. I thought he gave us the best chance because of our OL as well. I thought he was the whole package after watching all the highlights between all the QB's. In addition to his god given athletic ability he graduated early, great family etc... he seemed like a big time leader and had smarts smarts smarts written all over him

Been a believer since the Oklahoma Baylor game as well. Kid is going to come back next year with a vengeance. He will be DEADLY from the pocket next year. He only struggled with accuracy this year after the knee injury because he was unable to plant and drive the ball. We are going to make some serious noise next season. Can't wait.

No, I did not. I thought he would probably not be as good as he turned out to be, and furthermore I thought that even if he was great, the best possible case scenario was that he played just well enough to justify the three first round picks and one second round pick we spent on him. I still think that spending what we did on RG3 was the equivalent of buying a $5 ticket to a lottery where the top prize is $6.

Even though RG3 played lights out for most of his first 13 games, he is now, thanks to Shanny and Danny, worth less than what we paid for him. What NFL GM would trade so many high picks for a QB who has had his knee repaired twice in three years? No matter how explosive he is, you simply can't count on him lasting long enough to justify that price.

Notice that Kaepernick and Wilson, who are not as good as RG3 but are pretty close (and, unlike him, have playoff wins), were 36th and 75th picks, respectively.

We needed our franchise QB and the only way we were going to get him was to trade up like we did.

If you look at the three franchise QBs left in the playoffs right now, none of them were drafted in the first round. So it's entirely possible to get a franchise QB without trading your future away.

Ironically, the fourth QB, Joe Flacco, was drafted in the first round (18th overall), but he's nothing special.

If you look at the three franchise QBs left in the playoffs right now, none of them were drafted in the first round. So it's entirely possible to get a franchise QB without trading your future away.

Ironically, the fourth QB, Joe Flacco, was drafted in the first round (18th overall), but he's nothing special.

i guess that has been so easy for the redskins to do right lol!

Matt Ryan was the third pick in the draft.

Yeah, it's almost like our GM for the last 14 years has been Matt Millen's retarded younger brother...

but do you realize what we did this year? We literally got a QB that will win games on his own no matter what is around him now. We won 10 games with a bad offensive line, no possession receiver, a bottom 5 defense? The other teams left are better overall teams and won 1 or 2 games more than a rookie QB

Archived