Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were there any disappointments in our 2012 draft?

Bacon

Bleacher Report recently posted an article that sought to pick a most disappointing player from each team's 2012 draft. However, the author managed to find NOTHING disappointing about our class, one of three teams with that distinction (along with the Seahawks and the uh Jets):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1472568-the-most-disappointing-rookie-on-every-nfl-team/page/33

It was a truly awesome draft, but if you had to choose a player from that batch for the sake of this article, who would you go with? To be honest, I'm having a tough time with this myself, since I don't expect a great deal of immediate production from anyone after round 3 or so, and while LeRibeus hasn't seen the field much, he's done fine for the limited time he's had.

....wow. oh my goodness. i actually can not for the love of me find a player that we drafted last year that disappointed this season. i dont know why thats funny....but it just is.

Because of how badly we've been burned, not only by the Draft, but by FA, in the past.

This is different, but it's incredible.

At this point I don't think there's anyone who's really been a disappointment. The closest thing from the class so far has been LeRibeus probably, but it was his first year, so we can't really hold him not becoming a starter against him.

We should look at this class again in a couple years, probably year 3. Hopefully by then LeRibeus is a starter, and Gettis and Compton are starters or very solid backups, Robinson is our starting ILB, Crawford and Minnifield are solid starting CBs, and Bernstine is a starter or solid backup. And of course, Griffin and Morris keep tearing it up. And if we do things right, by year 3 we will have flipped Cousins for a high pick or a player.

However, in all probability, someone will disappoint us from the class, but we can't be sure who yet.

I mean, looking at it from a fan perspective... We saw/heard very little from Gettis this year. If I had to pick a most disappointing, it would be him. Although, it's probably not a fair assessment, because we have NO idea what he did in practice. For all we know he was doing great.

An interesting thought, in retrospect - take Wilson in the 3rd and Cousins in the 4th. Keep the first and second rounders, trade down the 1st, pick up quality RT, FS, CB. Keep the 2013-14 first round picks...

I'm sure no one expected Russell to have the type of season he had, although I think Seahawks really benefited from their defense. I think Russell benefitted from Lynch and I think Russell won't have as much success as RG3.

I'm sure no one expected Russell to have the type of season he had, although I think Seahawks really benefited from their defense. I think Russell benefitted from Lynch and I think Russell won't have as much success as RG3.

No, probably not. But the question isn't whether RG3 will be better; it's whether he'll be 3 first round picks better.

No, probably not. But the question isn't whether RG3 will be better; it's whether he'll be 3 first round picks better.

Wilson had a lot of designed roll outs. He was new player (as was RG3), but RG3 didn't have the defensive help Wilson had and I truly think Wilson won't improve or have as much sustainment as RG3. I guess, first and foremost, RG3's biggest concern is the obvious rehab this offseason that will set him back or at least prevent him from possibly improving or growing in the offense.

I was really looking forward to next season if he had a healthy offseason and seeing an expansion of the offense for more passing plays. The read-option is something that can be run over and over, so it was perfect for a first year QB, but more complex plays are coming out of necessity as teams adjust to defend the scheme.

He's not injured however, and seems to be less reckless with himself. I just do not like this Pistol style offense. It's fun to watch but isn't this the first year they have actually used the Pistol in the NFL? If so how long before the DC figure out how to stop it. Or before QB's start dropping like flies.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 10:44 AM ----------

He looked promising IMO.

THis guy is nuts. I think he would have bitten that dude's ear off that Trent ***** slapped. Josh L.

Archived