Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were there any disappointments in our 2012 draft?

Bacon

If you get a Pro Bowl (or -worthy) QB and RB, starters at G, CB, S, and ILB, quality depth at G and OT, and a great backup QB, that should be one of the top-10 drafts of all time. In fact, given that the draft is now only 7 rounds (v. 14-ish in the 70's), it's fair to include UDFAs, which could garner us at least another solid CB.

I repeat, we have yet to see the full potential of any of the players not named Griffin III or Morris--which I why I didn't mention them in my post. It is too early to grade every player from the 2012 draft. Give it a few seasons, and it will be as easy as judging the 2010 draft--which got us Silverback, Riley, and Carriker(5th round trade), but nothing else.

lets see...

RG3 - above expectations, get well soon

Leribeus - i thought he played well in spot duty... even if he never beats out Lich, i love him as depth

Cousins - honestly, offense didnt miss a beat when he came in.. obviously when teams get more film on him, things might get harder but he may have exceeded expectations more than any rookie

Keenan - i thought he played well... i need a bigger sample.

Gettis - this is the guy i wanted to see, im glad i wasnt forced to see him due to injuries... he made the team so for now ill call it a wait and see

Morris - BEAST MODE

Compton - not enough for me to say, not calling it a disappointment but not calling it a success either

Crawford - dude has ball skills, i wanted to see him more throughout the year.. definitely not a disappointment considering where we got him, and was a huge part of 2 wins

Bernstein - thought he looked good in preseason, i give him an incomplete due to injuries.

all in all i LOVED this draft class, if you look at teams who are consistent, look at their drafts and see how many contributors they have.

great link is www.drafthistory.com

Honestly we had the benefit of 2 first round picks this year. Morris obviously played to that level.

That's a great point Murph, I wonder how many teams would give up a first round pick for a RB of Morris' caliber. Just to be clear, I am NOT suggesting any type of trade, but wondering if we really gained the value of one of those lost 1st rounders back by hitting a homerun with the AlMo pick.

That's a great point Murph, I wonder how many teams would give up a first round pick for a RB of Morris' caliber. Just to be clear, I am NOT suggesting any type of trade, but wondering if we really gained the value of one of those lost 1st rounders back by hitting a homerun with the AlMo pick.

as long as Griff comes back healthy, we didn't lose a first rounder this year. We got first round value out of Morris and you never know what this years class holds.

I think Bernstine will amount to do nothing for us, just judging by his twitter

Super nice guy, moved to an area where he knows nobody, done with the hardest part of his rehab, now in a familiar situation, young guy, wanting to find some friends to hang out with in the area.

(This was said to me by him, in person, at my bar)

Once again, super nice guy, respectful and polite.

Bleacher Report is like the National Enquirer of sports websites. I know it's a bunch of crap but I just can't help myself from going through those slideshows.....

I'm good friends with the CEO of BR. They saw a niche and a means for providing massive amounts of sports related content, and they filled it.

Now he's really rich and he didn't cut me in on it. :(:ols:

I'm good friends with the CEO of BR. They saw a niche and a means for providing massive amounts of sports related content, and they filled it.

And Predicto has filled his yearly quota of stadium posts... Bravo!!! :ols:

Don't get me wrong, I love reading it. I just seem to see people trash on it a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading it. I just seem to see people trash on it a bit.

Well, that's because a lot of it is junk. It's mostly written by guys like you and me, not professional sports writers.

On the other hand, nobody forces you to read it, and as far as I'm concerned, more content is always better.

---------- Post added January-11th-2013 at 02:45 PM ----------

And Predicto has filled his yearly quota of stadium posts... Bravo!!! :ols:

LOL.

If Tailgate posts counted, I'd have a Sammy Baugh logo :cry:

I actually think that's pretty cool (being buddies with such a fellow).

I think most of the knocks on BR are fine, while seeing much value in their site at the same time. As a business, I think it's very well done and doesn't posture about itself or actively try to be hurtful or malicious or even a serious "nuisance factor." That said, I admit most of my connection to it is through linked articles on ES, so I am speaking from a relatively limited view.

---------- Post added January-11th-2013 at 12:50 PM ----------

If Tailgate posts counted, I'd have a Sammy Baugh logo :cry:

One of my many boyhood heroes was F. Lee Bailey (I considered being a lawyer in my late teens and early 20's before my first career took serious root). I have often thought of getting a pic of him for your avatar. :)

For all I know you can't stand him. :ols:

Which would be fine, too. :evilg:

I actually think that's pretty cool (being buddies with such a fellow).

I think most of the knocks on BR are fine, while seeing much value in their site at the same time. As a business, I think it's very well done and doesn't posture about itself or actively try to be hurtful or malicious or even a serious "nuisance factor." That said, I admit most of my connection to it is through linked articles on ES, so I am speaking from a relatively limited view.

---------- Post added January-11th-2013 at 12:50 PM ----------

One of my many boyhood heroes was F. Lee Bailey (I considered being a lawyer in my late teens and early 20's before my first career took serious root). I have often thought of getting a pic of him for your avatar. :)

For all I know you can't stand him. :ols:

Which would be fine, too. :evilg:

How about Edward Bennett Williams? He was the most important attorney in Washington, he owned the Skins, he was by all accounts a pretty awesome dude, and taught criminal procedure to my dad (a true Skins fan) at Georgetown Law in the early 1950s.

Pretty please?

This draft has the potential of being THE greatest of all times. What if RGIII and Morris (great kids, great work ethic) become HOF players. What if Cousins is traded to another team and he has a great career? Then you have the potential of several starters from this draft.

Every draft technically has that "potential." Even so I think you should brush up on some of the top draft classes:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80798fca&template=with-video&confirm=true

Pittsburgh got 4 HOF players in a single draft in 74. That's hard to top. Even our 81 draft is a high standard.

Archived