Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fix the Darn Field Snyder

Frediemac

People don't realize having a ****ty field was our home field advantage. This is the first time we were any good. We slowed games down big time because of this. How many close games were we in? Do people realize the field is also another reason why we go through so many Field goal kickers!

Because we have been soooo great at home right? The field has been crap for years it has nothing to do this years success.

My theory is this: We knew RG3 wasn't breaking off a long run, and we know alfred doesn't have the best top speed. We know that marshawn is a home run threat (at least more so than alfred) and at that point, wilson was a greater threat than griffin. I think they let the field get that way so we would have a better shot.

He could have at least written "naggers" to emulate South Park.

You know the funny thing is, it's not acceptable but I'm laughing at the brazenness of it. Don't use that word, at least if you used the "-a" it would give us a clue that you are speaking slang.

Wow, that would've gotten "the look", from all of us, if it had been said out loud. Maybe worse.

Get a grip. We're in 2013, and most of us don't give a damn what color (or background) a person comes from. We believe in honest integrity, and whoever demonstrates that with a steady grip on life is who we want on our team. Hood, projects, or gated community...some of us believe in equal opportunity for all. And Robert is every one of those things. He is an honest person(haven't heard otherwise, would surely be news if untrue), has integrity(wants to be a lawyer so everyone is under equal justice)and a steady grip on life...knows not to be consumed by materials, they can vanish in an instant.

End rant.

HAIL!!!!!!!!!!

They were saying it was basically painted dirt and sand, not even grass.

Wait until you see Candlestick this weekend. Candlestick will make Fedex look like it's Augusta.

Though I'm sure they scrambled fast and cleaned it up after the bad press Fedex has gotten over the conditions Sunday.

My final thoughts on the field at FedEx

Not a fact, but football players prefer real, HEALTHY, green grass. It allows you to dig in and make cuts and do your job without the abuse on your joints. Playing in the elements is also a more natural thing rather than a pool of standing water. The key word is HEALTHY. Real grass is not dirt, or sand, painted.

The problem with FedEx is the maintenance cuts that took place, and the abuse the field sees outside of Redskins games. The team can put in new grass easily, but it will end up back to dirt and sand if they do not change procedure. Maybe they want to consider a hybrid field that will hold up to the amount of use the current field sees, but a new field will simply not cut it long term.

I did enjoy seeing A. Morris have a stellar year on the grass, also the grass was not a problem for Lynch to cut on as he juked out several defenders this past weekend, the grass being grass or dirt is not a problem for a downhill runner, but for a shifty passing game like our read option, it can bite you in the butt

I've often wondered if Snyder is what we call asset rich but cash poor...meaning most of his $ 1 billion net worth is tied to the value of the Redskins franchise. Reason why I say this is because the stadium and practice facility were both built by Jack Kent Cooke and haven't had much improvements on them in years. The practice facility looks shabby with a parking lot needing repaving for years and the grounds around it are poorly maintained. Maybe Snyder has no problem spending for players but is cheap when it comes to things like spending on a state of the art playing surface at FedEx. I even recall being at the Paul McCartney concert at FedEx several years ago and none of the bathrooms worked. Even the practice bubble which was desperately needed was built the economical way rather than with more permanent construction. RG3's indoor practice field down at Baylor was better built. Want to see a nice facility google the Jets at Florham Park facility. FWIW

Kevin Sheehan just announced on Espn 980 that Fed-ex will not get field turf and will remain grass. Source Doc Walker

Did he say anything about changing the type of grass... the amount of usage... or technology for maintenance during the season between games?

Did he say anything about changing the type of grass... the amount of usage... or technology for maintenance during the season between games?

I hope they go to those grow lights like they use in some European soccer stadiums. Lets them grow year round. Expensive, but supposed to be nice. The Seattle Mariners have started using it too.

Link

mlr1.jpg

Archived