Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unofficial NFL Wild Card Weekend Thread

Mr. Sinister

not really. It just took them putting the QBs out there that they put out there. Look at us last year. We could have easily won more games if we weren't averaging 2 pics a week with Rex. Who's playing QB makes a lot of difference and the fact that they had the equivalent of John Beck taking snaps all but set them up for Luck.

I see what you and skinsfan are saying, I just feel like if you're going to tank for the #1 pick you have to be all in, you can't "sort-of" tank by just putting a terrible QB there because that far from guarantees a loss. Plus, you have to out-suck all the other sucky teams in the entire NFL, which, ironically, would be hard to do, while still giving the appearance of trying to win.

The Colts weren't tanking last year. They were 0-13. Then beat Tennesse 27-13. Beat Houston 19-16 the next week. And nearly BLEW getting the #1 pick the final week (lost 19-13 to Jacksonsville).

Another good point.

HAHAHA, just posted by LL56 on twitter,

713960282.jpg?key=470470&Expires=1357502085&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=mPolAfOncfn-38XgyooR7CcofKMPhXq~WT94ToCYmpGwfV9kKO~2o~4AIHv1XIrenvtPdynkCl98G6jyd9cZVpiDm0PQ~6NOF3~~9EfdXa-2NwcFmld-u-hrjsXF515N0sb6doFF56oSHX4l~LbjP3YI3tvNu9TX93G2ZvbwT~U_

Anyone else legitimately think that the Colts intentionally tanked last year to get Luck, knowing Peyton's career was winding down? I know they've added some other players this year but there's no way Luck takes them from 2 to 11 wins. More like the Colts 10 win team from the year before started playing football again.

They completely overhauled their roster. I believe one of the announcers said they had 30+ new players on the team. That is pretty significant turnover.

All I have heard all season is that Luck has "less to work with" but I don't think that is necessarily true. Their defense has been better than the 'Skins defense most of the season. Often giving Luck chance after chance to make up for his mistakes. If RGIII threw 2-3 picks, no way the 'Skins would win the game. They have held Ravens to 10 points so far....welp, make that 17.....but still, the Colts defense has been perfectly acceptable in this Wildcard game for a better QB to come into their house and take advantage.

Archived