Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter Twitter: Chip Kelly to remain at Oregon.

CRobi21

Yeah, I think he sees two years max, unless he changes his coaching style/philosophy to help maximize his players skillsets.

Which is what's most likely to happen. This guy is not stupid, and he's a much harder worker then spurrier was. People talk about his offense not working in the NFL, it already is. Look at DC, Seattle, look at what Brady is doing with the no-huddle. Browns played hard this year, so if he can max that talent he's in a division he can pull it off. Seriously, the best team in the AFC North right now is the Bengals, that's way different then going to Philly in the NFC East or Arizona in NFC West.

I will NEVER get over them taking a 29 year old QB in the 1st round. Blows my mind to this day

All those morons had to do was, even to HEDGE their bets, trade DOWN (I think Richardson is a waste of a first round pick, he'd have to turn into AP to make it worthwhile), pick up Wilson and Cousins and use the additional picks they got to begin the foundation. But I have a hard time believing that Wilson AND COusins would have flopped.

All those morons had to do was, even to HEDGE their bets, trade DOWN (I think Richardson is a waste of a first round pick, he'd have to turn into AP to make it worthwhile), pick up Wilson and Cousins and use the additional picks they got to begin the foundation. But I have a hard time believing that Wilson AND COusins would have flopped.

Why is Trent a waste of a first round pick?

Why is Trent a waste of a first round pick?

He's a waste of a HIGH first round pick, I should have clarified. Remember, they traded BACK up to get him. There are few positions worth high first round picks anymore. Defensive linemen, offensive tackles, quarterbacks, the rare Sean Taylor type safety (and most of the best nowadays just weren't picked that high) and elite wideouts and corners. Running backs, Adrian Peterson aside, are not worth that high a draft pick. AP was talented enough to play in the NFL coming out of high school. Few guys are on that level. Trent Richardson has talent, certainly, but he's no AP coming out and that's essentially where he was picked.

He's a waste of a HIGH first round pick, I should have clarified. Remember, they traded BACK up to get him. There are few positions worth high first round picks anymore. Defensive linemen, offensive tackles, quarterbacks, the rare Sean Taylor type safety (and most of the best nowadays just weren't picked that high) and elite wideouts and corners. Running backs, Adrian Peterson aside, are not worth that high a draft pick. AP was talented enough to play in the NFL coming out of high school. Few guys are on that level. Trent Richardson has talent, certainly, but he's no AP coming out and that's essentially where he was picked.

Agree, he wasn't a WASTE of a lst rounder per se, but that was damn high for a rb, plus trading UP to get him ...especially considering you can get great value on rb's in rd's 2-5...

That whole franchise is screwed up, top to bottom... Glad we're not like that anymore

I do agree that he is no AP. I also remember being shocked when they traded up to get him. I think a lot is to be said about the shambles Cleveland has been in. They used the picks from Atlanta when they drafted Julio to pick up Greg Little and Brandon Weeden. Then gave away a 4, 5, and 7 to skip one spot ahead of Minnesota to pick up Trent. When you can rush for 1000 yards and 11 TDs while missing a game and playing for the BROWNS then you have to be special. ;)

Only time will tell if he was worth the #3 pick. If I had to guess now I think he will be closer to AP than he will to Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russel. Ideally you would trade down and still get him, plus some picks but this is the Browns. At least they didn't miss the pick and have someone steal someone like Jimmy Smith from them again.

Archived