Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter Twitter: Chip Kelly to remain at Oregon.

CRobi21

is this fact? Have a link? I love Kelly (UO graduate)' date=' but hate the Eagles, of course. Ugh.[/quote']

I don't think that it will have much of an effect on the Eagles.

He has loads of players at Oregon, so he has good depth and can rotate players, which allows him to run as high a tempo an offense as he does. He can't do that at the pro level, so most of his super-speed philosophy can't translate.

Any chance he'd want Vick to stay?

As a Redskins fan I sure hope so - but I think those bridges have been burned and the contrast he has makes it almost unthinkable they keep him unless he takes a big pay cut which Vick said he was not willing to do. I really think the Eagles will want to move on.

If Kelly does go the Eagles I think he will adjust his scheme to fit around what he has which is Foles. Meanwhile he will look for a longer term answer is a QB who fits what he would really like to do on offense.

I'm probably dead wrong, but I'm going to say Jimmah Johnson.

Sorry man. You are dead wrong...because you're dead right. Jiminy Johnson it is. And what is that? Almost 20 years ago? Just goes to show how unforgiving the NFL is.

And the same is largely true with the NBA and basketball. Couldn't even begin to guess the NCAA-only coach who went on to win a title in the NBA. Larry Brown maybe? But he'd already been bouncing around the league for decades by the time he finally won it with the Pistons.

How much do college coaches get paid? Is it on part with what they'd get in the NFL?

You are wrong, but I'm not sure either, but I know Johnson set up Barry Switzer to win Super Bowl XXX with the Cowboys back in '95-'96.

Hmmm, didn't think of Switzer. Anyway, I heard that fact somewhere from someone these past few days. Really can't recall who but it was someone with authority and whose opinion and knowledge is respected (i'm thinking Billick or Collinsworth--someone like that). He definitely said it was Johnson.

Did Switzer ever spend time in the NFL before Oklahoma or whatever? Or maybe dude just wasnt counting him since all he did was inherit a team and stay out of the way.

Hmmm, didn't think of Switzer. Anyway, I heard that fact somewhere from someone these past few days. Really can't recall who but it was someone with authority and whose opinion and knowledge is respected (i'm thinking Billick or Collinsworth--someone like that). He definitely said it was Johnson.

Did Switzer ever spend time in the NFL before Oklahoma or whatever? Or maybe dude just wasnt counting him since all he did was inherit a team and stay out of the way.

No the Cowboys was his only pro gig.

1961–1965 Arkansas (assistant)

1966–1972 Oklahoma (assistant)

1973–1988 Oklahoma

1994–1997 Dallas Cowboys

Was anyone here concerned even a little bit he would land in Philly? I was.... he's at the very least an extremely intelligent football mind, and who knows what he would have been able to do if he landed in the NFC East.

Archived