Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Tim Tebow QUIT on his Jets teammates today

AsiaticSkinsFan

The guy loves the media attention and had no problem with jumping over Brady Quinn last season when he was the #2 QB. That doesn't mean he's an egomaniac

The guy had no problem with the fans wanting him to start over Kyle Orton, even when he was asked about it.Neither does that

The guy is in a lot of commercials despite not doing anything in the NFL to show he is deserved of the commercials.Or this. This just means he's capable as a spokesperson.

The guy just refused to play in wildcat situations that would have helped his team because he thinks he should be starting over someone that has outperformed him in practice all year.Do you have proof that he was outperformed, or is that just speculation?

If I said all of this but instead said Cam Newton did this or even a Blaine Gabbert, you guys would be calling him arrogant and an egomaniac. Why give Tebow the pass?

I don't know if he's an egomaniac. Maybe he's a great guy.

I do know that if Rex Grossman had walked out on the Redskins after they promoted Cousins to the second string, despite the fact that Grossman was signed as the backup and despite the fact that Grossman has experience leading a team to a Superbowl, I'd think Grossman was a big ol' butt.

The Jets are a big fat joke right now, and maybe Tebow has just had enough. Even so, the season is two weeks from being over. You'd think the guy could grin and bear it for two freaking weeks more before asking for a trade or something. If he really has just up and refused to play ... that does not reflect well on him.

I don't know if he's an egomaniac. Maybe he's a great guy.

I do know that if Rex Grossman had walked out on the Redskins after they promoted Cousins to the second string, despite the fact that Grossman was signed as the backup and despite the fact that Grossman has experience leading a team to a Superbowl, I'd think Grossman was a big ol' butt.

The Jets are a big fat joke right now, and maybe Tebow has just had enough. Even so, the season is two weeks from being over. You'd think the guy could grin and bear it for two freaking weeks more before asking for a trade or something. If he really has just up and refused to play ... that does not reflect well on him.

you are nicer than me, lol.

I dont have any time for what Tebow does. And the Rex Grossma comparison is very apt, and I could see Rex's side more because he has at least QB'd a team to the Super Bowl.:ols:

Do you realize that our own Robert Griffin III had Subway, Gatorade, Adidas, commercials going before he had ever taken a regular season snap?:ols:

You chose one thing to compare RG3 and Tebow. :ols:

You have to do better, there is a lot more to this than just that.

I do think RG3 has a big ego and is ****y as hell. But he is an excellent QB so he can be that way.

you are nicer than me, lol.

I dont have any time for what Tebow does. And the Rex Grossma comparison is very apt, and I could see Rex's side more because he has at least QB'd a team to the Super Bowl.:ols:

You chose one thing to compare RG3 and Tebow. :ols:

You have to do better, there is a lot more to this than just that.

I do think RG3 has a big ego and is ****y as hell. But he is an excellent QB so he can be that way.

I wasn't comparing Tebow to RG3, as far as egos go (not sure how you came to that conclusion). I was just taking one of your hatred-fueled Tebow comments and using it against you. In other words, you can't have it both ways. You obviously had forgotten about Griffin III doing those earlier commercials before he had ever accomplished anything.

The Jets finally woke up and realized that they ****ed up, bringing in a dude who can't throw accurately enough to run their offense...

But enough about Sanchez.

Honestly, at this point I'm shocked that the entire team hasn't come out already and said "Yeah, **** it. We're not even dressing next week. Good job Bills, you get a freebie." They have the worst starting QB in the NFL, the worst starting RB in the NFL, and it turns out one of the worst D's in the NFL without Revis. This isn't going to be like Philly playing hard for pride for themselves and their presumed-fired HC of a decade and a half in Andy Reid. This is a team that went to back-to-back AFCCG in the last 3 years and their HC is gone because he's a loudmouth who can't shut up even when his team sucks.

But yeah, Tebow's a blowhard, and he's the reason the Jets suck this year. I said it before and I'll say it again: if Tebow-mania puts too much pressure on Sanchez, then Sanchez is a ****ty QB.

I don't see how this is a big deal. That team quit on him when they anonymously destroyed him to the media, quit on the team themselves, and was lied to about his role with the team by the coaching staff. He owes them nothing. If Tebow had gone to the media to talk about how terrible the receivers are, or how the offensive line sucks, or how Rex Ryan is a blowhard, he'd be vilified. But this happened to him, and apparently that's not as important as him going out there to run the meaningless wildcat offense that hasn't been effective at all this season because defenses know it isn't a TRUE wildcat because Tebow isn't ALLOWED TO THROW.

I don't see how this is a big deal. That team quit on him when they anonymously destroyed him to the media, quit on the team themselves, and was lied to about his role with the team by the coaching staff. He owes them nothing. If Tebow had gone to the media to talk about how terrible the receivers are, or how the offensive line sucks, or how Rex Ryan is a blowhard, he'd be vilified. But this happened to him, and apparently that's not as important as him going out there to run the meaningless wildcat offense that hasn't been effective at all this season because defenses know it isn't a TRUE wildcat because Tebow isn't ALLOWED TO THROW.

It's not like it was a staple of their offense either. They had run it 20 times all season.

I wasn't comparing Tebow to RG3, as far as egos go (not sure how you came to that conclusion). I was just taking one of your hatred-fueled Tebow comments and using it against you. In other words, you can't have it both ways. You obviously had forgotten about Griffin III doing those earlier commercials before he had ever accomplished anything.

There is no hatred fueled comments about Tebow. The guy has a HUGE EGO to the point that I think he is an egomaniac, but I dont hate Tim Tebow. I wish for him to do well, but I know its impossible for him to be good as a QB because he cannot throw a football with any consistency.

And I didnt forget, in the post you are quoting, I said that I think RG3 has a big ego. Ive said it on this thread many times before. I dont care if you have a big ego if you can back it up. Tebow cant, RG3 can. I dont know what you are fishing for here, but you can do better.

Sure you do. And your many posts in this thread prove it. You are obsessed with him. You just want to see him fail.

nah, I dont like seeing anyone fail. I dont hate Tebow, but I know he cant play QB in the NFL

What I do like is seeing people like you get upset over him sucking and exposing your own hypocrisies to defend him.

The whole thing is a mess but I agree with the TS to an extent. If any other QB had the media reporting in week 14 where they would be playing next year (Mortenson saying its a virtual lock he goes to JAX) and then the next week the player refuses to play, they would get massacred.
That's just it, the media is reporting it. Tim Tebow has said nothing. The media has some weird fascination with the guy. Everyone wants to blame Tebow, when he has nothing to do with this.

As much as I can't stand the Jets and how they have used Tim Tebow this season. TT isn't the coach or owner and it isn't up to him whether he is used in the wildcat formations or not. This doesn't make him look good. That being said, I think he should seriously look at a change of positions and a possible switch to TE.

You got to understand, you're dealing with a guy here that defended Cam Newton's diva-like ways and also thought it was perfectly ok for Josh Brent to be on Dallas' sidelines last week. This guy is always trying to stir things up.

Bottom line, Tebow deserved a chance to start and wasn't afforded the opportunity to do so. It's a ****ing joke how bad he was misled/mistreated by the Jets. Especially Rex Ryan.

Defending Newton diva ways??? When someone quit on their team what do you call them? Are you able to attend Jets practices or did you know the Jets were less productive with Tebow on the field. How does he deserve a chance to start if you are not at the weekly practices to evaluate his play and compare it to Sanchez and McIlroy.

Tim Tebow is a sucker. Plain and simple. What little respect he probably had in the locker room is probably gone. This bamma had nothing to say when he went from 3rd QB to starter in Denver, now that the shoe is on the other foot, he gives up on his squad? That's some straight up pie ****.

Everyone with 1/2 a brain knows why he'll be in Jacksonville. They need butts in the seats in their stadium. There is no one better to create buzz than a Florida "legend" in Tim Tebow. They're not getting him for his QB skills - or lack there of. It's a PR ploy. However, I'm willing to guarantee that this will be his last stop in the NFL. Tim Tebow's time is close to being up in the pros.

No worries for him tho...he's going to be wildly successful as a motivational speaker when his playing days are over.

I remember Kahn ruffling feathers during the offseason about "Glamour Owners" like Snyder and Jerruh, trying to buy Super Bowls. This isn't the same thing, as I don't think Tebow should even be an NFL quarterback, but pretty much everyone knows that the only reason he's bringing in Tebow is for marketing reasons. To make headlines, and to increase ticket sales. The fact that he's being brought in for an "Open competition" is completely and utterly laughable.

Kahn wants attention. What he doesn't realize is that he owns the ****ing Jacksonville Jaguars, far from the Big Apple. No one is going to care about what Tebow does, except for delusional Gator/Jaguar fans.

This whole Tebow thing and Newton thing are two different people and two different situations.

Damn, even Stephen A is sticking up for Tebow and ripping into the Jets organization. He lives up there and works with people that cover the Jets extensively, I'll take his word.

Tim Tebow is a sucker. Plain and simple. What little respect he probably had in the locker room is probably gone. This bamma had nothing to say when he went from 3rd QB to starter in Denver, now that the shoe is on the other foot, he gives up on his squad? That's some straight up pie ****.

He had the balls to finally say enough is enough. Being placed over Brady Quinn wasn't his call (it's not like he demanded that he start), it was Denver's call, because they were so anxious to put his suckage on display for the world to see, and it backfired on them. No sane person in the world would ever turn down a promotional opportunity. Why should Tebow be any different? And I don't think he should give two ****s about what that joke of a locker room thinks. He took a stand. He didn't go along with the BS dog and pony show.

Archived