Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Tim Tebow QUIT on his Jets teammates today

AsiaticSkinsFan

Boo hoo I do not want to play wild cat I wanna play quarterback and I got picked last....again! :( cry me a river dude. You are nothing more than a gadget trick player. You are not a "winner" like they proclaim you to be, and you definitly are not a PRO QB! Go to the Jags and enjoy everyone bowing down to you and stay irrelevant and out of the news.

no, Tim Tebow is an egomaniac and is one of the biggest in the NFL. Its why Elway shipped him out after they got Peyton.

That is some extreme hyperbole there. Elway shipped him out because he knew that after leading the team to the playoffs he wouldn't want to play second fiddle to Peyton Manning for the length of his contract. Perfectly logical all around.

Tebow isn't a good QB but he's got a good attitude and can rally a team. I hope he's in the NFL for years, though perhaps not as a QB.

He had the balls to finally say enough is enough. Being placed over Brady Quinn wasn't his call (it's not like he demanded that he start), it was Denver's call, because they were so anxious to put his suckage on display for the world to see, and it backfired on them. No sane person in the world would ever turn down a promotional opportunity. Why should Tebow be any different? And I don't think he should give two ****s about what that joke of a locker room thinks. He took a stand. He didn't go along with the BS dog and pony show.

Bomani Jones sums it up better than I ever could:

Of course Tim Tebow felt entitled to tell Rex Ryan he wouldn't run the Wildcat. While Cam Newton was at Florida, Tebow wasn't the most talented quarterback on campus. After winning the Heisman Trophy, according to sources, he was outperformed by Newton in both practice and the ‘08 Spring game, yet Tebow (understandably) remained the starter. Newton was promised an opportunity to start in ‘08, but he never had a real chance given Urban Meyer's affection and preference for Tebow. At Senior Bowl practices in 2010, Tebow was so bad at taking snaps that shotgun elements from the Florida offense were added for him. That's right -- his college offense was incorporated at the NFL's biggest job fair, one at which Tebow needed to show he could play a more conventional style of football.

Tebow was then drafted in the first round, in spite of the fact he simply cannot throw the football. In 2011, he went from third-string to starter, leapfrogging backup Brady Quinn. And he became a phenomenon as Denver approached the playoffs. His obvious shortcomings were replaced by euphemisms masked as "intangibles," even though multiple opponents privately referred to him, unequivocally, as the worst quarterback they'd ever seen. He arrived in New York with much fanfare, but proved himself incapable of displacing Mark Sanchez or holding off Greg McElroy. But, apparently, he thought he should have been the starter anyway.

Why? We won't know for sure unless Tebow discusses this on the record (ha!). But given the way Tebow has been treated by his teams and even the NFL, why wouldn't he think he was entitled to a chance to start? He's supposed to be beneficiary of broken promises and depth-chart gymnastics. He's been coddled since he got to Florida, and he expected that coddling to continue forever. If things don't go Tim Tebow's way, apparently, he won't go at all. Based on what's happened the last five years, there was no reason for him to think anything else.

(Oh, and in spite of all of this, there might be a job waiting on him next season.)

Rest of Article in Link

Rest of Article in Link

I agree with that article 100 %. I think he sucks as a quarterback, and I think there have been way too many excuses made for him, to the point of nausea, because of what he did in college, throwing to wide open receivers. There have been a ton of competitive, winning, determined players, who could never dream of being given as many chances as Tebow has, but because of his "Aura," it tended to be disregarded by most people, even qualified NFL coaches.

My whole point is that if something was promised to him (whether it should've been or not), and he did everything in his limited power to play/practice as hard as he could, and was disrespected by a joke locker room (who were too worried about him instead of fixing their own issues apparently), even though I'm sure he did nothing malicious to warrant that, when the time came for him to get a shot when Sanchez was sucking it up (and he gets passed over), as a man, he has every right as a man to say "Okay , I'm done with this ****". It won't look good, and he'll make enemies, but I applaud him for that. I applaud anyone for that. If Cam Newton was in this same exact situation, I'd be applauding him as well.

Rest of Article in Link

entitled is the right word for him.

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 11:45 AM ----------

That is some extreme hyperbole there. Elway shipped him out because he knew that after leading the team to the playoffs he wouldn't want to play second fiddle to Peyton Manning for the length of his contract. Perfectly logical all around.

Tebow isn't a good QB but he's got a good attitude and can rally a team. I hope he's in the NFL for years, though perhaps not as a QB.

sounds like a guy who has a very high opinion of himself. A bit of an ego, a rather large ego. Some delusions of grandeur.

I dont see how anyone can say he has a good attitude after Tebow quit on his team yesterday. I dont get it, lol.

I agree with that article 100 %. I think he sucks as a quarterback, and I think there have been way too many excuses made for him, to the point of nausea, because of what he did in college, throwing to wide open receivers. There have been a ton of competitive, winning, determined players, who could never dream of being given as many chances as Tebow has, but because of his "Aura," it tended to be disregarded by most people, even qualified NFL coaches.

My whole point is that if something was promised to him (whether it should've been or not), and he did everything in his limited power to play/practice as hard as he could, and was disrespected by a joke locker room (who were too worried about him instead of fixing their own issues apparently), even though I'm sure he did nothing malicious to warrant that, when the time came for him to get a shot when Sanchez was sucking it up (and he gets passed over), as a man, he has every right as a man to say "Okay , I'm done with this ****". It won't look good, and he'll make enemies, but I applaud him for that. I applaud anyone for that. If Cam Newton was in this same exact situation, I'd be applauding him as well.

It was clear that Rex Ryan NEVER wanted him. The dude was brought in by the front office to create buzz. That's about all that Tebow is good for. He has an inflated view of his self-value. Despite all of that, he should have never flat out quit on his team. Like Merrill Hodge was just saying...this dude has ALWAYS said "I'll do what's best for the team." Well, now he quits. Says a lot about him. Obviously, McElroy was the better option to start at QB. If Tebow was any better than McElroy, he would have been under center yesterday. Plain and simple. He had all year to prove himself as a QB in practices etc...he never did that.

I also think people overrate Tebows athleticism. Maybe once he sheds the dumb weight that Ryan wanted him to gain, he'll get a little bit quicker, but I doubt he has the route runnjing/catching/blocking skills to be even comparable to a Niles Paul. Maybe he can be an H-back, but I doubt he wants to take that punishment. If it wasn't for the fact that Kahn is retarded, he would be on his way out of the NFL.

I also think people overrate Tebows athleticism. Maybe once he sheds the dumb weight that Ryan wanted him to gain, he'll get a little bit quicker, but I doubt he has the route runnjing/catching/blocking skills to be even comparable to a Niles Paul. Maybe he can be an H-back, but I doubt he wants to take that punishment. If it wasn't for the fact that Kahn is retarded, he would be on his way out of the NFL.

I really think he's gonna be out of the NFL within 2 years. Maybe the CFL or maybe doing motivational speaking. He's not a good football player at all.

It was clear that Rex Ryan NEVER wanted him. The dude was brought in by the front office to create buzz. That's about all that Tebow is good for. He has an inflated view of his self-value. Despite all of that, he should have never flat out quit on his team. Like Merrill Hodge was just saying...this dude has ALWAYS said "I'll do what's best for the team." Well, now he quits. Says a lot about him. Obviously, McElroy was the better option to start at QB. If Tebow was any better than McElroy, he would have been under center yesterday. Plain and simple. He had all year to prove himself as a QB in practices etc...he never did that.

I agree with all of that. He made himself look very bad and hypocritical yesterday. He should've done that when they came to him with the "Personal PP," "Wildcat QB" nonsense during the summer.

Not unless you post a name, I don' t think.

Dude went HAM on me in the message he sent. Totally counted his chickens before they hatched. LOLOL.

OK...I won't post it...but the gist of the message was that I'm dumb (along w/ a few others on the site) and that Tebow is headed to the HOF.

Dude went HAM on me in the message he sent. Totally counted his chickens before they hatched. LOLOL.

OK...I won't post it...but the gist of the message was that I'm dumb (along w/ a few others on the site) and that Tebow is headed to the HOF.

If you still have it saved in your inbox, do you have Snippet? If so, send me a PM

If you still have it saved in your inbox, do you have Snippet? If so, send me a PM
Wow, I really want to read that now

Sent.

*Mr. Sinister - message got bounced back:

Mr. Sinister has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8776088/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

I told you all this guy was an egomaniac. He has a good heart, but that doesnt mean he doesnt mean he is not an egomaniac. He better be raked over the coals for this action.

Riiight....b/c the fact he was never given a fair shot there makes him an egomaniac...

I do find it very interesting who defends Tebow vs. who defends Cam. I know why, too, let's not bull crap each other here. I just wish those posters would see how transparent they iz. No low is too low for Cam, but Tim Tebow is an egomaniac.

(I don't defend either, by the way, nor do I spend all my time attacking them on these threads.)

Archived