Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Tim Tebow QUIT on his Jets teammates today

AsiaticSkinsFan

Care to explain how you have been able to watch Tebow at the Jets practices?

Dude, you really need to drop the anti-Tebow schtick. It's getting old.

there is no "anti-tebow shtick" :hysterical:

This guy cannot play QB, and you guys want him to play QB. And I havent been able to watch the Jets practices, I do know people who attended some training camp sessions this summer and saw Tebow stink it up. There were articles this summer about Tebow being terrible in training camp. There were reports of Matt Simms outperforming Tebow at training camp.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/boomer-esiasons-memo-to-jets-cut-tim-tebow/

If McElroy was playing poorly in practice, a 7th round pick, dude would be cut. Tebow can suck and he can still make a roster.

I dont understand how you all can judge QBs one way, then judge Tebow another way. Its a joke.

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 02:37 PM ----------

Reading defenses in this league is WAY overrated. It comes down to guessing on many occasions and one would rather be lucky than good.

dawg, no. just no :ols:

And Tebow doesnt get heat for his pro-life position. No one even mentions that anymore, if anything how open he is about his religious views is why he gets the acclaim he has now.

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 02:49 PM ----------

Why trade for a guy you have no intention of playing or giving a fair shot at a job?

REX RYAN DIDNT TRADE FOR HIM!!! Woody Johnson and Tennebaum made the trade and forced that mess onto the Jets.

Tebow always stunk it up in practice. In 2011, Tebow was penciled in as the starter, and the Broncos were all set to trade Orton to Miami. Then they saw Tebow practice, panicked, and kept Orton. Everyone knows the Tebow isn't a "practice" guy. And in any event, during OTA's, minicamps and training camp, reports ere coming out that Mark Sanchez sucked too. So the Jets had two quarterbacks who both sucked in training camp, and then they both sucked during preseason. (Ironically, McElroy was the only Jets QB to lead a touchdown drive in preseason if I recall correctly.)

no, the reports in training camp were that Sanches was out performing Tebow by a lot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mark-sanchez-outshines-tim-tebow-ny-jets-training-camp-practice-article-1.1123186

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/61115/sanchez-outshines-tebow-in-scrimmage

Sanchez was better than Tebow in training camp.

And Tebow has sucked in games too :ols:

I imagine dude looked no better in practice.

You don't trade a fourth round AND sixth round pick, on a team that's full of holes, when you don't have cap space, on a guy you don't plan on playing. The Jets knew what they were getting with Tebow. And they sold him on the fact that he would be given a legitimate shot to play a prominent role on the offense, even if he wasn't the quarterback. He could've gone to Jacksonville and been the starter already, but he went to the Jets because he was told he'd have a solid chance to compete for a starting job.

you do that when you have an idiot owner who thinks he knows football. We have seen that here for many years.

The Jets just wanted to be in the media eye this summer, and they got it with Tebow. Thats all they wanted. And why is it certain that Tebow would beat out Blaine Gabbert or Chad Henne in Jacksonville, lol?

Once the trade happened, the Jets thought they could use Tebow in the Wildcat offense more.... until they realized he couldnt pass the ball at even a decent level.

The Jets not using Tebow has less to do with him not lighting it up in practice and more to do with the fact that they didn't want to deal with the ****storm that would ensure if they benched Sanchez. They didn't want to hurt Sanchez' feelings. The Jets have zero accountability right now; Mark Sanchez was never in any real danger of losing his job.

its probably more to do with his terrible QB play, but I do think they dont want the media storm that follows. Unfortunately its still there as we are seeing since Tebow quit on his teammates this week and has already leaked that he is going elsewhere.

They didn't even use the guy to score touchdowns. Forget Tebow running the Wildcat, screw him ever throwing it; Tim Tebow with goal to go in money, and all he has to do is run the ****ing ball. As far as I can remember, they put Tebow in the game in the game in that situation exactly once.

I agree with this. This is the only talent Tebow has is in short yardage situation, particularly goal line.

The Jets screwed the kid. Maybe they just wanted to move some jerseys and sell some tickets to their ugly, concrete bowl of a stadium. If they didn't want him, they shouldn't have drafted him. If he was that terrible in practice, they should've tried to trade the guy before the trade deadline and milk whatever value they could out of him.

Tebow screwed himself, he is a big boy and he thought he would be a big media star in New York. It hasnt worked out, you shouldnt cry for him. He is still getting his commercials, so he is good.

Instead, they used him sparingly. Even with Sanchez playing himself out of a job, they wouldn't give the guy a shot, after they promised he'd be allowed to compete. And in a whole season, they gave him exactly ONE legitimate drive, and then benched him against after that.

you have to EARN the chance, he apparently wasnt doing that in practice. And I just want you to apply this same standard to Brady Quinn who got leapfrogged by Tebow last year solely because of the fans and media firestorm. I imagine you do not feel that way towards him tho.

Woody Johnson and Mike Tannebaum are the new Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato. I can't blame Tebow for basically saying screw off. He was screwed. He could be playing for an NFL team right now.

so at first it was Rex Ryan who wanted the trade, then you end it by saying Woody Johnson and Tannebaum wanted the trade. LOL.

And I KNOW you wont apply this same leeway to any other player. I know you wont. You didnt for Albert Haynesworth and he was A LOT better than Tebow ever was.

If Rex Grossman did this, you would not have time for him either and he has accomplished A LOT more than Tebow ever has.

];9351039']That's what it comes down to me too. Why tell him you want him on your squad' date=' then do everything in your power to avoid playing him?

Granted, quitting is never, ever okay. Weak and pathetic move by him, based on the limited information I've consumed.

In the end, he'll end up in Jacksonville, literally the only team that would want him at this point. I wonder if KC some how wins this week and Jacksonville loses, that will get them the #1 over all pick, which I'm guessing would go towards Geno Smith.[/quote']The story about him quitting isn't true. His coach has acklowledged as much.

you have to EARN the chance, he apparently wasnt doing that in practice. And I just want you to apply this same standard to Brady Quinn who got leapfrogged by Tebow last year solely because of the fans and media firestorm. I imagine you do not feel that way towards him tho.

Because Brady Quinn was a much better player than Tebow, right? :rolleyes:

Personally as soon as the Jets were eliminated from the playoffs I would've let Tebow and McElroy each start one game to see what they have but that team is so flawed you really can't judge. They have no offensive weapons

Oh and another thing, Tebow from all reports had the choice to go to either Jacksonville or New York. He chose New York where obviously the chance of winning was higher. He could've went to Jacksonville and became a big fish in a little pond and could've thrown up all of the 9/22 passing games he wanted.

I personally think he'll end up in Jacksonville next year as the starter and a Tebow-Jones-Drew-Blackmon-Shorts offense isn't horrid, especially with a top 10 pick. He'll sell tickets, have no pressure and be loved down there.

"Say, look at that iceberg. Looks pretty big" - Woody Johnson

"Steer a little closer so we can get a good look at it" - Mike Tannenbaum

the Jets deserve to be this shipwreck. Tebow isn't the only guy who quit on that team, that team isn't worth respecting enough to care whether you quit or not.

Bluster, bull****, soundbytes and overachievement are the on-ly things this team can do. and when the achievement level comes crashing down to earth due to the arrogance of either the staff or the FO, they deserve it.

The FO brought in tebow. Dumb move. The FO dropped a truckload of money into Sanchez's pocket bedause Mr. Under-Average got his feelings hurt when they called Peyton Manning in the offseason. Mind numbingly stupid move.

The league is set up to pass, and they enter the season with Santonio Holmes (mr leadership) and a matching set of dishtowels playing wide receiver and they ANNOUNCE that they inted to be 'ground and pound"

stupid.gif

As Rex Ryan said in a july press conference:

"I'm going to do this entirely ass backwards with a slowfooted running back and a questionable offensive line. I'm going to put my team in a position because of my moronic offensive plan that mark Sanchez is going to HAVE to throw. So anyone wanting to play defense against us, understand all you're going to have to do is stop a meatbag palooka running back and his sidekick Joe McKnothing. I have a contract with ESPN that says I have to run Tebow in a wildcat here and there, so we'll do that too. Other than that i'm going to rely on Mark Turnover to throw to Jeremy Kerley, presumably because Jeremy Moe and Jeremy Larry won't make the team. Pretty worthless, huh?"

Obviously i'm paraphrasing a little.

Us watching this team is what others have seen when looking at some of Dan Snyder's worst experiments imploding. It's embarrassing. So drive past slow, take a look, and realize how far we've come.

~Bang

If it was me, I would've bit the bullet and turned Tebow into a fulltime fullback/tailback. Why the hell out. He's the best running back the Jets have on their roster. He's one of the best goal line backs in the league.

This whole season I felt like they kept Tebow out of the game in goal line or goal-to-go situations strictly to keep him from scoring touchdowns and sparking a quarterback controversy. This is stupid because 1.) you play to win the game and 2.) they already started one by trading for the guy in the first place.

They were less interested in winning and more interested in protecting Sanchez and pretending everything they were doing was A-OK and there were no problems.

yes, yes Brady Quinn is. Thats why Brady Quinn was made the #2 QB after last year's training camp.

The fact that Brady Quinn is a better QB than Tim Tebow should speak a lot about the talents, or lack thereof, Tebow has at the QB position.

Brady Quinn is garbage. The fact that you think he's better than Tebow is laughable. Based on what exactly? Tebow took over a 1-4 team and led them to a playoff win. What has Brady Quinn EVER done in the NFL? Somehow he's gotten a few starts this year with KC. And how has that worked out? Dude couldn't even remain the starter for a horrible Cleveland Browns team either. Would love to hear why you feel Quinn is a better QB...

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

Question: if you're not playing on a team, how can you quit on a team?
Again, he didn't quit. The story is bogus.

Brady Quinn is garbage.

100% correct, Brady Quinn is garbage. The fact that he is garbage, yet is a better QB than Tebow tells you how bad Tebow is.

The fact that you think he's better than Tebow is laughable. Based on what exactly?

Better arm strength, more accurate passer, better pocket presence, can read NFL defenses at a mediocre level which is better than Tebow.

He is better than Tebow at playing QB. At running the ball, give me Tebow any day of the week. And Tebow doesnt throw ints, mostly because he doesnt throw the ball much at all. Tebow had 14 fumbles last season, while Quinn has only had 5 in his career.

Tebow took over a 1-4 team and led them to a playoff win. What has Brady Quinn EVER done in the NFL? Somehow he's gotten a few starts this year with KC. And how has that worked out? Dude couldn't even remain the starter for a horrible Cleveland Browns team either. Would love to hear why you feel Quinn is a better QB...

This again. Realize that the Denver defense led them, not Tebow. Von Miller began looking like the sack machine dancing bamma he is right now during that streak.

Tebow couldnt even beat out Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy.

Did Tebow take over a 1-4 football team? Yes.

Did Tebow then QB that same 1-4 team to a 7-4 finish and win a playoff game? Yes.

These are the facts, you might not like his playing/QBing style but facts are facts.

This thread is based on an inaccurate report (what happened to sports media integrity?) and only persists because of dislike of Tebow's playing style and his lifestyle.

Did Tebow take over a 1-4 football team? Yes.

Did Tebow then QB that same 1-4 team to a 7-4 finish and win a playoff game? Yes.

These are the facts, you might not like his playing/QBing style but facts are facts.

This thread is based on an inaccurate report (what happened to sports media integrity?) and only persists because of dislike of Tebow's playing style and his lifestyle.

deleted post

yes, yes Brady Quinn is. Thats why Brady Quinn was made the #2 QB after last year's training camp.

The fact that Brady Quinn is a better QB than Tim Tebow should speak a lot about the talents, or lack thereof, Tebow has at the QB position.

Let's see:

Tebow: took a 1-5 team to 8-8, making the playoffs and beat the Steelers.

Quinn: on his 3rd team in 6 years.

Tebow has thrown more TDs and fewer INTs, has a higher passer rating, and has a better record as a starter. How exactly is Quinn better?

Oh yeah, he's not, and you're just trying to push an agenda. But you're not anti Tebow. Right.

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 10:13 PM ----------

This again. Realize that the Denver defense led them, not Tebow. Von Miller began looking like the sack machine dancing bamma he is right now during that streak.

Tebow couldnt even beat out Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy.

Yeah, I forgot that the Denver defense led all those TD drives to win the games. That pass that beat the Steelers in overtime? All defense, right?

Let's see:

Tebow: took a 1-5 team to 8-8, making the playoffs and beat the Steelers.

Quinn: on his 3rd team in 6 years.

Tebow has thrown more TDs and fewer INTs, has a higher passer rating, and has a better record as a starter. How exactly is Quinn better?

Oh yeah, he's not, and you're just trying to push an agenda. But you're not anti Tebow. Right.

you do realize Tebow is about to be on his 3rd team in 4 years?

And if you want to play this game, then Rex Grossman should be starting somewhere... Jim Plunkett>>>>>>>Dan Marino

The one thing I give Tebow credit for more than anything is that he doesnt throw interceptions. He may not be able to read a defense, or play under the center, etc but he doesnt throw interceptions.

but Quinn is better because you can play him in a pro style offense, you cannot with Tebow. Teams can trust Quinn to throw the ball whereas they dont with Tebow (and that is including Denver).

and again, Tebow only beat ONE team above .500.

Yeah, I forgot that the Denver defense led all those TD drives to win the games. That pass that beat the Steelers in overtime? All defense, right?

it was a good pass against Pittsburgh that Thomas ran another 60 yards to score (not taking credit away from Tebow, but instead giving credit to Thomas which no one ever does on that play).

And yes, that Denver team that held teams to 17.5 points a game in all the games Denver won in those games while the supercharged Broncos offense under Tebow averaged 21.1 points a game in the wins. The defense kept those games close, and even had something bizarre like Marion Barber running out of bounds when staying in bounds could have ended the game for the Bears. And the game tying kick was a 59 yard field goal (Denver's offense got one first down on that drive but couldnt advance it further, even though they tried).

Tebow's run last year was incredible, but you cannot rely on that.

And yes, that Denver team that held teams to 17.5 points a game in all the games Denver won in those games while the supercharged Broncos offense under Tebow averaged 21.1 points a game in the wins. The defense kept those games close, and even had something bizarre like Marion Barber running out of bounds when staying in bounds could have ended the game for the Bears. And the game tying kick was a 59 yard field goal (Denver's offense got one first down on that drive but couldnt advance it further, even though they tried).

Tebow's run last year was incredible, but you cannot rely on that.

You want to know a big reason why the defense started playing better?

Because Tebow doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't put them in a bad position. He gets the team believing.

You want to know a big reason why the defense started playing better?

Because Tebow doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't put them in a bad position. He gets the team believing.

Skip Bayless used to have some really good facts everytime someone tried to use the "it was the Denver defense" spill. I remember he used to quote all sorts of 4th quarter stats that Tebow led in, or was the top of the charts at. I know comeback wins was one of them. I even think maybe he might have had the best QB rating in the 4th. Stuff like that. Wish I could remember all of his stats. I know I was even surprised by some of them.

And I can't believe Asia is using the "you do know Tebow is about to be on this 3rd team in 4 years" bit. I mean, Denver only landed a 4-time MVP, Super Bowl-winning QB, that will likely go down as one of the 5 best QBs of all time..:ols: Not sure how that can be be perceived as a slight to Tebow, that Denver decided to trade him. And then he only lands in New York because their owner likely just wanted to stay relevant in the New York media, as the Giants had just won their 2nd SB in 5 years (or was it 4?).

And I can't believe Asia is using the "you do know Tebow is about to be on this 3rd team in 4 years" bit. I mean, Denver only landed a 4-time MVP, Super Bowl-winning QB, that will likely go down as one of the 5 best QBs of all time..:ols: Not sure how that can be be perceived as a slight to Tebow, that Denver decided to trade him. And then he only lands in New York because their owner likely just wanted to stay relevant in the New York media, as the Giants had just won their 2nd SB in 5 years (or was it 4?).

:ols:

Good point. Tebow gets beat out by a top 5 all time QB. Quinn got beat out by Derek Anderson, Tebow, and then only got a shot in KC thanks to a Cassel concussion.

And Cam lost to Quinn...

:ols:

Good point. Tebow gets beat out by a top 5 all time QB. Quinn got beat out by Derek Anderson, Tebow, and then only got a shot in KC thanks to a Cassel concussion.

And Cam lost to Quinn...

:ols: Ok, that last line was funny. But, even though I don't like Cam, they didn't lose that game because of him. He was excellent that day. They probably win the game if LaFell doesn't drop a perfectly thrown deep ball that appeared would have gone for a TD. Coincidently, I think that's the best game Quinn has ever played in the NFL.

Quinn is not better than Tebow. He might seem like he can run a pro style offense but the results indicate otherwise. Tebow may be a horrible passer but he produces better results. Quinn is amazingly bad.
Yeah, we know. But I wish you guys could have seen Quinn vs Carolina. I couldn't believe my eyes. He played out of his mind that day. And then after the game, not sure if you guys heard about it, but he delieverd some of the best quotes I've ever heard in my life. It was pertaining to the Belcher murder-suicide thing. Quinn scored major props from me for his comments.

Archived