Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Tim Tebow QUIT on his Jets teammates today

AsiaticSkinsFan

You got to understand, you're dealing with a guy here that defended Cam Newton's diva-like ways and also thought it was perfectly ok for Josh Brent to be on Dallas' sidelines last week. This guy is always trying to stir things up.

Bottom line, Tebow deserved a chance to start and wasn't afforded the opportunity to do so. It's a ****ing joke how bad he was misled/mistreated by the Jets. Especially Rex Ryan.

If Tebow had a little more pigment the OP would be defending him to the ends of the Earth.

I really don't understand why the Jets traded for him.

Woody Johnson wanted the Jets to be on the backpages this offseason over the Giants. He got what he wanted.

Explain how he's an egomaniac?

hmmm, he thinks he should start over someone who has been outperforming him in practice?

hmmm, he just told his team (according to sources) that he did not want to play because he was upset that said player who outperformed him is playing QB over him?

If TO, Brett Favre, or any other player acted that way they would get raked over the coals, but you have decided to give Tebow a pass. And I would accept TO and Brett Favre being egomaniacs because those guys are HOF players. Tebow isnt even good enough to play QB in the NFL.

Tebow is just polarizing. He does everything the right way. It's not his fault the media (I blame Skip Bayless) has tracked his every move since he entered the NFL.

he hasnt done everything the right way, this is the biggest example of it. :ols:

and while I dont blame him for the media attention, he hasnt ran from it. He only fanes the fire. He did it last year when Denver fans hat that billboard up saying he should start. Instead of saying he would work hard and that he has a long way to go, dude said something like "maybe they are right." He has also been in a lot of commercials despite not doing a damn thing in the NFL. So yes, the media are to blame for the attention he gets, but he has never ran from it.

And your thinking that Elway shipped him out because he's an egomaniac is just ridiculous. That doesn't even deserve any further discussion.

why not? This Tebow thinks he is a starting QB in the NFL. If Elway really believed dude wouldnt be a distraction in the locker room, why wouldnt Elway keep him and have him learn under Manning? Elway shipped Tebow out with the quickness because he didnt want the whole "Tebow thing" around Denver. And he right.

Tebow had several discussions with Ryan before signing there. And he was under the impression that he would get to start if Sanchez struggled. I just read a story about this at espn's website last night about this. Now, are you gonna honestly sit there and tell me that Tebow isn't telling the truth about his conversations with Ryan?

do you have any quotes saying this?

The only thing I have is this:

“I had a better relationship with the Jets coaches,” said Tebow, who spent time with Ryan at the Super Bowl. “I knew them. I know that (Jaguars) coach (Mike) Mularkey and the coaches they have are great coaches, but I’ve never met any of them... I haven’t had an opportunity to get to know them.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tim-tebow-excited-ny-jets-thinks-mark-sanchez-work-article-1.1050957#ixzz2FvwWXY19

Thats from the press conference. If there is something else then I am wrong and thats fine. But I have never found anything that says Rex Ryan telling Tebow his role before joining the Jets. What I did see was Woody Johnson excited and happy because he is the guy who wanted him.

If anything, Tebow had to earn his place as the guy to replace Sanchez but he has apparently stunk it up in practice that McElroy has been better.

And Tebow has never been that great of a practice player. I heard those same stories when he was in Denver. But that's sort of irrelevant. Tebow took over a Broncos team that was 1-4 and led them to the playoffs. Even beat the vaunted Steelers in the first round, when no one was giving them much chance at all.

LOL, only tebow gets this "he isnt good in practice" excuse. (which sounds like you took that out of Skip Bayless' mouth).

The Steelers were injured and played a zero coverage against Tebow. They had NO respect for him. Fair enough, they beat the Steelers. How many teams over .500 did the Tebow and the Broncos defeat last season? I'll help you, only that injured Steelers to team who showed him no respect.

McElroy has never accomplished anything in the NFL. And was the third stringer for most of the year and wasn't even activated for most of the Jets' games. No way should Tebow have been passed over for that McElroy and you know it.

I dont think Tebow was ever ahead of McElroy. I think the Jets kept Tebow active to use him in other plays, but I dont think Tebow was ever ahead of him. That was mostly down to Tebow being awful in practice, but taht doesnt matter for Tebow which you and Skip Bayless agree over.

And what has Tebow accomplished in this NFL to be asking out of plays?

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

If Tebow had a little more pigment the OP would be defending him to the ends of the Earth.

not even. And im offended you said that.

Its about time he showed some balls..

Exactly. The Jets are a joke, and honestly I think more of Tebow for not being part of it any longer. It's a ****ing circus. They aren't his teammates, not the way they **** on him in the media in a cowardly, anonymous way. They are his business associates, and he's biding his time until he's gone, and he's being pretty damn quiet about it. It's the media that wants to make it a story.

He's not an egomaniac. He was misled by Rex Ryan. He could have gone to Jacksonville, but chose New York because of talks he had with Ryan. He thought he would get a chance to be the starter if Sanchez struggled. Well, needless to say, Sanchez has been terrible, yet Tebow, who was the backup all year, was jumped on the depth chart by the third string guy. Pretty ****ty, right?

Now, I'm not excusing him for not wanting to play today, but I can fully understand his frustration. He knows he wasn't gonna start today, and would be in Jacksonville next year, so why would he risk getting hurt for a team that ****ted on him?

I would like nothing more than to see the guy go to Jacksonville and have some more of that Denver magic. Guy deserves another shot at starting. He's a good dude. Don't understand all the hate.

do you think he just sat on the bench and did nothing all year? Just wandered around the Jets training facility with the coaches just ignoring him. The coaches had practices all year, to watch and judge his abilities. He did play in specialty packages. They didn't think he played well enough to play in regular situations.

I dont think Tebow was ever ahead of McElroy. I think the Jets kept Tebow active to use him in other plays, but I dont think Tebow was ever ahead of him. That was mostly down to Tebow being awful in practice, but taht doesnt matter for Tebow which you and Skip Bayless agree over.

So Ryan chose to not activate his "real" backup because Tebow was the personal punt protector and wildcat (which they barely ever ran) QB? They kept McElroy out so Tebow could block on punts? You're really trying to sell that?

do you think he just sat on the bench and did nothing all year? Just wandered around the Jets training facility with the coaches just ignoring him. The coaches had practices all year, to watch and judge his abilities. He did play in specialty packages. They didn't think he played well enough to play in regular situations.

exactly

So Ryan chose to not activate his "real" backup because Tebow was the personal punt protector and wildcat (which they barely ever ran) QB? They kept McElroy out so Tebow could block on punts? You're really trying to sell that?

i will put it like this. When New England ran a train on the Jets on Thanksgiving, Tebow was on the bench and Ryan never put him in the game. Even when Sanchez was doing this:

sanchez31.gif

he never put Tebow in the game

The next week Tebow got injured, and Sanchez and Ryan Lindley combined to put on one of the worst combined QB performances in NFL history, Rex put McElroy in and they won the game.

If anything, Rex Ryan should have put McElroy as starter that very next game but instead persisted with that bum Sanchez.

How many reps at the actual QB position do you think Tebow received this year?

why not? This Tebow thinks he is a starting QB in the NFL. If Elway really believed dude wouldnt be a distraction in the locker room, why wouldnt Elway keep him and have him learn under Manning? Elway shipped Tebow out with the quickness because he didnt want the whole "Tebow thing" around Denver. And he right.

The only reason he would have been a distraction in the locker room is if the fans or media started something, which probably wouldn't have happened with Manning, because the Broncos would be winning.

You don't "learn under" Manning. You think Orlovsky or Painter learned anything? Manning is a known rep hog, to the point where he doesn't like the backups getting any snaps.

Woody Johnson wanted the Jets to be on the backpages this offseason over the Giants. He got what he wanted.

hmmm, he thinks he should start over someone who has been outperforming him in practice? That's not being an egomaniac

hmmm, he just told his team (according to sources) that he did not want to play because he was upset that said player who outperformed him is playing QB over him? Nor is this.

If TO, Brett Favre, or any other player acted that way they would get raked over the coals, but you have decided to give Tebow a pass. And I would accept TO and Brett Favre being egomaniacs because those guys are HOF players. Tebow isnt even good enough to play QB in the NFL.I merely used TO and Favre as guys who were clearly egomaniacs. Since, ya know, you seem to be confused as to what the word means.

he hasnt done everything the right way, this is the biggest example of it. :ols:I clearly said I don't defend a guy for asking out of wildcat plays today. If this story is even true. But even if it is, I've explained that I understand 'why' he would do what he did. If I were treated the way the Jets treated him, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have done the same thing.

and while I dont blame him for the media attention, he hasnt ran from it. He only fanes the fire. He did it last year when Denver fans hat that billboard up saying he should start. Instead of saying he would work hard and that he has a long way to go, dude said something like "maybe they are right." He has also been in a lot of commercials despite not doing a damn thing in the NFL. So yes, the media are to blame for the attention he gets, but he has never ran from it.Hasn't ran from it? They are all over HIM. And again, it's because the guy is polarizing. That's his fault? And how do you get he hasn't done a "damn thing in the NFL". Again, he took a team that was 1-4 and led them to a first round playoff win over a heavyily favored Steelers team. And he had more comeback wins than any QB in the league last year, if I'm not mistaken. Also has the top QB rating of any QB in the 4th quarter. But that's nothing, right?:rolleyes:

why not? This Tebow thinks he is a starting QB in the NFL. If Elway really believed dude wouldnt be a distraction in the locker room, why wouldnt Elway keep him and have him learn under Manning? Elway shipped Tebow out with the quickness because he didnt want the whole "Tebow thing" around Denver. And he right.Uh, there was no reason to keep Tebow, once they acquired Manning. Do you REALLY need that explained to you?

do you have any quotes saying this?There was a story at espn's website about Tebow going to Jacksonville next year. The quotes are all there.

The only thing I have is this:

Thats from the press conference. If there is something else then I am wrong and thats fine. But I have never found anything that says Rex Ryan telling Tebow his role before joining the Jets. What I did see was Woody Johnson excited and happy because he is the guy who wanted him.

If anything, Tebow had to earn his place as the guy to replace Sanchez but he has apparently stunk it up in practice that McElroy has been better.

LOL, only tebow gets this "he isnt good in practice" excuse. (which sounds like you took that out of Skip Bayless' mouth).Dude, I just said earlier that I BLAME Bayless for the overexposure of Tebow last year. READ, man!

The Steelers were injured and played a zero coverage against Tebow. They had NO respect for him. Fair enough, they beat the Steelers. How many teams over .500 did the Tebow and the Broncos defeat last season? I'll help you, only that injured Steelers to team who showed him no respect.All you keep coming up with are excuses. If Tebow were as bad as you're making him out to be, then how did he take a 1-4 team and take them to the playoffs. Funny, you're a big Cam apoligist...until Cam and the Panthers defeated Atlanta a few weeks ago, Cam had NEVER beaten a team with a winning record, that had their starting QB going!:ols::ols:...

I dont think Tebow was ever ahead of McElroy.YOU don't think he was. SO WHAT. He WAS ahead of him. Like I said, McElroy wasn't even ACTIVATED for most of the Jets' games this year. Doesn't that tell you that he was BEHIND Tebow on the depth chart?!..:ols: I think the Jets kept Tebow active to use him in other plays, but I dont think Tebow was ever ahead of him. That was mostly down to Tebow being awful in practice, but taht doesnt matter for Tebow which you and Skip Bayless agree over.

And what has Tebow accomplished in this NFL to be asking out of plays?Plenty more than McElroy. And I've already explained it several times. You're just not getting it...

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

not even. And im offended you said that.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 10:31 PM ----------

of course they are. The smartest men in the room this season in the NFL. They wanted nothing to do with him and they somehow got a pick and ended up with Peyton Manning.

Wow. You mean John Fox and John Elway wanted Peyton Manning over Tim Tebow..They are such geniuses!:ols::doh:

of course they are. The smartest men in the room this season in the NFL. They wanted nothing to do with him and they somehow got a pick and ended up with Peyton Manning.

The kid's a walking QB controversy. I don't know why anyone would take that on on purpose. The Jets were idiots.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 10:34 PM ----------

Wow. You mean John Fox and John Elway wanted Peyton Manning over Tim Tebow..They are such geniuses!:ols::doh:

Why is that funny? I thought Tim Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs. He's like 100 years younger than Manning. If he's such a great QB prospect, why go old over young? I mean would we sign Manning and then trade away Griffin at this point?

The fact that the Broncos even put themselves in the Manning derby should tell you something.

Yup. They're geniuses for wanting Manning over Tebow.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

Why is that funny? I thought Tim Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs. He's like 100 years younger than Manning. If he's such a great QB prospect, why go old over young? I mean would we sign Manning and then trade away Griffin at this point?

The fact that the Broncos even put themselves in the Manning derby should tell you something.

Wait, when did BS say that Tebow was better than Manning? No one is saying that. You're just not saying much by making the claim that because they wanted Manning that means they're geniuses.

We were in the Manning derby, after we traded for the second pick. Should that tell us something?

The kid's a walking QB controversy. I don't know why anyone would take that on on purpose. The Jets were idiots.

they only wanted to be in the newspapers and all over the media in the offeseason. They got what they hoped for, shame they forgot they had a football team. :ols:

Yup. They're geniuses for wanting Manning over Tebow.

yes, they are geniuses for that. They got a pick out it also.

They knew this Tebow thing was not for the long term and had to find an out. THe out was aggressively going after and singing Peyton Manning. Even after signing Peyton, the Tebowholics in Denver were still mad over it.

So yes, they are geniuses and deserve a lot of credit for how they handled the Tebow situation.

yes, they are geniuses for that. They got a pick out it also.

They knew this Tebow thing was not for the long term and had to find an out. THe out was aggressively going after and singing Peyton Manning. Even after signing Peyton, the Tebowholics in Denver were still mad over it.

So yes, they are geniuses and deserve a lot of credit for how they handled the Tebow situation.

So, back to your original point: how does that prove that Tebow's an egomaniac?

Wait, when did BS say that Tebow was better than Manning? No one is saying that. You're just not saying much by making the claim that because they wanted Manning that means they're geniuses.

I think they were geniuses because they figured out a way to get rid of Tebow without having to face the pitchforks and torches like the ones that are appearing in this thread.

We were in the Manning derby, after we traded for the second pick. Should that tell us something?

First of all, that's a bit of a stretch. Second of all, even if we were, we wouldn't have been after Manning to REPLACE our second pick. Why would the Broncos get rid of Tebow with a 36 year-old injury-plagued QB at the helm? Why didn't they just keep Tebow as a backup and future QB?

They traded him away like he was on fire.

No one is saying Denver wasn't smart for unloading Tebow for Manning. But to call them "geniuses" for doing so, well, that's a bit of a stretch. Especially considering there were no less than 10 teams after his services last year (including us).

And Elway was never a fan of Tebow, depsite all the happy faces he put on in front of the camera. Elway didn't draft Tebow. Plus, Tebow isn't the pocket passer that Elway was, and probably coveted since the day he took over there. Manning just fell into his lap. Perfect timing, if you will. He gets rid of Tebow and lands a 4-time MVP and Super Bowl-winning QB. Therefore, there would be no backlash from the hardcore Tebow fan base.

So, back to your original point: how does that prove that Tebow's an egomaniac?

The guy loves the media attention and had no problem with jumping over Brady Quinn last season when he was the #2 QB.

The guy had no problem with the fans wanting him to start over Kyle Orton, even when he was asked about it.

The guy is in a lot of commercials despite not doing anything in the NFL to show he is deserved of the commercials.

The guy just refused to play in wildcat situations that would have helped his team because he thinks he should be starting over someone that has outperformed him in practice all year.

If I said all of this but instead said Cam Newton did this or even a Blaine Gabbert, you guys would be calling him arrogant and an egomaniac. Why give Tebow the pass?

I think they were geniuses because they figured out a way to get rid of Tebow without having to face the pitchforks and torches like the ones that are appearing in this thread.

First of all, that's a bit of a stretch. Second of all, even if we were. We wouldn't have been after Manning to REPLACE our second pick. Why would the Broncos get rid of Tebow with a 36 year-old injury-plagued QB at the helm? Why didn't they just keep Tebow?

They traded him away like he was on fire.

its really one of the smartest moves of this entire season, and it worked out for them. I never thought Peyton would be good enough again, and he has come back and been about 90% of his old self.

Shoot, Peyton at 70% is a better QB than Tebow.

Archived