Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sources: Tim Tebow QUIT on his Jets teammates today

AsiaticSkinsFan

I do find it very interesting who defends Tebow vs. who defends Cam. I know why, too, let's not bull crap each other here. I just wish those posters would see how transparent they iz. No low is too low for Cam, but Tim Tebow is an egomaniac.

(I don't defend either, by the way, nor do I spend all my time attacking them on these threads.)

Speak on it then because I didn't see anyone defending Cam yesterday.

hahaha, this is hilarious.

Maybe finally people will realize that Tebow is, and always has been about ONE thing - himself. The squeaky clean God fearing BS is just that - BS.

Let me make it clear so that people understand.

If Tebow was the religious, Godfearing, humble, hardworking role model he says he is, he would have accepted being a TE or FB or whatever it took to help the team win, long ago.

Tebow insisted on being a QB. Despite it being clear for years that he'd never be a quality starting QB in this league. He'd probably be a Pro Bowl TE or FB. But he insisted on being a QB.

Tim Tebow can go **** himself.

People have just been waiting for news like this. The negative attitudes out there are just depressing. I don't get why it's so much fun to root against people just because there is a group rooting for them.
I know right? Nevermind that the report isn't even accurate.

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 05:01 PM ----------

Despite it being clear for years that he'd never be a quality starting QB in this league.
You mean like last year?

I have a coupla questions for about how/why its clear that Tebow isn't a starting QB in this league.

Did Tebow win a playoff game? What was Tebow's W/L record last year? What was the Broncos record prior to Tebow being named starter?

Speak on it then because I didn't see anyone defending Cam yesterday.

I think I recall seeing you in Vick threads too.

Look, it's not out of malice, I'm sure. People tend to want to circle the wagons around their "own," whether that's their co-religionists, people of their race or ethnicity, etc.

From my observation, you and perhaps RonARtest too, jump into threads to equivocate or defend black players, particularly QBs. Now, you know from my posts on Luck/RG3, I have no problem calling **** out what it is, the only reason Luck is still in the conversation is because he's white. But that also means I have no problem calling out Wilbon-esque homerism, when I see it. And from my perspective, you bash on Tebow in the same way that you generally defend Cam (and from what I recall, if I have you wrong or mixed up with someone else in the Vick threads, then that's totally on me and I apologize) and that yes, Cam is a superior player, but he's not a superior person from what any witnesses close to the situation seem to indicate. One would think at least that would buy Tim some leeway. I think the basis of this, even if unconscious, is racial. Again, I'm not saying you have malice in your heart towards Tim or outright love for Cam based on race, only that you engage in the rhetoric that you do in these cases based more on that allegiance than you would admit.

Basically, if Tim were black, I don't think you'd be on this thread really or you'd be defending him. That's just my take. It's the same, to me, with the Luck apologists, except they're only talking about on-the-field football plays (well, maybe not some Indy Colts fans, but you get my drift.)

If you admitted this might be a factor, my respect for you (I actually like you a LOT as a poster) would shoot way up. Then we could move forward and just discuss these points, regardless of what the source is.

I'm fairly certain Newton was suspended from the Gators for stealing a laptop, and later transferred and ended up in Auburn. Not because of some love fest with Tebow. And anyway, as long as Tebow is winning you national championships, why would you make a change and go with Cam? I also do not get the Tebow hate. Seems like he didnt get what he was promised in NY, so why shouldnt he be upset? As far as him being upset and not wanting to play second fiddle to Manning and that making him an egomaniac, would you feel that way if Griffin was benched for Cousins, and got upset about it? These guys are competitors, and most of them were starters in college. They aren't used to being 2nd string or worse. Not fair to judge a man on that. Of course they would rather be the starter. I for one, hope Tebow has a good career wherever and whatever position he ends up with.

From my observation, you and perhaps RonARtest too, jump into threads to equivocate or defend black players, particularly QBs. Now, you know from my posts on Luck/RG3, I have no problem calling **** out what it is, the only reason Luck is still in the conversation is because he's white. But that also means I have no problem calling out Wilbon-esque homerism, when I see it. And from my perspective, you bash on Tebow in the same way that you generally defend Cam (and from what I recall, if I have you wrong or mixed up with someone else in the Vick threads, then that's totally on me and I apologize) and that yes, Cam is a superior player, but he's not a superior person from what any witnesses close to the situation seem to indicate. One would think at least that would buy Tim some leeway. I think the basis of this, even if unconscious, is racial. Again, I'm not saying you have malice in your heart towards Tim or outright love for Cam based on race, only that you engage in the rhetoric that you do in these cases based more on that allegiance than you would admit.

First of all, Wilbon is the biggest clown on racial issues there is. Since PTI got big, he is usually on the wrong side of these things, the biggest example being Sean Taylor's death. That guy is a clown and I am bothered that you compared me to him.

Secondly, I actually dont think the overrating of Luck's season has that much to do with race. I think its a factor, and if the numbers were reversed between RG3 and Luck, then Luck would be the runaway winner. But imo, the real reason Luck is in the OROY race despite his underwhelming numbers is because he was anointed as the next big thing at QB a few years ago and no one wants to let that go. The media, like most people, dont want to admit they are wrong no matter what. That is what is going on with Luck's overrating this season, those people in the media do not want to admit that Luck isnt as good as the other rookies this season (not just QBs, but Morris ad Martin are having better seasons). That is also a big reason why Cam gets the media coverage he gets as well, those who had their agenda against him before he was drafted dont want to admit they were wrong.

And yes, I did defend Vick. I never said his play was good but that Andy Reid was throwing dude under the bus for the mess he created and the offense he runs. The Eagles Oline stinks regardless of who is back there. They barely ran short routes for Vick as Reid fell in love with VIck's arm and the vertical game and Andy Reid hates running the ball which would be beneficial for a QB who is turning the ball over. None of that was set out to defend Vick at all, but all I ever ask is for people to look at the context. You rarely see that with Vick, but see people bend over backwards for others (like we are seeing with Tebow and we are seeing for Andrew Luck's season).

Basically, if Tim were black, I don't think you'd be on this thread really or you'd be defending him. That's just my take. It's the same, to me, with the Luck apologists, except they're only talking about on-the-field football plays (well, maybe not some Indy Colts fans, but you get my drift.)

you are incorrect here. I NEVER liked Jason Campbell, NEVER. I thought Vince Young was an idiot, and felt the same for Jamarcus Russell.

No, Tebow is just not a QB, regardless of his race. I dont hate Tebow personally, but I know a guy with a big ego when I see one. The thing is I try to bring balance to the discussion. For instance Cam's big ego gets destroyed on here and in the media, yet look at how many people give Tebow a pass for his actions which are in large ways much worse than Newton's. This has been true for many black QBs in the NFL, they get criticized for what white QBs get a pass for. Cam is acting immature right now, I agree, but I saw Peyton and Eli Manning act immature when young also. In fact I see it with all QBs. In fact I saw Tom Brady spike a football in a referee's face last week and no reaction from anyone. The usual line is, "Brady gets a pass because he won super bowls," I dont think thats fair but whatever how about when Phillip Rivers acts like a butt munch? Same is true for Cutler. And Cam's career had been written off by many in the media, and on here, because he had a bad start to his second season. Can you not see how ridiculous that is? Its absurd, especially since Cam has rebounded to have close to the season he had last year.

And FTR I am not a Cam Newton fan. I think he is immature, and think he can be a jerk, and he said some really stupid stuff about past black QBs that really upset me about the guy. But I am not ready to write off a career based off a season and a few games which many were doing this year when comparing him to Vince Young. And I am not about to take stock in a report that said Cam Newton hurt one guy's feelings at the pro bowl. Its nonsense like that that makes me ask questions and try to get people to think differently.

If you admitted this might be a factor, my respect for you (I actually like you a LOT as a poster) would shoot way up. Then we could move forward and just discuss these points, regardless of what the source is.

When some other posters on here admit race is a factor in the coverage and reactions to players like Cam and Vick, etc then we can definitely move forward in these conversations. In fairness, you do that and I do like reading your views on this stuff, but many others dont. In fact, when you start saying that race has a great factor in these situations, then the magical "race card" stuff gets pulled when a good conversation could be had.

I'm fairly certain Newton was suspended from the Gators for stealing a laptop, and later transferred and ended up in Auburn. Not because of some love fest with Tebow. And anyway, as long as Tebow is winning you national championships, why would you make a change and go with Cam? I also do not get the Tebow hate. Seems like he didnt get what he was promised in NY, so why shouldnt he be upset? As far as him being upset and not wanting to play second fiddle to Manning and that making him an egomaniac, would you feel that way if Griffin was benched for Cousins, and got upset about it? These guys are competitors, and most of them were starters in college. They aren't used to being 2nd string or worse. Not fair to judge a man on that. Of course they would rather be the starter. I for one, hope Tebow has a good career wherever and whatever position he ends up with.

in fairness, Tebow wasnt winning a national championship in the summer of 2008. (he did win the heisman, Bomani Jones pointing that out was pretty stupid, imo)

And what exactly was Tebow promised? And if he was promised these things why should HE have all of his promises fulfilled versus other guys who dont?

Merrill Hodge went in on Tebow this morning regarding these "promises"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEiZTRJpKDY

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 06:56 PM ----------

Did Tebow win a playoff game? What was Tebow's W/L record last year? What was the Broncos record prior to Tebow being named starter?

if you want to play this game, Mark Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tim Tebow

He has done those things, twice. And Mark Sanchez has beaten teams with a record above .500.

I think I recall seeing you in Vick threads too.

Look, it's not out of malice, I'm sure. People tend to want to circle the wagons around their "own," whether that's their co-religionists, people of their race or ethnicity, etc.

The hell are you talking about? If I feel a certain way about a player in the league, I'll speak on it...REGARDLESS of race. I really can't believe you actually went there. You have to be better than that.

if you want to play this game, Mark Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tim Tebow.....He has done those things, twice. And Mark Sanchez has beaten teams with a record above .500.
Um what game? You're chalk full of false assumptions. Did I say that Tebow was better then Sanchez? I responded to a post that said that Tebow refused to accept that he 'clearly' isn't a starting QB.

Other then his compl % what about Tebow shows he 'clearly' isn't a starting QB? All we can say at this point is: in Tebow's limited playing time at QB he's been successful.

Anything else is fiction.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8776088/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

I told you all this guy was an egomaniac. He has a good heart, but that doesnt mean he doesnt mean he is not an egomaniac. He better be raked over the coals for this action.

Oh, please. Would you expect any QB in the NFL to take his team to the playoffs, win a playoff game against the Steelers, then be basically cut (I know he was traded), given to choice to go to one of two of the worst teams in the NFL...then not even be given a chance to start when one of the worst QBs in the league is benched...and replaced by a 3rd string emergency QB...without even being given a chance. Not to mention, the times he has been on the field were essentially wastes of downs...as he really never got a shot. They were horrible play calls. He has not been a part of the team in reality.

He's supposed to just lay down? Alex Smith hasn't laid down, either, but I don't see him being constantly bombarded with criticism.

I don't get all the hate for Tebow. Not accusing the OP of this, but I get the feeling a lot of it comes from people who want to see an overall good person (which is a rare thing in our society) to be proven not to be so. Top that off with a guy who shows an exceptional amount of faith and loyalty to God, might as well just paint a target on his back.

Um what game? You're chalk full of false assumptions. Did I say that Tebow was better then Sanchez? I responded to a post that said that Tebow refused to accept that he 'clearly' isn't a starting QB.

Other then his compl % what about Tebow shows he 'clearly' isn't a starting QB? All we can say at this point is: in Tebow's limited playing time at QB he's been successful.

Anything else is fiction.

completion percentage, throwing the football, reading a defense, and the fact that you cant even run an offense for him. The offense he ran last year being one of the worst in the NFL, etc

Tim Tebow only beat ONE team with a winning record, remember that.

Oh, please. Would you expect any QB in the NFL to take his team to the playoffs, win a playoff game against the Steelers, then be basically cut (I know he was traded), given to choice to go to one of two of the worst teams in the NFL...then not even be given a chance to start when one of the worst QBs in the league is benched...and replaced by a 3rd string emergency QB...without even being given a chance. Not to mention, the times he has been on the field were essentially wastes of downs...as he really never got a shot. They were horrible play calls. He has not been a part of the team in reality.

He's supposed to just lay down? Alex Smith hasn't laid down, either, but I don't see him being constantly bombarded with criticism.

I don't get all the hate for Tebow. Not accusing the OP of this, but I get the feeling a lot of it comes from people who want to see an overall good person (which is a rare thing in our society) to be proven not to be so. Top that off with a guy who shows an exceptional amount of faith and loyalty to God, might as well just paint a target on his back.

Alex Smith isnt leaking that his preferred destination for next season. He also has not quit on his team.

And he didnt take his team to the playoffs, the defense did. Tebrow improved the run game, but thats it.

And no one dislikes Tebow and want him to be knocked off his perch. Instead I want people to look at him the same way they look at other football players when doing similar.

completion percentage, throwing the football, reading a defense, and the fact that you cant even run an offense for him. The offense he ran last year being one of the worst in the NFL, etc.
You are moving the target. The post I responded to said Tebow is clearly isn't a starting QB.

There several ways to judge a QB. Comp% is but 1 metric. Playing QB is about more then just comp%. And the Bronco's did run an offense for him. The ran zone-read offense, and our offense actually shares some concepts with Tebow's Bronco's offense. And the bottom line is this: when Tebow became the starter the Bronco's were 1-4 with Tebow at the helm they finished 8-8 and won a playoff game.

I fail to see how the track record above means Tebow clearly isn't a starting QB.

You are moving the target. The post I responded to said Tebow is clearly isn't a starting QB.

no, I am judging Tebow the same way I judge all starting QBs. He sucks at those things. He is not a starting QB in the NFL. If you cannot pass the ball with consistency, you cannot start at the QB position.

and yes, our offense uses some of the concepts. So does San Fran and the Seahawks. Of course all of those offenses are based out of the WCO, while the offense Tebow ran in Denver was based out of the read-option. And the big difference of course being that Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, and RG3 can actually throw the football with consistency which Tebow has never shown the ability to do.

---------- Post added December-25th-2012 at 02:21 AM ----------

So now Rex Ryan is saying this story isn't true.:ols: Called it!

He has to to say that. Of course Tebow more or less confirmed it when he spoke to Adam Schefter earlier yesterday, unless you want to say Tebow or Schefter is lying?

And the Jets should have been using Jeremy Kerely at the wildcat all season. He throws the football much better than Tebow.

Dude, give it a rest. You're really reaching with this Tebow nonsense. There's nothing to this story, just as I said there probably wasn't. And you calling Tebow an "egomaniac" might be the silliest thing I've ever heard. Especially considering the guy you love to defend, Cam Newton, is the DEFINITION of the word!:ols:

Whether the story is true or not, Tebow has not exactly done the right things to prove the story wrong. He is not and never will be a starting caliber NFL QB. I said that when he left Florida as he cannot read NFL defenses, and that is not a bad thing because lots of QB's fail at this level. Tebow just joined the long line of them.

Tebow is just someone getting more press than his talent level deserves, but good for him taking advantage of the celebrity. As far as an NFL player, he should just accept his talent level is what it is and he should play within the confines of that talent. He is a winner and brings enthusiasm to the field which is a good thing. He also needs to move on and find another team.

completion percentage, throwing the football, reading a defense, and the fact that you cant even run an offense for him. The offense he ran last year being one of the worst in the NFL, etc

Tim Tebow only beat ONE team with a winning record, remember that.

Alex Smith isnt leaking that his preferred destination for next season. He also has not quit on his team.

And he didnt take his team to the playoffs, the defense did. Tebrow improved the run game, but thats it.

And no one dislikes Tebow and want him to be knocked off his perch. Instead I want people to look at him the same way they look at other football players when doing similar.

You can toss the credit all you want, but our team couldn't get more than 5 wins with a crappy QB. The QB is a major position. Everybody can avoid giving him the credit all they want, but the simple fact is they couldn't get a win with the previous QB. Obviously the defense couldn't cut it by themselves.

Yeah, he's a unique QB. Yeah, he's something the NFL hasn't really seen before. We don't like it when people talk **** on Robert, so I'll treat other QBs with unique styles the same.

Yes, there has always been a great amount of hate for Tebow since the beginning, and its unwarranted. The kid is under a magnifying glass for mistakes, and eyes are rolled when he goes on one of his Christian boy scout statement moments. Put a guy under a magnifying glass as often as Tebow is, you'll catch a mistake. Like I said, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, he IS a playoff QB. He got moved straight to the bench for getting a win streak and a playoff birth. Would be ridiculous if it was any other guy.

You can toss the credit all you want, but our team couldn't get more than 5 wins with a crappy QB. The QB is a major position. Everybody can avoid giving him the credit all they want, but the simple fact is they couldn't get a win with the previous QB. Obviously the defense couldn't cut it by themselves.

Check Von Miller's production during those last 8 games. The Denver defense became very good. If your QB only completes 2 passes in a game you win, its not because of his play that allowed you to win.

And its no coincidence that Denver are now a 12 win team the next year because they have a much better QB. Even the Denver players wer talking about how hard it was for them with Tebow. They actually had some talent on offense that were not allowed to show out because of Tebow's limitation.

Yeah, he's a unique QB. Yeah, he's something the NFL hasn't really seen before. We don't like it when people talk **** on Robert, so I'll treat other QBs with unique styles the same.

his style ISNT unique!! He cannot throw the football!! There are 100s of HS QBs across America right now that cannot throw the football. That is the number one thing we look for in a QB. If RG3 could not throw a football, dude would be playing WR. Tebow cannot throw a football, and he is still allowed to play QB like its his birth right.

Yes, there has always been a great amount of hate for Tebow since the beginning, and its unwarranted. The kid is under a magnifying glass for mistakes, and eyes are rolled when he goes on one of his Christian boy scout statement moments. Put a guy under a magnifying glass as often as Tebow is, you'll catch a mistake. Like I said, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, he IS a playoff QB. He got moved straight to the bench for getting a win streak and a playoff birth. Would be ridiculous if it was any other guy.

I dont have any hate to Tebow, what I do dislike are the ridiculous analysis that people like you give. That you can excuse his awful play but dont make the same excuses for others. Thats bunk. Dude sucks and the Jets didnt play him this season because he sucks. I have never seen a more privileged player in my life. Its incredible.

He's not an egomaniac. He was misled by Rex Ryan. He could have gone to Jacksonville, but chose New York because of talks he had with Ryan. He thought he would get a chance to be the starter if Sanchez struggled. Well, needless to say, Sanchez has been terrible, yet Tebow, who was the backup all year, was jumped on the depth chart by the third string guy. Pretty ****ty, right?

Now, I'm not excusing him for not wanting to play today, but I can fully understand his frustration. He knows he wasn't gonna start today, and would be in Jacksonville next year, so why would he risk getting hurt for a team that ****ted on him?

I would like nothing more than to see the guy go to Jacksonville and have some more of that Denver magic. Guy deserves another shot at starting. He's a good dude. Don't understand all the hate.

That's what it comes down to me too. Why tell him you want him on your squad, then do everything in your power to avoid playing him?

Granted, quitting is never, ever okay. Weak and pathetic move by him, based on the limited information I've consumed.

In the end, he'll end up in Jacksonville, literally the only team that would want him at this point. I wonder if KC some how wins this week and Jacksonville loses, that will get them the #1 over all pick, which I'm guessing would go towards Geno Smith.

];9351039']That's what it comes down to me too. Why tell him you want him on your squad' date=' then do everything in your power to avoid playing him?[/quote']

the thing is, when was this all promised? From Ryan's actions when Tebow was signed, it was never clear he really wanted him.

And Tebow has apparently stunk it up in practice. Why should he be excused for how poorly he practices?

the thing is, when was this all promised? From Ryan's actions when Tebow was signed, it was never clear he really wanted him.

And Tebow has apparently stunk it up in practice. Why should he be excused for how poorly he practices?

Why trade for a guy you have no intention of playing or giving a fair shot at a job?

Tebow always stunk it up in practice. In 2011, Tebow was penciled in as the starter, and the Broncos were all set to trade Orton to Miami. Then they saw Tebow practice, panicked, and kept Orton. Everyone knows the Tebow isn't a "practice" guy. And in any event, during OTA's, minicamps and training camp, reports ere coming out that Mark Sanchez sucked too. So the Jets had two quarterbacks who both sucked in training camp, and then they both sucked during preseason. (Ironically, McElroy was the only Jets QB to lead a touchdown drive in preseason if I recall correctly.)

You don't trade a fourth round AND sixth round pick, on a team that's full of holes, when you don't have cap space, on a guy you don't plan on playing. The Jets knew what they were getting with Tebow. And they sold him on the fact that he would be given a legitimate shot to play a prominent role on the offense, even if he wasn't the quarterback. He could've gone to Jacksonville and been the starter already, but he went to the Jets because he was told he'd have a solid chance to compete for a starting job.

The Jets not using Tebow has less to do with him not lighting it up in practice and more to do with the fact that they didn't want to deal with the ****storm that would ensure if they benched Sanchez. They didn't want to hurt Sanchez' feelings. The Jets have zero accountability right now; Mark Sanchez was never in any real danger of losing his job.

They didn't even use the guy to score touchdowns. Forget Tebow running the Wildcat, screw him ever throwing it; Tim Tebow with goal to go in money, and all he has to do is run the ****ing ball. As far as I can remember, they put Tebow in the game in the game in that situation exactly once.

The Jets screwed the kid. Maybe they just wanted to move some jerseys and sell some tickets to their ugly, concrete bowl of a stadium. If they didn't want him, they shouldn't have drafted him. If he was that terrible in practice, they should've tried to trade the guy before the trade deadline and milk whatever value they could out of him.

Instead, they used him sparingly. Even with Sanchez playing himself out of a job, they wouldn't give the guy a shot, after they promised he'd be allowed to compete. And in a whole season, they gave him exactly ONE legitimate drive, and then benched him against after that.

Woody Johnson and Mike Tannebaum are the new Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato. I can't blame Tebow for basically saying screw off. He was screwed. He could be playing for an NFL team right now.

Maybe finally people will realize that Tebow is, and always has been about ONE thing - himself. The squeaky clean God fearing BS is just that - BS.

If Tebow was the religious, Godfearing, humble, hardworking role model he says he is, he would have accepted being a TE or FB or whatever it took to help the team win, long ago.

Tebow insisted on being a QB. Despite it being clear for years that he'd never be a quality starting QB in this league. He'd probably be a Pro Bowl TE or FB. But he insisted on being a QB.

Your definition of religious is so warped it's pretty funny.

Please explain how Christianity says that Tebow should have been a TE or FB.

Archived