Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Im really nervous about next week.

Qdeathstar

If we lose to a the Eagles; then we don't belong in the playoffs. You never discount a divisional opponent but if the Redskins do their job, the Eagles should lose.

The scary game is the following week when everything is on the line against the Boys. Will we rise to the occasion or will that game go down as another heartbreaking loss to the Boys. Even more so this time, since the playoffs will be on the line.

I would treat this game the same way we did with the Browns. A team that deserves our respect but that we should beat. It doesn't really matter what we think, anyways... it's the guys in that locker room and in those headsets.

i think the guys in this locker room leading with #10 refuse to lose so while I'm always one to heir on the side of caution when it comes giving this team praise, but for some reason this team feeeels oh so different

They didn't look past the Browns. They won't look past the Eagles. These dudes get it now. If we do lose, it will be because we made a ton of mistakes, turning the ball over, etc. It won't be because they looked past them.

Exactly. This team has been laser focused and are not hot-headed or full of themselves. They don't have those type of guys anymore that would do that. The guys on both sides of the ball understand the importance of execution and make sure it's done on every single play. I expect that on Sunday and hopefully the result will be the same as it has been recently.

The ONLY thing making me nervous about this game is the patch-work o-line we might have to send out there. However, I think Griff will be back so I'm not overly concerned about the line.

I confidently expect to win.

RG3 makes our line look pro bowl week in and week out. We always get at least 1 meatball on Sean O Hara's best O-Lines on NFL Network. That said, I think Polumbus passes the concussion test, and if not, how much worse can his back up be? Only other concern is Monty. We may only lose one starter.

Eagles are better then the first time we played them. But isn't it fun to feel nervous about a game THIS late in the season instead of talking replacing staff and looking forward to the draft?

true that... I watch every Skins game every year, but usually I have a more disconnected feel by this time of year. Watching the Browns score a TD angered me... last season at this time, watching a team score a TD was like whatever... same old story. But at the same time, I've begun to hold this team to a higher expectation. The Eagles are not a team we should lose to. As a matter of fact, they shouldn't even be close... we need to put them away early and leave any hope of them playing spoiler in the dust.

Ive been reading a lot of these threads lately and it really feels like everyone is assuming we beat the eagles.

Sure they look horrible, but even when we were 5 - 11 division games were close and theres no reason to believe that the eagles wont put up a fight, especially with a rookie quarterback with something to prove. A few bad calls or defensive missteps could put us out of the playoff race.

We're gonna feel really gross if we wake up monday morning with an L.

I mean no vick, desean jackson, maclin, mccoy and more injuries on the O-line, saddled with a defense thats been playing terribly the last few weeks.

I just don't see this being a close game. I think we win in the same fashion we won last time.

Eagles are better then the first time we played them. But isn't it fun to feel nervous about a game THIS late in the season instead of talking replacing staff and looking forward to the draft?

The last time we played the eagles they had Maclin and Mccoy, with a healthier O-line.

How are they better now?

Haven't been anything but expectant the last 3 weeks.

That's not going to change the next 2.

No fears at all about Sunday. The Eagles are a shambolic mess. They'd quit on the year the first time we played them. And the Walrus is a dead coach walking who knows he won't be back there next year. I'm expecting a Browns like victory. But with Philthy scoring less than the Browns.

A NO's win would be the real bonus from this coming weekend. Redskins/ Cowboys is always unpredictable, when the form book goes out of the window and ANYTHING can happen. So Dallas being a game down going into the final week and unable to surpass us with a win would be just perfect.

As for the Eagles ..... are we at 9-6 already? ;)

Hail.

Archived