Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get your butts to Fedex on 12/30 (WE WANT DALLAS!!)

pez

Now I love the redskins as much as anyone but my mind is still boggled by the ticket prices. This is a HUUUUUGE game but it still sorta amazing to see prices that are 5-6x face value. I guess some people are buying them? I've went on stubhub and did the 'pretend to sell' thing and some people are buying the high prices, although most of the sales are for considerably less than what people have them online for. I'm wondering who is paying 400+ for an upper level seat to a regular season game?? I guess you could think of it as a de facto playoff game cause essentially we may very well have to win to get in unless other things go our way so you could really pretend this is the playoffs cause in a way it is... but its still a regular season game. If we make the playoffs then I'll fork over whatever I have to, to be there.

Last year I wanted to see NFL playoff football in person so I went to the ravens - texans divisional playoff game 14 rows from the field in the end zone and paid $220. Most prices were around 220-300 bucks. I shouldn't be able to pay half the price for a PLAYOFF game wayyyyy closer in than a regular season game. Now of course the price was affected that no one really cared about the texans (vs patriots or steelers) but still, my point is that I can't believe the prices ive been seeing, I've seen obstructed view seats listed for $500 hahaha. Why would I want to sit behind a pillar or can't see half the screen for $500??

Anyways, god bless those who are forking over the money. I may have to watch this one from home. Only thing I've noticed is there are not that many seats for sale in general, only 1k on stubhub and seems to be less than 1k on ticketmaster. Hopefully most redskins sth are just going to the game and will represent.

HTTR

You have a lot of different factors involved in this. This is a legenday rivalry, it's for the NFC East, and the Redskins have the chance to do something they haven't don in a LONG TIME (win the division). That's going to inflate the prices. If they make the playoffs, no way tickets will go for as low as $200 because it would be the first home playoff game since 1999-2000.

Yeah, its probably mostly people who bought the tickets early like me, and now are reselling them for serious money.. Its hard for me to see sth selling his tickets which. Cost him 2500 to the biggest game of the season for 900, that math doesn't add up..

I got 3 tickets in 301 for 1000 dollars at the beginning of the season, but now i could sell them for like 2200... Makes since, but no way in hell im missing this game..

Also, I'm sure some people are selling now for playoff games..

You know, this makes a lot of sense. I was a capitals season ticket holder for 3 years and I would never sell my playoff tickets. It's a little different because there are several games so you can still see one and sell others but overall when you are a season ticket holder you pay a lot of money for the opportunity to see huge games like this without having to pay insane prices for them. The small amount of money you'd get relative to your overall season price usually doesnt make it worth it. So besides those who sell most of their tickets every year regardless, you're right. its probably mostly people reselling. People who have season tickets and love the redskins are most likely going to the game themselves.

FWIW I would pay 300 for a LL ticket. I understand the other playoff tickets I had gotten for Ravens when I just wanted to see football was probably also a lot cheaper because it wasn't a big novelty that they were in the playoffs. They did it regularly sorta like how the caps eventually were regularly in the playoffs so people aren't going to pay an insane price for something they see as having many opportunities to go to.

Big snowstorm might actually help lower prices as many may choose not to go or brave the elements. I'll be watching up through Saturday to ssee what happens.

Storm is scheduled for Saturday. Sunday is supposed to sunny and 40 dropping to low 30s to high 20s. Trust me, keeping a close eye on the weather. Gotta know whether to bring my polar suit or not!

Clearly, you have never stood in front of me. No need to stand when we are on offense.

If it's 3rd or 4th down, or we're close to the endzone I'll stand up (at the same time saying "c'mon" in a low tone)... ESPECIALLY in this game.

You want to sit down during those times that's your choice.

Everyone in the lower end zones, PLEASE do not chant RG3!, RG3! when we are on offense and in the red zone.

Exactly!! This cannot be overstated. Why does it seem like we always get so loud when the offense is on the field & not loud enough when the defense is out there?!!

I was at the Monday night Giants game & I watched Pierre Garcon try his best to silence the crowd from the huddle only to watch the crowd get louder...but the worst part is, the harder he tried, the more rowdy the crowd became:doh: I mean it's really embarrassing & it must be super frustrating to the players because I know it is for me.

EDIT: I know somebody will blame this on the opposing fans but honestly, it was more so our own fans than theirs.

I fully expect a 1980's style "We Want Dallas" chant to be rolling at least a half hour before the game! When they are announcing the Cowboys payers we need to be rocking the chant so loud that they can't hear their own names!

I am traveling from LA to DC for my 3rd game of the season and am thinking of sticking around for a playoff game if the Skins crush it the way I believe we can!

"WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS, WE WANT DALLAS!!!!!!!"

Exactly!! This cannot be overstated. Why does it seem like we always get so loud when the offense is on the field & not loud enough when the defense is out there?!!

I was at the Monday night Giants game & I watched Pierre Garcon try his best to silence the crowd from the huddle only to watch the crowd get louder...but the worst part is, the harder he tried, the more rowdy the crowd became:doh: I mean it's really embarrassing & it must be super frustrating to the players because I know it is for me.

EDIT: I know somebody will blame this on the opposing fans but honestly, it was more so our own fans than theirs.

What needs to happen is the Redskins need to have a press release to the fans/season ticket holders addressing silence on offense. I think Denver did that when Peyton Manning came into town.

Definetly our fans, it happens every home game. People need to realize that in between plays, RG3 is trying to get the play from the sideline, set up the formation, get players in the right spots, etc. Let them march down the field and go nuts after we score. (after singing HTTR of course)

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 04:42 PM ----------

What needs to happen is the Redskins need to have a press release to the fans/season ticket holders addressing silence on offense. I think Denver did that when Peyton Manning came into town.

You would think the huge "Quiet Offense at work" images on the jumbotrons would be a hint on what to do. It may come down to your idea though....

wpns3/5 beat me to it. IF ten foot high letters saying "QUIET OFFENSE AT WORK" is not enough, then there is no solution. I happen to believe the Redskins have some of the dumbest fans in the NFL. Too many simply do not understand football etiquette. This is partly, maybe entirely, because so many STHs sell their tickets to newbies, wannabes, and stupid drunks who are attending the game for themselves rather than as die hard fans. Hopefully, as the team improves, more STHs will keep their tickets and attend games. I think regular attending STHs will be football smarter than the tens of thousands of casual fans the Redskins attract now.

Archived