Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most desired/Least desired playoff matchups

hail2skins

I do hope the Steelers kick that horse shoe out the Cowboys ass!

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 07:15 PM ----------

Dude, I'd rather play the Patriots (i know that's not possible lol) than the Seahawks right now...Good Lord
Maybe it's the Redskins who bring the Seahawks back to earth. We are red hot as well!

I am not too worried about Seattle...

Let's see the, go against a legit team next week and see what happens.... I could see them beating 49ers but they are not going to be looking world beaters when they are not playing the cardinals and bills,,,

The team I would to avoid is GB and Falcons due to their passing game....

Dude, I'd rather play the Patriots (i know that's not possible lol) than the Seahawks right now...Good Lord

I know right. They're whupping weaker teams, but still. 50+ points two weeks in a row? That's just terrifying. We certainly can beat them, but I'm getting the feeling it's a "can" in the same way we "can" beat the Patriots or Green Bay.

I'm kind of hoping San Fran stumbles and ends up a wild card. Them, NYG, Bears, Vikings, or Dallas at home would all be preferable to Seahawks right now.

It would be nice to take on Seattle at home and avenge our 2005 and 2007 playoff losses. Though it's one hell of a tough matchup. When's the last time two rookie QBs squared off in the postseason?

I feel like we also match up well with the 49ers. Would hope to avoid the Packers' and Falcons' potent passing offenses at all costs.

Though it's a bit surreal even contemplating this question

Actually last year, I think Dalton vs TJ Yates..

If we do play Seattle, we will have them at home if they are a wild card.

Having them away from Qwest is SIGNIFICANTLY better since they're like 7-0 at home and like 2-5 away or something like that.

But yes, I don't want to play them

The Bears is probably the best matchup for us at the moment, especially with the injuries they have on defense.

Great point. Because we are discussing this in mid-December' date=' this season should be considered a success and one to build on...but for now, it's not enough. I wanna win the division.[/quote']

I'm with you. It reminds me of the season my Orioles had. I was tickled that their games mattered in June, then July, then August...once I got there, I was going to be a little disappointed if they didn't get to the post season. Once they clinched the play in game at Texas, I wanted a full series. I kept getting more and more selfish.

The difference is that I truly believe that we are just scratching the surface of the Redskins. If we fall a game or two short this year, we have every reason to believe we will be right back in the mix for the next decade. Today confirmed to me that we are more than RG3. We are finally a good, young team!

I've been running the playoff machine on espn and I would HATE the matchup against SF. They have a brutal defense and a dangerous offense. I would also hate the most likely scenario which would have the Skins at home vs. the Giants. Something about the Giants in recent years in the playoffs make that undesirable. There is another that would have the Skins play the Hawks but that could be interesting too. And finally the bears. I think I like the skins bears if their defense plays poorly.

I'm reading everyone's post regarding Seattle and yes they are hot right now but they played the Cardinals who quit and it really looks like the Bills quit too. Did you see those pathetic tackle attempts?

If people don't want to face Seattle, the path of least resistance might be to root for Seattle next week, and for San Fran to lose tonight and next week.

If that happens followed by Seattle winning out, then Seattle would hop San Fran, take the 3 seed, and we'd face the 49ers at home. That's still a tough match-up though.

What would be really interesting is to see the 49ers who have been trying out parts of our offense, face up against our defense, that is probably well versed in, at least conceptually, defending the read option.

If the 49ers win tonight though, then there's probably a 90% chance we'll be seeing Seattle, regardless of what happens next week.

And of course, this is all contingent on us winning out.

I know my long term perspective defeats the purpose and I know that if we make it I will change my attitude, but any positive playoff result would be gravy to me.

I think I'd like to avoid the two West teams. I think we can play with everyone else.

I'm watching the 49ers right now, and boy they look awfully sloppy to me. (edit: maybe spoke too soon, but they missed several opportunities early in this one).

Seattle scares me though.

Right now I'm with you, just hoping we get there, but when and if we do I will be worried about this.

According to the graphic on NFL.com, the Vikings are currently the 6 seed. That would be my preferred opponent at home.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

AP is going nuts right now, could very well break Dickerson's record this season, not sure I want to have to stop him.

Of course now that I think about it, any team that makes the playoffs will obviously present major challenges, and we did find a way to beat them once already.

I'm really just hoping we beat Philly right now. Don't want to put the cart before the horse here.

Archived