Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irrelevant power ranking nonsense

benskins26

Am I the only one who laughed and saw the bright side of this? Prisco must be bleeding from eyes at seeing the Skins resurgence, and the thought of years to come? He'll have to eat his own face just to take his mind off of it, g'head, drop us another spot after "only" beating the Browns ................

Am I the only one who laughed and saw the bright side of this? Prisco must be bleeding from eyes at seeing the Skins resurgence, and the thought of years to come? He'll have to eat his own face just to take his mind off of it, g'head, drop us another spot after "only" beating the Browns ................

He's the guy who predicted 2 wins for us, and 13 for the Giants. He's pissed that we're so good. Someone get him a tampon.

He's the guy who predicted 2 wins for us...

I thought it was Don Banks, but I was wrong. Prisco predicted 3-13 (I know... big difference): http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19640727/predicting-every-game-pats-go-16-0-lose-in-super-bowl;

It was ESPN Mag that predicted us to be 2-14 (and their great predicting machine):

http://vegaswatch.net/2012/08/holy-cow-thats-bad-way-of-doing-it.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VegasWatch+%28Vegas+Watch%29

Look at that... Green Bay is undefeated. Prisco and ESPN... what's the difference, right?

i used to get upset over this sort of thing, & i won't give you the whole irrelevant schpiel, but i'm at the point now where i actually enjoy being short-changed on a weekly basis. i feel that it gives us an edge & i don't really want us to be fawned over too much anyways. it can also go a long way to keeping guys humble in the locker room if we keep getting the "Redskins are playing well & pushing for the playoffs.......but, i take the Browns to win this week, etc."

i dunno...i'd rather this be the case then over-ranking us like the Cowpukes (despite possibly loosing Dez) & drawing the ire of the football Gods.

in the long run...would make for a great underdog story, no doubt. let the haters eat crow when we prove it to them.

Finally... one who has us above the Colts. Week 14? Team of... density?

it's a Back to the Future reference. At one point in the movie, George McFly is trying to ask Lorraine out to the dance...and he states (as he reads from his notes) "You are my density....oh I mean my destiny."

Yes I'm ****ing old, and I've seen that movie a thousand times. :ols:

Edit: Nevermind on the old part, I see you are 56. :silly:

It was written by Pete Prisco. He's a huge Skins hater.

I think he was on Lavar and Dukes a moment ago ranting about how RG3 would eventually have to play QB for real and stay in the pocket. I'm not 100% sure it was him. He also claimed that the Redskins offense was a gimmick like the wild cat and that RG3 rarely had to read the defense and throw into a tight window.

I'm not usually a media hater but I would have thrown my drink at that guy had I been in the audience.

it's a Back to the Future reference. At one point in the movie, George McFly is trying to ask Lorraine out to the dance...and he states (as he reads from his notes) "You are my density....oh I mean my destiny."

Yes I'm ****ing old, and I've seen that movie a thousand times. :ols:

Edit: Nevermind on the old part, I see you are 56. :silly:

:ols: I thought George McFly sounded familiar. Thought he was just another sportswriter. :pfft:

I liked BTTF and II... just never bothered to see either one again since. Thanx! :)

Yeah it is certainly an odd ranking, has to be for rg3's health. We beat 5th ranked ravens, steelers lose to, at the time, 23rd ranked SD, and yet they stay ahead of us? I understand they beat us early in the season, but we beat Dallas, Giants, and Ravens and we're still well behind them.

Meh, chalk this one up to speculation over an injury more than anything else.

Archived