Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Irrelevant power ranking nonsense

benskins26

I suspect it has to do with Griffin being hurt. That would hurt our "power" rankings. However, Dallas' rise is a bit silly.

That's great in theory but using that same logic..... If Dez Bryant is done for the season doesn't that knock dallass back down?

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 02:00 AM ----------

On B/R we're like #14. That clown says something like all we can do is hope things go in our favor. Meanwhile the same joker gives dallass rave reviews. Even goes as far as to say they have a relatively easy schedule to end the season on.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 02:08 AM ----------

On B/R we're like #14. That clown says something like all we can do is hope things go in our favor. Meanwhile the same joker gives dallass rave reviews. Even goes as far as to say they have a relatively easy schedule to end the season on.

Prisco hates the Skins. And he hates our quarterback. And he hates the fans, since they slammed him on Twitter after he said something stupid over the weekend.

For what it's worth...

ESPN: # 12: (+2)

Huffington Post: # 11 (+2)

Brian Billick/Fox Sports: #11 (+3)

Eliot Harrison/NFL.com: 14 (No Change)

USA Today: #12 (+2)

WalterFootball: #10 (+1)

SBNation: #10 (+4)

New York Daily News: #11 (+3)

So even if power rankings mattered, which they don't, Prisco's ranking would be considered an outlier.

So, after this weekend we should expect Prisco to drop the Skins to #20 and Dallas to jump up to the Top 5, right?

Can't wait to see what he has to say this week. :rolleyes:

He'll rank the Giants and Cowboys ahead of us. Watch.

I asked him on twitter yesterday how far he would drop the Redskins after yesterdays win. His response?

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@Rypien1191 Who cares?

He also has multiple tweets calling people "morons" and telling them to "shutup".

Real mature and professional. I'd advise to only read him if you wanted a laugh.

I asked him on twitter yesterday how far he would drop the Redskins after yesterdays win. His response?

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@Rypien1191 Who cares?

He also has multiple tweets calling people "morons" and telling them to "shutup".

Real mature and professional. I'd advise to only read him if you wanted a laugh.

Can you post a link?

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@Rypien1191 Who cares?

LOL! He's so bitter. I love it.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@Rypien1191 Who cares?

He doesn't care that people are reading his column?

He should probably quit then.

This is way late to the party but the Chargers SB Nation site (Bolts from the Blue) does a nice consensus and analysis of the most popular Power Rankings. http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2012/12/12/3760510/2012-nfl-power-rankings-consensus-week-15

The average increase for our beloved Skins was 2.525 spots using subjective sources (i.e. ESPN, NFL, PFT) and 1.125 spots using objective sources (i.e. Football Outsiders).

Compare that to the Cowboys who had an average subjective increase of 2.564 and an objective increase of 2.750.

This makes Prisco way off them mark and it is shown as an outlier in the charts.

It will be interesting to see where we are after our win against the Browns.

Archived