Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants are signing RB Ryan Torain! Can it be a factor against the Redskins?

Main-Maine

Pfft, Ryan is Shanahans boy, if I were Coughlin I would be more worried about what the all Torrain vehicle is gonna leak back our way than vice versa.

That said I imagine he does get a few carries this week filling in for Brown, I think the Giants are comfortable with the role Wilson is in right now and wont want to mix things up unless they have to.

;9288261']I think Torrain was signed to get the short yards like Brown did. Brown was the goal line back and I think that is what Torrain will do.

Of course' date=' the Giants signed Kregg Lumpkin or however you spell it too.[/quote']

Torrain is not a good short yardage/goal line back - if thats what they expect from him they will be disappointed. He had his moments here but was tentative with his cuts and showed poor vision for the cut back and both of those things will get you cut in the stretch running scheme we run.

I'm not concerned about him. The offense is completely different. If he's in the game then the giants are already in trouble. I actually prefer his downhill running style as opposed to Bradshaw's shiftyness and speed. Our front seven has been stout against the run and I expect them to continue it.

1) The Redskins signed a Giants' practice squad QB before a game versus them during the Zorn years. Point is that it happens all the time.

2) Ryan Torain has no idea about this offense right now. As far as the defense goes, who doesn't have the intel on how to embarrass them?

3) Ryan Torain doesn't even know the Giants offense yet since he just signed, so he more than likely will be inactive or if he is active, "may" get 1 or 2 carries at the most.

Link: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/27/new-york-giants-sign-rb-ryan-torain-after-andre-brown-breaks-leg/

I'm trying to figure out why does Tom Coughlin :evil: always adds an ex Redskins player prior to a game vs the Redskins. I wonder if he's trying to gain some competitive advantage.

I just hope Ryan doesn't open up the run game for the Giants, because that's the only thing that's good about our defense. If the Giants can continually get 3 or 4 yards I expect a long day for our skins. :(

What do you guys think?

We run an entirely different offense from last year, so I don't think it helps them.

;9288746']A fumble machine? Really? He fumbled one time. Or did I miss a few?
Watched the kid at VA TECH he is a fumbler. Maybe only 1 this season but it was a big one and he hasent had many carries. I live in Northern VA and saw alot of his VA Tech games Tom he was known to fumble alot.

Heres an article about it

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybittervirginiatechfootball/2012/04/18/mel-kiper-jr-fumbling-issues-biggest-knock-on-david-wilson-heading-into-nfl-draft/

I get sick of hearing the whole "he's brought in for intel" junk... unless he was cut by us today and signed with NY tomorrow, then no one has any idea what our gameplan is. Hence, why gameplans are made and changed week to week... Screw the Giants... They got lucky the first time and now it's payback!

Plus... I have a wager on this game with a smoking hot lady friend. If/when we win, I'll be off this board for a few days if you catch my drift.

This is the new generation of Redskins with RG3... no longer need to make excuses before the games even been played... Eli's the poster child for a Melwood commercial and his reign stops here!

I dislike the Giants very much, so I will turn a blind eye and just assume they are up to no good.

That being said, I doubt there's much he will be able to provide intel-wise, and playing-wise. The only skins I have ever known to really say they would give up some kind of intel are Lavar and Devin.

Archived