Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants are signing RB Ryan Torain! Can it be a factor against the Redskins?

Main-Maine

Link: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/27/new-york-giants-sign-rb-ryan-torain-after-andre-brown-breaks-leg/

I'm trying to figure out why does Tom Coughlin :evil: always adds an ex Redskins player prior to a game vs the Redskins. I wonder if he's trying to gain some competitive advantage.

I just hope Ryan doesn't open up the run game for the Giants, because that's the only thing that's good about our defense. If the Giants can continually get 3 or 4 yards I expect a long day for our skins. :(

What do you guys think?

My only worry with Torrain is, the guy RUNS soooo hard when he comes off an injury or he's been out a while. Then he fades. God he was beast on some runs.

That's what my point is exactly. Torrain had plenty of time to get better, and could be a difference maker.

If Eli can have a down hill runner then it will take pressure off him. I want nothing but pressure on Eli shoulders.

I don't know, because Torrain can move the pile. Torrain is also harder to bring down.

:ols: No offense, MM, but that would require Torrain staying healthy, something he has proven he can't do. :pfft: Otherwise, he is still a powerful runner. Not worried about this at all. I would be more worried about Wilson than Torrain. In fact, when is the last time Torrain actually played in an NFL game. He had his moments in DC, but he proved that for his tough running that he is also fragile in taking hits (as evidences by his injury situations). I'm not concerned about him as much as I am the passing game. Keep in mind that even though our defense sucks so much ass covering the pass that I feel confident my son's Junior team can pick em apart, our run D is damned good and Torrain doesn't scare me at all. ;)

Eh, it's a different offense in 2012. I'm not sure how much intel Torain can bring Coughlin.

I agree with that, but Torrain was drafted by Mike (if I'm not mistaken) and is familiar with his offense. The reason it didn't work with Shannahan was because Torrain couldn't stay healthy.

I'm may be paranoid, but it just seems like Coughlin always does this before the Redskins meet.

Eh, it's a different offense in 2012. I'm not sure how much intel Torain can bring Coughlin.

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to say this.

As far as him giving intel, he is useless; this isn't the same offense he was in. Besides, New York won't be running that much when they have that secondary to feast on :doh:

I think its a factor because we could use him as depth more than they need him as the same. Our depth is about as thin as I have ever seen a skins backfield. Can you recall one thinner?

I was thinking it would be wise if we brought him in for a look a few weeks back, once I saw our Royster led attack completely punked week after week, play action laughed at, 3rd down inefficiencies for some reason were a mystery.

Royster has only been a 3rd back and done poorly at that. He does not run the ball. Thus we are extremely dependent on Morris to run. But most importantly, to pass, via play action.

If you think Torain couldn't learn a few run plays in a week, or fake taking a few handoffs, I call bunk, and wonder how you grade his ability to learn something he has been doing his entire adult life under a coach he has played for 3 times.

Archived