Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Funny ARTICLES Not Worth Their Own Thread

Jumbo

Body Integrity Identity Disorder: I Blinded Myself Because I Was Meant To Be Disabled

Jewel, 30, from North Carolina, USA, has Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID), a condition in which able-bodied people believe they are meant to be disabled. 

Her need to lose her sight was so strong that in 2006 she decided to blind herself - by having a sympathetic assistant pour DRAIN CLEANER into her eyes. 

According to Jewel, her fascination with blindness began early in childhood. 

She said: "When I was young my mother would find me walking in the halls at night, when I was three or four years old. 

"By the time I was six I remember that thinking about being blind made me feel comfortable." 

As a child she would spend hours staring at the sun, watching sunspots and solar storms, after her mother told her it would damage her eyes.

Determined to make her dream a reality, Jewel found a psychologist willing to help her become blind - an act which she compares to a deaf person wanting to get a cochlear implant. 

The psychologist put in numbing eyedrops - acquired by Jewel during a special visit to Canada - and then a couple of drops of drain cleaner in each eye. 

Jewel said: "It hurt, let me tell you. My eyes were screaming and I had some drain cleaner going down my cheek burning my skin.

"But all I could think was 'I am going blind, it is going to be okay.'"

Click on the link for the full article

Reminiscent of what happened at the Willis Tower:

Tourists are left screaming in terror after a brand new glass-bottom walkway CRACKS under their feet at 3,540 ft high in China

A group of Chinese tourists were left screaming in terror yesterday on the side of a 3,540 ft high cliff after a glass pane on a new transparent walkway suddenly shattered.

A visitor posted pictures of what she claimed was the cracked glass on Chinese social media. She said she could feel the shake under her feet the moment when the glass broke, reported People's Daily Online.

The U-shaped platform is attached to a cliff face on Yuntai Mountain, Henan Province, and opened to the public on September 20. Authorities have confirmed the incident and closed the tourist attraction for repair works.

Imagine that you're walking here...

2D22541900000578-0-image-a-1_14441270837

when the glass cracks...

2D251AD100000578-3261778-image-a-79_1444

Harvard's prestigious debate team loses to New York prison inmates

Months after winning a national title, Harvard’s debate team has fallen to a group of New York prison inmates.

The showdown took place at the Eastern correctional facility in New York, a maximum-security prison where convicts can take courses taught by faculty from nearby Bard College, and where inmates have formed a popular debate club. Last month they invited the Ivy League undergraduates and this year’s national debate champions over for a friendly competition.

A three-judge panel concluded that the Bard team had raised strong arguments that the Harvard team had failed to consider and declared the team of inmates victorious.

Maxi Pad bandit foiled despite fiendishly clever disguise

A man accused of robbing an auto parts store in Apple Valley, California, has been arrested despite disguising his face by strategically putting a maxi pad over his eyes.

Surveillance video, taken around 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 28, shows a man with a feminine hygiene taped on his head, using a piece of wood to break the glass front door of a Battery Mart and slip inside the store, according to Victor Valley News.

The suspect stole several battery chargers and flashlights before fleeing the scene in a white 1992 Dodge Dynasty.

When Battery Mart owner Mark Wedell saw the video, he immediately noticed something about the burglar.

“Right away everybody started saying we should call this guy the maxi pad bandit,” Wedell told NBC Los Angeles. “We had a pretty good picture of his face 'cause he came to the store the first time and looked in the window without his maxi pad on.”

“But when he came back and he had the maxi pad over his eyes, I guess he thought it was going to take care of everything."

5612b00b1800002e00dc1293.png

Complete with surveillance video

~Bang

Man tries to put out garbage fire by driving over it in a van loaded with ammunition

A Clay County sheriff’s deputy retreated to a safe distance from a van burning in a field Tuesday afternoon after he heard the sound of live ammunition going off inside it.

The deputy found the van burning near Old State Highway 210 and Bluff Road, south of Liberty, about 2:30 p.m., said Jon Bazzano, a spokesman for the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. The deputy had been in the middle of a traffic stop when he saw black smoke on the horizon and headed that way to investigate.

Eventually, the deputy found the owner of the vehicle watching the fire from a distance.

The deputy learned that the owner had been burning garbage in the field and accidentally let the fire get out of control. In an attempt to put the fire out, he drove his van back and forth over the flames.

This made matters worse, as the tires of the van caught fire. Realizing that the van was loaded with firearms ammunition and a full tank of gas, the driver evacuated the area for safety.

Edited by China

BIRD BRAIN! Man Cuts Off Ears To Look More Like His Parrot

562114831200002e007e54a2.jpeg

This was no fly-by-night decision.

Ted Richards loves his parrots so much that he had his face and eyeballs tattooed to look more them. 

If that wasn't bird-brained enough, the 56-year-old resident of Bristol, England, went even further by having his ears removed in a six-hour operation.

"I think it looks really great. I love it. It's the best thing that has happened to me. I am so happy it's unreal, I can't stop looking in the mirror," Richards told South West News Service. "I've done it because I want to look like my parrots as much as possible. I've had my hair long for so many years my ears have been covered up."

Man Busted For Wiping Butt With Summons New Jerseyan, 45, indicted on throwing bodily fluid charge

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/new-jersey-butt-wiping-786493

According to the indictment filed last week, Greenwood was issued a summons by Lieutenant John Insabella following his release from police custody (Greenwood had been cited for threatening an assault).

Upon receipt of the summons, Greenwood placed the document “between his butt cheeks” and began “wiping the paper in an upward and downward motion,” prosecutors allege. He then threw the summons “in the direction” of Insabella.

GENIUS IDEA: Florida man's invention addresses the plight of large male genitalia

If the boastful claims of more than a few local construction workers, civic leaders, baptist pastors, boat captains, local sports heroes, and movie directors are true, then the need for a male "sanitary shield" is real. In a place where even a popular brunch dish brags of being "cojonudo," it's hardly a surprise an enterprising mind would eventually create a product that capitalizes on Miami's testicular exuberance.

Enter Vladimir Laurent. The Coral Springs insurance executive received a patent Tuesday for a device meant to prevent men's genitalia from touching the bottom of the toilet bowl. Laurent is now the proud holder of U.S. Patent # 9,145,667 B1, which protects the intellectual property for a "toilet sanitary shield for male genitalia." According to the anatomically, er, correct drawings submitted with the patent application, the device is basically a plastic cup that holds hanging body parts up and away from the bottom of a toilet bowl when squatting. The cup is attached to a suction mechanism that keeps it in place and can rotate through the clever use of a ball-and-socket joint.

Click on the link for more (including a diagram)

Cops: Astor man told deputies he is creator, owns world

An Astor man was arrested this morning after telling deputies that he was "the creator and owned the world," a Lake County Sheriff's Office arrest affidavit states.

While on patrol, a deputy noticed Allen Ramsey, 61, hiding in a bush on the north side of State Road 40, deputies said. The deputy sheriff said Ramsey was watching a worker at the Kangaroo Express, 24421 State Road 40, pick up garbage outside the store, so the deputy asked Ramsey to come out of the bushes, the report states.

Ramsey tried to hide himself better, but finally came out of the bush, the deputy said.

Ramsey was asked what he was doing, and said "I am the creator and it's none of your business," the report states.

When asked who he was, Ramsey replied "I am the Alpha and the Omega, look it up," the report states.

253x450.jpg

What God may look like

Tarleton State Professor's Bizarre Resignation

Tarleton State University, in Stephenville, Texas, says that it followed proper procedures in the events leading up to the resignation of Jeff William Justice, a former assistant professor of social science accused of performing a self-mutilation-based ritual in front of students. “Tarleton’s highest priority is the welfare of our students,” Cecilia Jacobs, a university spokeswoman, said via email. “These allegations were taken seriously and an investigation was promptly launched, during which time Dr. Justice was placed on administrative leave. In the midst of the investigation, Dr. Justice offered his resignation and it was accepted.”

The university had no additional comment on the allegations, but Inside Higher Ed obtained a campus police report. It is based on a complaint from a single student who says that Justice invited several students to his home and drank alcohol with them before complaining that he was sore from hanging by spikes in his chest from a tree branch in order to pray to the sun. He allegedly hung from the tree twice before the students left.

Richard Harris approves:

d1b7b2e163e82df58cd7d9f91e256178.jpg

Not really funny, except maybe as in the odd kind of funny:

Neighbor Upset With Noisy Kids Allegedly Sent Family Note to Say "The Children Look Delicious"

Police say that a 38-year-old woman has admitted to sending a series of anonymous threats to a family in Champlin, Minnesota, CBS Minnesota reports. The first threat came in the form of a note in the mail that read, “The children look delicious. May I have a taste?”

Carrie Pernula was arrested Friday and may face charges of gross misdemeanor terroristic threats and stalking, CBS reports. Police said she was upset because the family’s two elementary school-age children were noisy and left stuff in her yard.

1484563614887895698.jpg

After the note in the mail, the woman started sending the family magazine subscriptions. “Instead of a name on the address label it said things like ‘tasty children’ along those lines,” Champlin Deputy Police Chief Ty Schmidt said.

• Like 2

This Cheeky Dessert Poops Out Of Its Butt

Everyone poops. Even a cute little dessert. 

At a Sanrio-themed pop-up cafe in Hong Kong's YATA grocery store, a character called Gudetama does its business, Mashable reports. You poke it, give it a squeeze, and out comes you-know.

giphy.gif

MentalFloss also pointed out this amazing front feature:

giphy.gif

Click on the link for more

• Like 1

I'm sure those of you on the Facebooks with librul have seen posts from Humans of New York. 

Now comes Millenials of New York: https://www.facebook.com/millennialsofnyc

"Being stylish isn't easy. One month I spent so much on mustache wax and pomade that I could barely afford to buy ketamine. I decided to grow a beard, to save money, but by the time it was long enough to stick flowers in that trend had already passed. Last year, I got the haircut that Brad Pitt had in that movie about that war. But then all of a sudden every article on the Internet was about how guys with man buns are the hottest people in the whole world. So I grew out my hair. Unfortunately, everyone forgot to mention that a man bun only makes you look hot if you already looked like Brad Pitt to begin with. I just look like an off-duty tap dance instructor."

12027147_1624835344435474_51194396070217

Edited by Corcaigh

Chewbacca campaigns for Darth Vader in Ukraine, gets handcuffed by police (VIDEO)
https://www.rt.com/news/319631-ukraine-election-chewbacca-detained/

Sunday it seems is not the best day for calls to join the dark side in Ukraine, as the country goes to polls and any campaigning is forbidden. Chewbacca felt the harshness of the law as police handcuffed the growling creature in the country’s south.

The detaining of the hairy companion of smuggler-turned-hero Han Solo happened in the port city of Odessa. Chewbacca drove Darth Vader to a polling station, but police detained him for violating a law that forbids campaigning on election day. They also had issues with his failure to produce a driving license and resisting arrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6yF1N4JLY

562cd278c361882a7c8b45d9.jpg

Edited by HogNose

A Museum’s Cleaners Put A Modern Art Installation In The Bin Because They Thought It Was Rubbish

CR8T9qDWUAMjHFl.jpg

This installation was, until recently, standing in the Museion modern art gallery in Bolzano. It was a takedown of the lavish, hedonistic lifestyle enjoyed by the Italian political class in the 1980s.

It is, according to the museum’s website, “a site-specific work staging the scene after the end of a party: the perfect metaphor for the decade.” According to the artists, “the work, which is only visible when the museum is closed, from dusk till dawn, shows the aftermath of the party, the leftovers of the feast: the metaphorical tree of abundance in ruins.”

Or it was, until the museum’s cleaners put it in the bin by accident.

• Like 1

Man's drunken lake dive bursts his bladder

A day of beer and boating went sour for one young man in Maine, who ended up bursting his bladder when he dove into a lake.

The injury tore a hole in the 24-year-old's bladder wall, allowing urine to leak into his abdomen, according to a new report of the man's case.

Hitting the water with a full bladder was "the equivalent of throwing a water balloon on the sidewalk," said Dr. Bradley Gill, a resident in urology at the Cleveland Clinic who was not involved in treating the patient.

The young man's alcohol consumption likely contributed to the injury, Gill told Live Science.

"When you drink alcohol, it causes the body to produce more urine than usual, so that can potentially contribute to the bladder being full," Gill said. But drunk people don't always realize they have to pee. [7 Ways Alcohol Affects Your Health]

A full bladder, "accompanied by an inebriated individual being less aware of this fullness, can be a setup for traumatic bladder rupture," Gill said.

A jump in the lake

The man's injury came to the attention in doctors at an emergency room in Maine, where he arrived complaining of severe pain after a day at the lake. The pain had started immediately after a leap into the water, he told doctors. His abdomen was swollen and tender when doctors examined him.

The man couldn't make himself pee, and a catheter inserted into his bladder revealed urine filled with blood, doctors Matthew Opacic, Janessa Leger and George L. Higgins III, all of the Maine Medical Center in Portland, wrote in their report, published online Aug. 13 in the journal Visual Diagnosis of Emergency Medicine.

A computed tomography (CT) scan soon made the cause of the pain and blood clear: The normally smooth bladder surface looked ragged — there was a rupture in the curved top, or dome, of the organ. Surgeons operated on the patient's abdomen, found the tear and stitched it up.

Man Charged After Wanting To Sing Justin Bieber Songs At School Faces New Charges

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Police say the man who found himself in hot water after he allegedly went into Dunbar Middle School earlier Tuesday and wanted to sing Justin Bieber songs on the intercom is in trouble again for wanting to belt out some more tunes.

South Charleston police said D'laontie Dee Lewis was arrested on new charges – disorderly conduct and trespassing after he walked out of Thomas Memorial Hospital and went into Kiddie Kollege Daycare at First Church of the Nazarene and tried to sing Bieber songs again.