Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Do men think women w/ curves or a little "junk in their trunk" are sexy?

brandymac27

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

However, when the thread is a question (by a woman poster) about men's version of their ideal body type in a woman, well, that's what we are going to get in the discussion.

Plus, everyone keeps jumping on me, just because I think Olivia Wilde is sexier than Kim Kardashian.

Everyone's ideals are different. And we are highly conditioned by what we see around us. My wife is a highly competitive runner as are many of her friends that we hang out with. Through this conditioning, 'Normal' for me in a 40-something year old woman are killer legs and butt, six-pack abs and the tits (unless they've had surgery) of a skinny boy . Here's an example from a recent race ... :) (yes, it was a costumed race, or to be more specific a 'nearly naked' race as a fund raiser.

8183600608_490ea82978.jpg

I just remembered that I posted something regarding this topic a couple of months ago in the Random Thought Thread about Kate Upton...

It's stuff like this that irks me when people talk about a woman figure.

The fashion industry exists in its own disgusting little bubble certain that its imagined value justifies the terrible behavior. A great many industries are demonized that aren't nearly as bad.

Everyone's ideals are different. And we are highly conditioned by what we see around us. My wife is a highly competitive runner as are many of her friends that we hang out with. Through this conditioning, 'Normal' for me in a 40-something year old woman are killer legs and butt, six-pack abs and the tits of a skinny boy (unless they've had surgery).

I gotta tell ya, I do like that body type, and it ages really well too.

Bu you better batten down the hatches and prepare for the incoming :pooh: storm from the rest of the Tailgate :ols:

---------- Post added November-14th-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

The fashion industry exists in its own disgusting little bubble certain that its imagined value justifies the terrible behavior. A great many industries are demonized that aren't nearly as bad.

The Upton article kind of glossed over the real problem... no one could have looked good walking around in that "outfit" because it was butt-ugly (and made the butt look ugly). Upton is not my ideal body type, but she is still stunning, and anything that can make her look even remotely unattractive is some really bad fashion.

The Upton article kind of glossed over the real problem... no one could have looked good walking around in that "outfit" because it was butt-ugly (and made the butt look ugly). Upton is not my ideal body type, but she is still stunning, and anything that can make her look even remotely unattractive is some really bad fashion.

I agree ... in that outfit she appears to have enough fat for it to bunch up in a roll. And her ass and boobs are hanging out. I certainly don't buy the "30lbs too heavy line", but the outfit does look **** on her.

I like the curves. I cannot stand looking at women that are super thin. Unfortunately, this is what my wife thinks I like. She is the same size as the woman in the middle on post #95. She does not believe me when I say that I like that size. She thinks I like the super skinny women. In fact, I like the woman on the right better than the one on the left. The one on the right has a nice looking face and is confident enough to wear that outfit while her picture is taken. I like that.

I like junk in the trunk as long as it does not look like 12 cheeseburgers.

The more I work out the more I like athletic women. But, honestly, I really like a woman with a great face and great attitude. If you have those two things, I could hang out with you all day every day.

I also really like confident women. Women that lack confidence are a real turnoff for me.

I don't care about a girls race, religion, political affilation, or nationality. The only qualities I look for in a bird is nice personality; a good heart; an awesome personality; a pretty smile....and big butt! :ols:

I really don't have a favorite body preference. Oddly, I am a large guy (see code for fat) but most of the girls who have been really attracted to me have been the tall, skinny, waifish types. Girls who have bodies like Kate Moss, Rooney Mara, Crystal Reed figures. I guess there is some merit to the adage opposites attract.

Thats more like it. The typical Americans weight has ballooned so much over the last 30 years that being "average" today isnt what it once was. The diet and exercise of the average american is atrocious.

I agree. My wife, who is obviously my type, is 5'2 and weighs about 115 (a size 2-4 I think). I consider that average, but America seems to consider sizes 8-10 average.

Ok, If I told you I have the body type of the girl all the way to the left in the pic w/ the 4 women (or in the pic that I just posted the link to b/c she doesn't have clothes on), would you consider me fat or unattractive?

I thought the girl in the pic you only posted the link to was attractive I used to like thinner women, but my tastes have changed.

If you have a figure like her's, you're hot. Just don't tell my wife I said so.

So what brought this on anyway Brandy? I mean, your OP was pretty slanted, both in the way you phrased the choices and in the pictures you chose, using relatively hot bigger women vs. models that look coked out. Then later you mention that you look more like one of the women in the curvy group. Did a guy say something to you that pissed you off or something?

Fair enough. I do my best not to be "that guy" on the internet (or in the real world). Heavy women have a hell of a tough time in our society, and women who are just unattractive at any weight have it even worse.

However, when the thread is a question (by a woman poster) about men's version of their ideal body type in a woman, well, that's what we are going to get in the discussion.

Plus, everyone keeps jumping on me, just because I think Olivia Wilde is sexier than Kim Kardashian. Sue me, neither of them is realistic for the average woman. Just like I am not suddenly going to turn into George Clooney overnight. :)

This be true, you're getting picked on more than any chick in the pictures :ols:. But it's only you...so who cares?! j/k

So what brought this on anyway Brandy? I mean, your OP was pretty slanted, both in the way you phrased the choices and in the pictures you chose, using relatively hot bigger women vs. models that look coked out. Then later you mention that you look more like one of the women in the curvy group. Did a guy say something to you that pissed you off or something?

I started the thread out of curiosity, and I didn't mean for it to be slanted. LOL...and no, a guy didn't say anything that pissed me off. Personally, I am VERY comfortable with the way I look. I'm not trying to come across as arrogant, but I'm happy and very comfortable with the body I have (I think I'm sexy and to hell with everybody else :) ).

:D

Well, being considerate and not a fratboy azzhole is not just "being PC."

I prefer brunettes to blondes. Dark eyes to blue eyes. Slim rather than curvy. All that is fine. It's just how I see beauty.

But when I start talking about "sloppy fat loads, disgusting, har har beached whale chicks" then I am doing something completely different.

Remember, this is the internet, where women get held to impossible standards. A place where this person got criticized for her looks:

After she replaced this guy:

So we need to be aware of what women are up against, at least a little bit.

This is a great post.

I remember when Hillary Clinton was just lambasted by comics and media for her pant suits...

These impossible standards set forth by Hollywood, the fashion industry, airbrushing, etc. make many women insecure and much more sensitive to this topic.

Ok, I love me some curves. I love thickness. But I also love all women. It just depends on the woman in particular. Super models are often hideous to me. Cheerleaders are often right in my wheelhouse because they usually have thick thighs & backsides. Couldn't care less for big boobs (although they're nice...but not a requirement for me to be attracted. I am saying this as a married man, so that there is an understanding that while I may be on an eternal diet, happily,, I still occasionally look at the menu).

This is a great post.

I remember when Hillary Clinton was just lambasted by comics and media for her pant suits...

These impossible standards set forth by Hollywood, the fashion industry, airbrushing, etc. make many women insecure and much more sensitive to this topic.

Which pretty much goes back to what I said. Nobody likes fat girls, because they obviously don't take care of themselves, but the real problem is our shock at the body. It's okay for some fat ugly woman to surround herself with cute pics of cartoon pictures and other various artificially happy pictures, even if she is miserable and it makes her feel better, but if she looks at herself and thinks poorly and doesn't do something, it's the medias fault. Just be happy with who you are. If you're fat, change it. If you're fat and don't change it, you're lazy and a problem. Be healthy, be yourself and be happy.

I don't expect a 300 lbs woman to ever be happy with aything.

This is a great post.

One of the things that pisses me off soooo much is when tiny girls with no curves, who have obviously been airbrushed, are on the covers of magazines (re: Cosmo), but in their interview in the magazine they're like "I don't agree with Hollywood's definition of beauty, I love my curves and I'm comfortable with my body."

Yeah...then the entire view of having curves gets warped...so skinny is looking like a twig and curvy is thin....wrong.

Healthy is the way to go. If you're naturally curvy, embrace it. If you're skinny, embrace it. As long as you look/are healthy, you're sexy.

Which pretty much goes back to what I said. Nobody likes fat girls, because they obviously don't take care of themselves, but the real problem is our shock at the body. It's okay for some fat ugly woman to surround herself with cute pics of cartoon pictures and other various artificially happy pictures, even if she is miserable and it makes her feel better, but if she looks at herself and thinks poorly and doesn't do something, it's the medias fault. Just be happy with who you are. If you're fat, change it. If you're fat and don't change it, you're lazy and a problem. Be healthy, be yourself and be happy.

I don't expect a 300 lbs woman to ever be happy with aything.

Yeah, if the psychology of body image were that simplistic, we probably wouldn't have an obesity issue here in America. Nor would we have issues with body image running rampant in the young female demographic. :doh:

I didn't claim everything was the media's fault. I said our society's obsession with hollywood and what the media portrays as attractive lend to an environment that is more facilitative to development of warped body image in young girls.

It's judgemental attitudes like yours that hinder solutions with this issue. Seriously, "ugly," "fat"? How old are you? :ols:

One of the things that pisses me off soooo much is when tiny girls with no curves, who have obviously been airbrushed, are on the covers of magazines (re: Cosmo), but in their interview in the magazine they're like "I don't agree with Hollywood's definition of beauty, I love my curves and I'm comfortable with my body."

Yeah...then the entire view of having curves gets warped...so skinny is looking like a twig and curvy is thin....wrong.

Healthy is the way to go. If you're naturally curvy, embrace it. If you're skinny, embrace it. As long as you look/are healthy, you're sexy.

Yeah, I agree. I laugh when reading or watching interviews with hollywood celebrities and all the 5'10" 110 lb. women claim they don't watch their diet and eat hamburgers all day. Riiiight.

One celebrity who I have some respect for her honesty is Gwyneth Paltrow. She's extremely fit but readily admits she "works her ass off" to maintain her shape.

I didn't claim everything was the media's fault.

It's judgemental attitudes like yours that hinder solutions with this issue. Seriously, "ugly," "fat"? How old are you? :ols:

You're one to talk, considering you're named after a cereal that promotes slimming in women. ;)

Special-K-Campaign.jpg

Note, this wasn't what I was looking for, originally it was the ballerina woman that does the k pose and then morphs into the cereal box, but I couldn't find it, so here you go.

I laugh when reading or watching interviews with hollywood celebrities and all the 5'10" 110 lb. women claim they don't watch their diet and eat hamburgers all day. Riiiight.

One celebrity who I have some respect for her honesty is Gwyneth Paltrow. She's extremely fit but readily admits she "works her ass off" to maintain her shape.

I'd argue you are paying attention to the wrong people. The fashion industry and Hollywood is a freak show. They are not normal human beings. I'd no more pay attention to their view on body image than someone who engaged in multiple plastic surgeries or covered their face in piercings and tattoos. Look instead at athletes who can do something functional with their bodies.:)

I am all for body-image equality and not glorifying airbrushed hollywood figures...but I can't stand the 'you are so beautiful - all bodies are beautiful' on a practical level. Sure, saying that to boost somebodys spirits is okay, but it is not realistic. A 250 lb overweight body is not natural or beautiful. it is unhealthy.

Sorry, that wasn't quite related to the OP. To me, I enjoy a healthy, fit body. Not really into huge asses or stuff like that.

I like girls that are curvy. Not like overly curvy, like huge boobs and a huge butt. I used to be someone who loved big ol butts, but now i think its way to much lol but now, i like a girl to have a nice cute butt, not a big donkey. But about the whole curve thing, i just think girls are more attractive when they have an hour glass shape, girls that dont have hips, or any meat on their bones just dont do it for me.

Ok, see I think the top pic you posted shows what I think the "average" or "normal" female looks like. IMO, the bottom pic, the one on the far left is definitely thin, middle is thin w/ a little curve to her, and the one on the right is what I would consider to be "curvy" but not overweight.

I agree. The one on the right is the most attractive to me tbh. The face, skin tone, everything. 2nd place wouold be the middle.

Archived