Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best 'Call of Duty' game since 2007 (read OP)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I said MW2 simply because it's the one that had the most replay value for me. I can't tell you how much time I spent playing that game. Definitely the most fun for me.

MW3 was the worst for me. Just couldn't get into it for some reason. Hoping Black Ops 2 will be good.

I got higher kill totals in COD4 than in any other COD. To this day I still post my highest kill totals in COD4. I use the big killstreaks in the other games, I get dozens of kills with them sometimes, still can't get to 80 kills. ONE time I got to 80 kills in MW3. I'd do that three times a night in COD4.

And most of the kills in COD4 are via bullet to head. Not some killstreak. I think the killstreaks and pro perks have diluted the balls-out approach COD4 encouraged. Just too much different **** can kill you.

That's why I wish Barebones lobbies were more popular. Usually get a 4 on 4 match of confused scrubs in them.

My favourite was MW2- mainly becasue of the online maps- I was a glitch rock hider in Fuel, got some of my funnest killstreaks there- and loved when they brought back Crash, my favourite sniper map. After MW2, I have had little to no interest in playing any COD, and those stupid remote control car bombs finally made me put the game down for good. Sometimes when I had crappy rocekt launchers, I would use a machine gun to take out planes, choppers, UAV's, etc, to varrying degrees of success, but for the msot part if you could unload a clip without getting shot you could take pretty mcuh anything down (except AC-130), but then use the same large caliber machine gun, unload the whole clip into the stupid RC car and it keeps going. Grenades, semtex, noob tubes and even .50 cal sniper bullets have no effect on that thing, if Black Ops has a Nuclear strike killstreak perk, the game would end for all players, but any RC car bomb would go unscathed.

I wont play another COD game until either the RC car is gone or it can be destroyed, I don't need to kill it with one shot from a pistol, but at least make it damagable, that was the most undestructable perk in the game and it was ay too easy for players to get.

World at War was subpar. The graphics, the feel, the campaign going back to the same WWII missions which were more fun in COD2; just about everything made it good, not great. The vehicles were a gimmick also.

MW2 had fantastic graphics, probably the best of all the games, and had great presentation, BUT, the online play was glitchy and the added perks ruined the skill required (and in COD that's not a lot to begin with). Too many games ended by getting care packages with two skill streaks and then building on that. The maps were solid but not as good as COD4. Liked the feel but too many unnecessary killstreaks that skewed gameplay. Favela is a top 5 map in the series though.

Black Ops was very fun but half the maps suck which made online play less than ideal.

MW3 was okay. It wasn't bad but it was underwhelming.

COD4: MW changed the series, had the best maps and despite juggernaut and stopping power, is nowhere near as overrun with unfair killstreaks/perks as say, MW2. It was just such a change of pace at the time. And again, it must be said, it still has by far, the most consistently good maps.

I wont play another COD game until either the RC car is gone or it can be destroyed, I don't need to kill it with one shot from a pistol, but at least make it damagable, that was the most undestructable perk in the game and it was ay too easy for players to get.

am I getting trolled? I probably have over a thousand rc cars blown up. A lot of them killing the driver and his friends. And its a killstreak...not a perk? And was it even in mw3? Been a few months but I don't remember anything in mw3. Am I just missing something with this guys post?

---------- Post added November-8th-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

anyways, mw1 was great because it was new, but the maps sucked imo. Mw2 is my vote. Would be a landslide if they didn't have the care package glitch, javelin glitch, map glitches...etc. Black ops is 2.

am I getting trolled? I probably have over a thousand rc cars blown up. A lot of them killing the driver and his friends. And its a killstreak...not a perk? And was it even in mw3? Been a few months but I don't remember anything in mw3. Am I just missing something with this guys post?

---------- Post added November-8th-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

anyways, mw1 was great because it was new, but the maps sucked imo. Mw2 is my vote. Would be a landslide if they didn't have the care package glitch, javelin glitch, map glitches...etc. Black ops is 2.

RC car was in BO. There is no RC car in MW3, there is an assault drone but that is like a 9 or 10 kill streak while RC car was 3 or 4. I've killed plenty of RC cars. The assault drone you just have to run away from (they aren't fast at all).

I'm shocked anyone can complain about COD4's maps except that maps have grown in size since. Downpour, Vacant, Backlot, Pipeline, Crossfire, Crash...so many good maps. MW2 catered to mediocre players too much (not saying if it's your favorite you automatically suck) it seemed.

World at War for me...Loved the game. Loved zombies and multiplayer, had a ton of fun with that game.

I really like COD 4:MW1 too, but I think I played more of World at War...

Not much love on here for that game. I am not surprised. I also LOVED Wolfenstein, so really any game World War II aspects was cool for me. Really like Day of Defeat on the computer too.

I'm shocked anyone can complain about COD4's maps except that maps have grown in size since. Downpour, Vacant, Backlot, Pipeline, Crossfire, Crash...so many good maps. MW2 catered to mediocre players too much (not saying if it's your favorite you automatically suck) it seemed.

Showdown and Creek are the only maps from COD4 that I didn't really enjoy. All the others are great in my book.

*Aside from Bloc. It was a hell of a lot of fun if the snipe dueling between buildings got competitive. Otherwise I didn't really care for it.

World at War for me...Loved the game. Loved zombies and multiplayer, had a ton of fun with that game.

I really like COD 4:MW1 too, but I think I played more of World at War...

Not much love on here for that game. I am not surprised. I also LOVED Wolfenstein, so really any game World War II aspects was cool for me. Really like Day of Defeat on the computer too.

World at War was fun to play. I just love the feel of Trey Arch's games. MW, MW2, and MW3 are fun too. But World at War and Black Ops just felt better to play to me.

Archived