Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best 'Call of Duty' game since 2007 (read OP)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I loved the game play on MW2, but man I had those zombie maps in World at War down pretty good. I think I'll have to go with World at War, though I actually voted for MW2.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 02:10 AM ----------

That's an exaggeration and is close to true for most cod games.

But courtyard, asylum, cliff side, upheaval, and dome (the REAL "dome") can't be beat as a group.

I agree. My friends and I definitely had the most fun playing those maps.

Black Ops. Total package of a game.

Great single player story, and Gary Oldman as Reznov is awesome.

Very good multi-player. Didn't get too into it, played maybe a hundred or two hundred matches before hanging it up, but was fun. Watched my friend play a lot. All he ever used was the Tomahawk. And sometimes the guns of the people he killed with said Tomahawk. I think he had a negative K/D maybe twice out of the hundreds of matches he played. Mainly it's the tomahawk, something about it is just SOOOO much better than a piddly knife.

And most importantly ZOMBIES! Dear lord how many hours did I play Kino, Pentagon, the Soviet facility, and the jungle map. Some darn good memories too with my friends. And my solo run in Kino up to round...I think it was 46. I started at like 10PM, went until about 3AM, stopped for the night, and resumed around noon the next day, just leaving the console on. And the secrets. The afternoons me and my friends spent finding out every secret in the levels were great.

Black Ops all the way.

That's an exaggeration and is close to true for most cod games.

But courtyard, asylum, cliff side, upheaval, and dome (the REAL "dome") can't be beat as a group.

Some good maps there. But Backlot, Pipeline, Crash, Downpour and Showdown take that matchup.

But despite subpar graphics and presentation, WAW's online play beats MW2 simply for fairness. It's too bad it was another WWII game.

If you started playing COD at MW2 you almost were robbed of a decent experience off the bat. MW2 takes a relatively easy game and streamlines it into a super-easy killstreak mess. It's so flawed in it's balance and fairness that it screws over what would otherwise be the best game in the series as far as online play is concerned. They tried to add too much stuff in and clogged it. Just made it easy for people who weren't good, at all, to seem good. So many chokepoint spawns too.

Black Ops was as close to as fun as COD4 as I've had.

(For the record, Call of Duty 2 might have the best online play, no perks/killstreaks period)

I really wish I would've been around for COD4. I've been reading on various gaming forums for years that it was easily the best of the series.

I've only played MW2, Blops, and MW3...and I'd rank them Blops > MW2 > MW3.

I really wish I would've been around for COD4. I've been reading on various gaming forums for years that it was easily the best of the series.

I've only played MW2, Blops, and MW3...and I'd rank them Blops > MW2 > MW3.

I didn't even play FPS games before COD4. But it was so fun that I had no choice but to give in.

Same, except of course Goldeneye for N64. And a bit of Perfect Dark.

4 player Goldeneye on N64 was how I spent my childhood. Then it moved to Perfect Dark and after Halo came out, I was of little use to society.

Thats why I would vote COD4 MW as the best Call of Duty game. It came out in 07, the same month one of my all time favorite game series, Halo, was releasing the final chapter of its trilogy, and COD4 still got equal playtime in my 360.

It took COD and threw it on its head and the modern military shooter worked really well.It was such a breath of fresh air. Weird that now that COD air seems so stale...

I agree with you too that MW2 was a mess. Killstreaks and perks just made so much more sense in COD4.

Whatever I may think of MW2's multiplayer, when it comes to Spec Ops, I freakin' loved it. The aircraft boneyard level was incredible, and tough as hell too. Juggernauts running up behind you constantly near the end. Estate Takedown was my second favorite. O Cristo Redentor was sick too. The two player-only stages were amazing as well, with the chopper gunner and AC-130. Loved MW2's obstacle course.

Spec Ops in MW3 sucked for the most part. Just my opinion. Lately I've been playing through the campaign. Same story, not a lot of fun. The action is just ridiculous all the time. End up killing 400 enemies and blowing up 80 million dollars of aircraft by the end of each level. I look at my fellow soldiers, and they are all T-1000s...getting ravaged with bullets and never dying. I can't pay attention to the story because the action is so cluttered. I think back on the campaign of Halo 1, and how they dispersed the enemies in a manner that kept every new checkpoint a riddle to solve. That is lost in MW3.

I play zombies from time to time, we'll be able to get a few organized team games together through the Black Ops 2 thread.

You know what I loved about BO? I'm about to get real nerdy here...

I loved that, when playing S&D, you could hear what the other squad was saying for about the first two seconds of each match. We would regularly announce what bomb site we were "going" to. Then we'd go to the other site and plant with ease. Worked like a charm most of the time, especially if the other team was full of loudmouths.

It went something like, "Go B, go B, B, B" ... "OK guys, go A"

You know what I loved about BO? I'm about to get real nerdy here...

I loved that, when playing S&D, you could hear what the other squad was saying for about the first two seconds of each match. We would regularly announce what bomb site we were "going" to. Then we'd go to the other site and plant with ease. Worked like a charm most of the time, especially if the other team was full of loudmouths.

It went something like, "Go B, go B, B, B" ... "OK guys, go A"

You just reminded me of something I absolutely love about MW3. Every time you kill someone, it gives you a second to listen in to what the person is saying in his mic. People who know about this will curse you out sometimes, knowing that you can hear them. :ols: The best is when I keep killing a frustrated player that isn't aware I can hear him. Listening to someone gradually boil over because you're crushing them is a great feeling. What a hilarious little addition that has been, hope it continues in BO2.

You just reminded me of something I absolutely love about MW3. Every time you kill someone, it gives you a second to listen in to what the person is saying in his mic. People who know about this will curse you out sometimes, knowing that you can hear them. :ols: The best is when I keep killing a frustrated player that isn't aware I can hear him. Listening to someone gradually boil over because you're crushing them is a great feeling. What a hilarious little addition that has been, hope it continues in BO2.

I like that feature too. No only for the fact that you get to laugh at how angry they are but you can sometimes figure out what they are doing in S&D. They will give away their position, and this the positions of their team if they talk too much.

That started in black ops

---------- Post added November-10th-2012 at 06:16 AM ----------

Some good maps there. But Backlot, Pipeline, Crash, Downpour and Showdown take that matchup.

But despite subpar graphics and presentation, WAW's online play beats MW2 simply for fairness. It's too bad it was another WWII game.

(For the record, Call of Duty 2 might have the best online play, no perks/killstreaks period)

I think your WW2 line really says why you thought it inferior. Everyone got so caught up in the whole crack fest of hi-tech weapons they neglected gameplay.

I will kindly disagree with you on the maps. To me , it's not close W@W had the best.

I loved COD2 and would love to play no perks or streaks but game modes don't always come in hardcore mode which is a no -starter for me. That said I would not want to go back to COD2's no sprinting....

i just dont understand why call of duty has to do something in the future now. why not do a civil war version, revolutionary war, french-indian war. There are so many things you can possibly do

i don't get caught up in having super kill machines, but i don't know how much fun reloading a muzzle would be in video game land.

Archived