Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kilmer17's roadmap to fix the GOP

Kilmer17

Uh, using the power lawfully his in a manner that does not break the rules nor law is not a crime.

the law, the prior court rulings and common sense have all been abandoned in this by some idiot Dems with a agenda.....so much so they are being thrown under the bus by their own.

He certainly used his lawful power to try to force out a drunken disgrace :lol: ....and it is within his power and right.

This is one indictment he should wear with pride 

the fools that pursued it will get another kind.  :D , as hopefully will those that have supported her continued stay as head of a ethics investigation group.

I'm really gonna enjoy this circus  B)

Uh, using the power lawfully his in a manner that does not break the rules nor law is not a crime.

You mean, kinda like using an executive order to delay enforcement of a law?

Funny how the rule of "if he has the power, then he's allowed to use it in any way he wants" seems to be, shall I say, selectively enforced?

the law, the prior court rulings and common sense have all been abandoned in this by some idiot Dems with a agenda.....so much so they are being thrown under the bus by their own.

He certainly used his lawful power to try to force out a drunken disgrace :lol: ....and it is within his power and right.

This is one indictment he should wear with pride 

the fools that pursued it will get another kind.  :D , as hopefully will those that have supported her continued stay as head of a ethics investigation group.

I'm really gonna enjoy this circus  B)

I see what you are saying, but I think you are misunderstanding what the abuse is.

The abuse is not his decision to use his veto.  The act of abuse and coercion is his statement that unless an official retires he will use his veto.  So, he has the right to use the veto.  He does not, as I understand it, have the power to coerce another government official to quit with such a statement.

I think there's a lot of hubris here on the right, frankly.  He's facing up to 100 years in prison, and this "defendant" is going around talking about the facts of the case.  In some instances, seemingly doubling down on it.  I think a good lawyer would be telling him to shut up right now.  But he isn't taking a grand jury indictment seriously.  Its pretty arrogant.

I see what you are saying, but I think you are misunderstanding what the abuse is.

The abuse is not his decision to use his veto.  The act of abuse and coercion is his statement that unless an official retires he will use his veto.  So, he has the right to use the veto.  He does not, as I understand it, have the power to coerce another government official to quit with such a statement.

I think there's a lot of hubris here on the right, frankly.  He's facing up to 100 years in prison, and this "defendant" is going around talking about the facts of the case.  In some instances, seemingly doubling down on it.  I think a good lawyer would be telling him to shut up right now.  But he isn't taking a grand jury indictment seriously.  Its pretty arrogant.

I think you misunderstand what abuse of power is.....I'm very well aware of what game they are playing and the relevant laws.

Shutting up is exactly NOT what he should be doing in the face of brazen ignorance and malfeasance.

He should be taking every opportunity to reiterate  he tried everything LEGALLY within his power to remove a drunken disgrace ....and would do it again. B)

You mean, kinda like using an executive order to delay enforcement of a law?

Funny how the rule of "if he has the power, then he's allowed to use it in any way he wants" seems to be, shall I say, selectively enforced?

I certainly haven't objected to O delaying a ins program he pushed as needed immediately, I'm rather a fan of executive power use.

name it and claim it.....just don't duck afterwards ;)

I think you misunderstand what abuse of power is.....I'm very well aware of what game they are playing and the relevant laws.

Shutting up is exactly NOT what he should be doing in the face of brazen ignorance and malfeasance.

He should be taking every opportunity to reiterate  he tried everything LEGALLY within his power to remove a drunken disgrace ....and would do it again. B)

Not sure how you addressed anything I said.

Not sure how you addressed anything I said.

as to your main point of the abuse of power being the threat, texas law and precedent clearly establish it to be the executives choice and not a abuse of power.

Freedom is a wonderful thing,veto power along with it even sweeter.

the court says he has 1st amendment rights ....and of course choice

even the Gov has 1st amendment rights 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought this kinda went here, rather than the Daily Show thread, since it deals with the GOP's road going forward.

Colbert, Monday night:

The Word - It's a Trap!

Seems there's an editorial in National Review (and comments from lord Rush) suggesting that actually governing, now that the GOP has Congress, might be contrary to their primary objective - gaining more power. 

• 1 month later...

Douglas MacKinnon Calls For Southern U.S. To Secede As Anti-Gay Nation Called 'Reagan'

A former Reagan administration aide is calling for southern U.S. states to secede from the nation over that region's more conservative stance on same-sex marriage and other rights pertaining to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

Douglas MacKinnon made the remarks in an interview with Janet Mefferd while promoting his new book, The Secessionist States of America: The Blueprint for Creating a Traditional Values Country…Now, Right Wing Watch is reporting.

And the interim name for the breakaway region? None other than "Reagan."

"If you do believe in the Golden Rule, then you're seeing all of this unravel before our eyes daily, unfortunately," he said. "If you happen to make a donation in favor of traditional marriage, you can lose your job. If you happen to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple because it goes against your religious beliefs, you can be driven out of business."

Makes sense. More from the link.

i am going to hope that that post isn't as clear-cut as it appears to be...

Nope.

Good ol Dave is good for one of these comments every few months. He's just like a few of the colorful posters on this board. ;)

You would think the RNC (national or even Michigan one) would have buried him by now. 

Highlights from wikipedia...

In 2013, he faced calls to resign from the Republican National Committee after he posted extracts from an article entitled "Everyone Should Know These Statistics On Homosexuals" which claimed homosexuals lived a "filthy lifestyle", were responsible for 50 percent of U.S. murders and that many are paedophiles. Agema was rebuked by RNC chairman Reince Priebus, who drew a distinction between Republican policies on gay rights and the language used in Agema's post, adding "all human beings deserve to be treated with dignity and respect".

Later that year, Agema was condemned by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder after alleging homosexuals were in favor of healthcare reform because "they're dying between 30 and 44 years old."

In addition to his comments about homosexuals, Agema rhetocrically asked, "Have you ever seen a Muslim do anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?" Muslim Republicans took offense to this and cited contribution from their families and friends. Additionally, his bill to ban foreign law was seen as a blanket attempt to engender paranoia against Muslims.

From a certain perspective, the worst thing about the past election is that the GOP will decide that they have nothing to fix and will probably try to list to an even greater extreme.

I suspect that Big Money has stepped in, and told them to look at how much better they do, when they hide their actual agenda.

I note that I haven't seen any sign that they've actually changed it. But they're very good at hiding it. (I note their recent decision to intentionally trigger a Social Security default, in the near future.)  (One of the things which the GOP considered to be so important, that it had to be done on their first day in power.) 

I suspect that Big Money has stepped in, and told them to look at how much better they do, when they hide their actual agenda.

I note that I haven't seen any sign that they've actually changed it. But they're very good at hiding it. (I note their recent decision to intentionally trigger a Social Security default, in the near future.)  (One of the things which the GOP considered to be so important, that it had to be done on their first day in power.) 

Their first actions are all a bit on the scary side. If this is the agenda they pursue it's a pretty extreme one.

What about stop outsourcing jobs?  What about making a trade agreement with China where they have to import as much as they export giving the American worker a chance in a global market?  What about not being a slave to lobbyist that have an agenda to deregulate the markets in order to grow more profits at the expense of the American Citizen? What about explain to me the idea of cutting spending on everything except the military.  Who pays for infrastructure?  is the citizen responsible for the roads, mass transportation, school, etc.?  What about stop being a refuge for ultra right wing conservatives that tot guns, and read bibles? What about being a party that can respond to crisis like Katrina, and the collapse of Bearn Stearns and Lehman Bro, before it's become a crisis?  What about dispelling the statement by Lyndon Johnson that after he signed the Civil Rights Bill, the South would be lost to Democrats for the next 50 years.....The connotations are obvious.   How can this be a party for the people, when it seems to only represent a few. 

• 5 weeks later...

Quit with the nonsense that the President doesn't love America. Only the loons of your party actually believe it. It does nothing but create a laughingstock out of your candidates who say it and support the moronic notion.

http://news.yahoo.com/rudy-giuliani-obama-doesnt-love-america-131637875.html

Rudy Giuliani: President Obama doesn’t love America Former New York City mayor speaks out at private GOP dinner

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani says he believes President Barack Obama does not love the United States — or the people in it.

“I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America,” Giuliani said Wednesday during a private group dinner in Manhattan, Politico reports. “He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He  wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

The event was attended by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, and “60 right-leaning business executives and conservative media types,” according to Politico.

Archived