Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Panthers (Final)

NoLeafClover

Injuries have absolutely killed this season.

Be honest: how many of you would've taken 3-6 if you'd known we'd lose Rak, Garcon, Davis, Carriker, and Merriweather, and Jackson?

I'm sorry, but that's the reason we are so bad right now. This is a completely different offense with Davis and Garcon, and the D is "not terrible" with Rak and our two projected starting safeties.

Good thing super-smart Shanny decided to stock up on QBs in the draft then! Can Cousins play on the D somewhere? Or maybe he can play O-line - those guys are getting embarrassed.

yep. and I witnessed an offense that put up 13 points against the 1-6 panthers, quarterbacked by that "subway" guy who played like a rookie. That is pretty weird...

. . .

RGIII, again, even if looking at *JUST* the stat line and not any of the amazing escapes, scrambles, and threading-the-needle throws, did an amazing job.

Pedestrian for him. Godlike for anyone else.

You really think that one draft pick--a fourth rounder--would offset injuries to several of our best players? Okay.

nope, but I am sure that it would have helped better then a player we all can agree we hope like hell does not play a down on sundays

Lol @ BMitch not being able to control the profanity coming out of his mouth. I can't blame the guy.

Bye week to do list:

1. Fire Hasbeen/Never was.

2. Cut Brandon Banks, he's wasting a roster spot and contributes nothing to the team.

3. Danny Smith... Ahh we'll get back to that one

4. Cut Madoo Williams and let a younger FS gain some experience since the season looks like it's already done.

And don't forget people, a lot of our starters & quality backups have season ending injuries, so let's not act too surprised.

On the upside: ROMNEY/RYAN 12!!! YEAH BABY!!!

. . .

RGIII, again, even if looking at *JUST* the stat line and not any of the amazing escapes, scrambles, and threading-the-needle throws, did an amazing job.

Pedestrian for him. Godlike for anyone else.

not sure "godlike" means what you think it means. 59 completion percentage, 215 yards passing, and 0 touchdowns has never been considered "godlike" in the NFL. John Beck had better stat lines. RG3 is a fantastic athlete, so he'll certainly make some plays, but that doesn't mean he can't have mediocre game, which he did. Accept it dude

This game was simply flat on all sides.

Why Kyle's sending the smallest guy on the field in critical downs, giving him 3 different chances, and he blew in all 3. Banks is NOT the answer, even though we need someone to catch a pass. Morris had 6 yds/rush, but he goes with Banks. That tells me alot about the confidence he has in Morris, or lack thereof in the WR corp, but the gimmick plays are going to work only so long, then they'll be stopped, just like today, by an average defense...

not sure "godlike" means what you think it means. 59 completion percentage, 215 yards passing, and 0 touchdowns has never been considered "godlike" in the NFL. John Beck had better stat lines. RG3 is a fantastic athlete, so he'll certainly make some plays, but that doesn't mean he can't have mediocre game, which he did. Accept it dude

Won't argue with that, but when your leading receiver 2 out of the last 3 weeks is your BACK UP tight end there is a problem. I'm not saying RGIII doesn't play a part but our WR core is simply below average. They can't catch, and they can't separate, which are kind of essential to being a NFL wide receiver.

This is disturbing.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan admits that the #Redskins are now in player-evaluation mode moving forward this season.

That should get us through the bye week. Shouldn't take too long.

Whats he gonna do with the rest of the season....

Please.

Again, look at the plays that he made *by himself* out there. He ran for a touchdown and threw for a touchdown in the SAME DRIVE. Neither of which counted because everyone around him quit. His escapes from our swiss cheese offensive line were Houdini-esque.

Sorry, I see where you're coming from, but you put RGIII's performance today with a real team, and he's the one breaking records.

so true bro

Archived