Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's a great observation. Someone who I've also enjoyed seeing transition from comedy to more mature roles is Steve Carell, even though none of the movies (at least that I've seen) have been truly "stone cold" or dark. He's played some very straight and serious roles and does them well. But, he always has a light-heartedness to him that reminds you of Michael Scott. Still, I enjoy seeing him not be the idiot because I think he's a great actor. 

Back to your point, Carrey and Bateman, along with the late Williams, are great examples. 

I think John C Reilly is really great. Comedy and Drama perfected. From Talladega Nights to We Need To Talk About Kevin and then back to Boogie Nights. I laughed, I cried, I came. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's a great observation. Someone who I've also enjoyed seeing transition from comedy to more mature roles is Steve Carell, even though none of the movies (at least that I've seen) have been truly "stone cold" or dark. He's played some very straight and serious roles and does them well. But, he always has a light-heartedness to him that reminds you of Michael Scott. Still, I enjoy seeing him not be the idiot because I think he's a great actor. 

Back to your point, Carrey and Bateman, along with the late Williams, are great examples. 

Have you seen him in the Morning Show?

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yes! I knew I had seen him in something pretty serious. Thank you. I also think he plays a pretty serious role in "Dan in Real Life" but there are glimpses of humor in that one. 

I’m going to check out the Patient.  He was also good in A Beautiful Boy. - it’s a tough watch though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 10:07 AM, tshile said:

Troll on Netflix may be the worst movie I’ve ever seen 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(2022_film)

Oh lawd...

Spoiler

Discovering that trolls are vulnerable to direct sunlight, Nora and Kris plan to expose the troll to UV light from a number of tanning beds. While Kris calls on fellow soldiers to make the troll trap, Andreas asks his friend Sigrid at the secret government facility to delay the bombing of Oslo. Sigrid hacks into the military's system to halt the nuclear strike.

sure-jan.gif

Edited by Renegade7