Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

18 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

its a great movie, period.

I really would not be surprised if it got some Oscar buzz.

A horror movie? Those types of movies are usually forgotten by the Academy.

But if it were to get some buzz, I would think it would have to be re-released later this year.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

its a great movie, period.

I really would not be surprised if it got some Oscar buzz.

That movie seemed pretty trippy. Glad to hear it was good. I'll check it out, though I have a backlog of movies I need to see. I still haven't seen Rogue One, or John Wick 2.

16 hours ago, DM72 said:

A horror movie? Those types of movies are usually forgotten by the Academy.

But if it were to get some buzz, I would think it would have to be re-released later this year.

they may do that.

This movie had a $4 million budget and it made $30 million its first weekend.

It could get original screenplay nomination, imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don't care if it respects the original.  As long as it respects the source material, I think we will be good.  Looks creepy as ****.

That too. 

@youngchew what is the movie you posted in here a while ago (can't find it searching) ...the only thing I remember from the trailer was that it looked like two terrorists watching a drone fly over their village and they try to shoot an RPG at it? 

But the movie was from their perspective, I think they were brothers maybe 

• Like 1

Regarding It, are they making that two movies? I originally thought they just didn't show the adults in the trailer because they were saving that portion but that is going to be a lot to cram into 2.5 hours. Seems like the kids will be one movie and the adults would be a sequel. I had forgotten the original was a two-part TV special 

Kinda disappointed about having to wait for the entire thing but it will make for a better movie(s) and story imo. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

So....they're remaking a female version of Very Bad Things?  LOL.   Love me some Kate McKinnon.

This could be funny....

I hope it is as good as Very Bad Things and not just a simple remake with a female cast. Hope they change up some things. Loved Cameron Diaz's role in the first one. Karma!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ksun247 said:

I hope it is as good as Very Bad Things and not just a simple remake with a female cast. Hope they change up some things. Loved Cameron Diaz's role in the first one. Karma!!!

Haha yup.  The ending was hilarious 

• 2 weeks later...