Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you name a single player on the DC United? (POLL)

G.A.C.O.L.B.

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In all fairness. The poll will be skewed dramatically....Because this is indeed a Washington Redskins board.

Soccer does not get near the media attention it deserves in certain markets and it is not smart business for them to invest more money when the media rarely talks about it.

ESPN is more interested in international games than the MLS also. It hurts their product, but at the same time the true fans still come out to watch.

I would bet most big soccer fans would only know a player or two that plays for the Redskins and they are the most popular team in DC and most talked about in DC media. And even if you included the Wizards...what one player ? Wall ? That's it. Sports junkies that watch all of the major sports can certainly name more than one player. I don't catch many United games because of my locale, but I know names of several players.

In all fairness. The poll will be skewed dramatically....Because this is indeed a Washington Redskins board.

Soccer does not get near the media attention it deserves in certain markets and it is not smart business for them to invest more money when the media rarely talks about it.

ESPN is more interested in international games than the MLS also. It hurts their product, but at the same time the true fans still come out to watch.

I would bet most big soccer fans would only know a player or two that plays for the Redskins and they are the most popular team in DC and most talked about in DC media. And even if you included the Wizards...what one player ? Wall ? That's it. Sports junkies that watch all of the major sports can certainly name more than one player. I don't catch many United games because of my locale, but I know names of several players.

Can you blame ESPN, though? The European leagues are FAR more entertaining and have better players than what's in the MLS. On top of it all, think about the ratings. More fans here in the US care about the Euro leagues than what we have domestically.

Can you blame ESPN, though? The European leagues are FAR more entertaining and have better players than what's in the MLS. On top of it all, think about the ratings. More fans here in the US care about the Euro leagues than what we have domestically.

ESPN does not talk about MLS because they do not have the broadcast contract anymore. When they did, they talked a lot more about MLS. They are not going to cover the EPL as much soon, as it looks like they are going to lose that contract as well. I guarantee they will not have as much soccer coverage soon.

Jaime Moreno. And that guy with the cool last name. Mario something. That was like 1999. Oh and Roy something.

I can't recall ever watching an MLS game, other than United back in the day. If they were in the playoffs and I somehow clicked on them I would, depending on what else is on.

who even cares about soccer...its such a joke.

If you think before you post you'll come off wiser.

And I don't even like soccer either. Except the World Cup.

---------- Post added October-28th-2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

I can name twice as many United players as Detroit Tigers players. By a staggering 2 player to 1.

Really? Prince Fielder, Justin Verlander, Miguel Triple Crown Cabrera. That's an easy three.

he's sick. i thought our season would collapse when he got injured. instead we ripped off a 7 game unbeaten streak to end the season

That's crazy.

I love the United, it's just that I am not that into soccer. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching. I also love how people are so passionate about it. Just as long as it isn't violent or anything.

Really? Prince Fielder, Justin Verlander, Miguel Triple Crown Cabrera. That's an easy three.

It's a shame that I can name more people on a ball team from Detroit then I can from my hometown MLS team.... I need to pay more attention to them... Then again, maybe I shouldn't. I don't think it is no conicdence that the most successful team in DC, in the last 20 years, is the one I follow the least.

So I am not going to watch any DCU games. :(

That's crazy.

I love the United, it's just that I am not that into soccer. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching. I also love how people are so passionate about it. Just as long as it isn't violent or anything.

yea man i didn't get into soccer until a few years ago. now i'm addicted. definitely watch the playoff game!!!

Archived