Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's a whacky thought.....Alderick Robinson @ CB.

OxonHillSkinsFan89

How about Robinson at Wr because for the life of me I do not understand why they have Hankerson running these deep post and go routes while Robinson is the faster receiver. Robinson had a big time game against New Orleans only to not be heard of since until yesterday on a wr reverse. I recall Robinson dropping a bomb in the Bucs game I think it was but that should not keep him off the field

I've thought about this kind of stuff. They say the reason WRs tower over CBs these days is because colleges convert all the good tall high school DB's to the offense. But not every good, tall college receiver makes it in the pros so why the hell don't pro teams switch them back! Right now we've got a 6-3 wideout on our practice squad, why not hand him a defensive playbook

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 06:05 PM ----------

Robinson? Hell just put RG3 at corner! He runs a 4.35!

and he punted some at Baylor. He should be the new Sammy Baugh

Stop listening to the Junkies ... they are f'ing idiots. They are funny, but my 12 year old pit bull mutt knows more about the redskins, and she's not even into football that much.

The junkies are the best sports show in town, because every other show contains media ball grabbing and attention whores who've been doing radio for years, yet have only evolved into douche bags.

D.Hall and Jdub are good CB's. They've proven that throughout their career. It's hard to say how much their roles have changed without a safety back there, like any safety at all. I think when Brandon Meriweather comes back it's going to be awesome. Madieu was a scapegoat on the 49er's unit last season, he's one of the few guys they let go, even though he was tendered for nothing. He was always meant to be a backup here.

The only way I can see why you post this (and I don't know how I thought of it), is Brandon Meriweather hit Robinson so hard, their souls switched bodies.

Do people forget who Tanard Jackson was and how he looked in camp and pre-season with only like 3 weeks of being out there? Dude was balling out. Let's not forget people, this was supposed to work.

How about Robinson at Wr because for the life of me I do not understand why they have Hankerson running these deep post and go routes while Robinson is the faster receiver. Robinson had a big time game against New Orleans only to not be heard of since until yesterday on a wr reverse. I recall Robinson dropping a bomb in the Bucs game I think it was but that should not keep him off the field

He seemed to be in the doghouse a bit after dropping the deep ball against St Louis and I don't recall seeing him much the next 2 weeks as it seemed like we tried to get Hankerson more involved. Then of course his concussion kept him out of Atlanta and Minnesota and he is just back to getting a limited role it seems.

I personally am quite impressed with Robinson this year and would love to see him take a bigger role in the offense in place of Hankerson. He is a burner and can really put pressure on the deep defense.

It's something that teams don't expect coming. Because he is our biggest WR. But tell me something, you find that when Hankerson shredded the Rams secondary, he's not worthy of another?

Robinson? Hell just put RG3 at corner! He runs a 4.35!

Time for some iron man football. Back in my day we played both ways. RG3 @ safety.....and QB

Shannahan said we'd see things out of him we haven't seen in the NFL (at least for a while)

He'd be like Sammy Baugh - QB, DB and teach him to punt (as if he didn't already know).....

There is far too much whack going on in this thread currently..

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 06:51 PM ----------

It's something that teams don't expect coming. Because he is our biggest WR. But tell me something, you find that when Hankerson shredded the Rams secondary, he's not worthy of another?

hankerson's worthy, but I agree with the poster you quoted. for the life of me, I can't understand why Aldrick doesn't get more shots down the field. hankerson isn't slow by any means, but it doesn't seem to play to his strength to have him run deep routes. Aldrick, on the other hand has speed as his primary attribute- why not utilize it?

I'd also look for creative ways to onside kick and just roll the dice anytime we do find ourselves on defense.

They should really look at the %'s because I'm sure that a sneak onside kick has a better chance of success than our defense of stopping scoring drives. Especially after we score late in the 4th quarter.

I bet it would have worked, just like the 2 4th downs worked but then they fumbled, lol.

I'm only 95% joking when I say that we should be ridiculously aggressive on offense from here on out. I'm not advocating going for 4th and 22 from our own 10, but I think we should really consider going for 4th and reasonable anywhere near midfield. It's truly playing to your strengths with a dynamic offense, a difference maker at QB, and a struggling defense. Even if it doesn't translate into more wins, every converted 4th down is a few more reps for our developing rookie QB.

It was a double move that got Hankerson open. I like Hankerson because of his size and route running ability but Hankerson is not a burner or a jump ball receiver in my opinion.

Archived