Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's a whacky thought.....Alderick Robinson @ CB.

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I don't even know what to say about the situation anymore. It's really depressing. Griffin has put this team on his back and the secondary is letting him down time and time again. I know the future is bright, but we live in the present and it's extremely disappointing to watch these big plays happen every game.

Robinson at corner sounds good to me.

I guess I should post my Niles Paul at Safety thoughts here? No way I'm making a thread, but the guy could probably cover a tight end and he can tackle.

I agree.

I also believe that perhaps we should try to let Fred Davis run routes on crutches. Oh, and Alfred Morris should play some inside backer. Do you think London can block? Maybe he could try tight end.

Problem is the OPs examples of both way players, the WRs we're basically nickle corners on defense. Our starting corners are the ones getting beat right now. If you said try Robinson @ SS or FS, then we might be on to something. Not only is there a lack of talent in the secondary, there's a lack of speed as well. You can't coach speed...

All down with the idea of moving DHall into a safety spot now and starting Cedric Griffin. I really can't take it anymore with DHall, I really can't...

Stop listening to the Junkies ... they are f'ing idiots. They are funny, but my 12 year old pit bull mutt knows more about the redskins, and she's not even into football that much.

I would amend your statement to: "Stop taking the Junkies seriously." I love the Junkies, but they are, to use their own words, "donkies"

I'd say it's a lot more than 20% personnel.

I'd say 70% personnel, 75% scheme/coaching.

That's 145%!

No disrespect Ryp, but I think your VASTLY overrating the talent level back there if you think it's only 20% on personnel.

Hail.

Maybe a bit, but you don't need to have elite level players to make a defense work, or at least be average. We don't have great talent on D, especially in the secondary (notwithstanding all the guys we have injured), but I don't think anyone here would argue that our scheming has been poor this season and hasn't put our guys in great position to succeed. There are defenses in the top 12-15 of the NFL which aren't laden with pro bowl talent.

Robinson at CB? No.

Niles Paul at SS? Mayyyyybeeeeee. He can certainly tackle. But our problems are imo more scheme and coaching than personnel. Wilson should have jammed, but it doesn't matter because Williams should have given the deep safety help he was supposed to give. Our secondary sucks, but we're not the only team with a god-awful secondary talent-wise.

We got a sack because the Giants were completely unprepared for a simple stunt. You know why? Because Haslett probably hasn't called a real stunt all season. He is one of the worst defensive playcallers I've ever seen, and we run a 3-4 which relies a lot on good defensive playcalling to get the most out of it.

Also, can we stop with the Raheem Morris crap? The guy's a scrub. He specialized in coaching DBs at Tampa, and the DBs have been a disaster. The scheme and playcalling is on Haslett, but the blown individual coverages are on Morris.

Robinson at CB? No.

Niles Paul at SS? Mayyyyybeeeeee. He can certainly tackle. But our problems are imo more scheme and coaching than personnel. Wilson should have jammed, but it doesn't matter because Williams should have given the deep safety help he was supposed to give. Our secondary sucks, but we're not the only team with a god-awful secondary talent-wise.

We got a sack because the Giants were completely unprepared for a simple stunt. You know why? Because Haslett probably hasn't called a real stunt all season. He is one of the worst defensive playcallers I've ever seen, and we run a 3-4 which relies a lot on good defensive playcalling to get the most out of it.

Also, can we stop with the Raheem Morris crap? The guy's a scrub. He specialized in coaching DBs at Tampa, and the DBs have been a disaster. The scheme and playcalling is on Haslett, but the blown individual coverages are on Morris.

I doubt that Morris can call different coverages outside of Haslett's playcall. Morris can coach all he wants but the secondary coverage comes from the playcall which is Haslett's as far as I am concerened.

I agree.

I also believe that perhaps we should try to let Fred Davis run routes on crutches. Oh, and Alfred Morris should play some inside backer. Do you think London can block? Maybe he could try tight end.

Surprised you didn't mention Lorenzo Alexander punting and covering punts, all while starting at long snapper.

Archived