Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's a whacky thought.....Alderick Robinson @ CB.

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I love that the "the Patriots did it." is seen as an argument for why other teams should try it regardless of context. Yes, the Patriots have attempted to convert some WRs into CBs...and they've had one of the worst pass defenses in the league for the past two season! They are not a team to be emulating when it comes to pass defense, and the fact that they've tried this speaks more to desperation than innovation.

Hankerson is not a jump ball guy? He'll prove you wrong.

I hope Hankerson does but the likelihood of that happening on a consistent basis is not going to happen. Once again I like Hankerson and what he does for this team but Hankerson is a good 2nd, 3rd option receiver with above average speed, great route runner with good size but not an elite receiver just not yet in his career. Time will tell.

We don't use hurry up. We do not onside kick. We do not go for block kicks. We do not fake punts or FG's. Robinson or any WR as DB, there is no way Mike does that. Yet Bellichek, doesn't hesitate to do any of those things. It's not Mike's style.

But I am still stunned Mike went for it on 4th down a few times last week. Maybe there is hope yet, that he realizes he needs to use the other facets of his game to try to cover for the pourous D. Heck Gibbs lined Taylor up wide once.

Many teams use tall WRs against the hail mary. Maybe we should start with Morgan there.

Archived