Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Falcons (Final)

E-Dog Night

He. Was. Sliding. When. He. Got. Hurt.

Are people blind. It was an illegal hit in the first place that should have been flagged.

He was a day late getting started, which is why there was no mention of it being illegal.. He's not Brady, after all..

I refuse to believe you're acting like this much of a pansy about losing to a great team by a TD in week 5. So then you must be making fun of people who really do feel this way? Justify my faith, zoony.

Losing in this town is just done right acceptable is what I'm hearing. Losing is f-ing losing. Just because its to a so called great team doesn't make it ok!!! We lost again on our home field!! Teams mark their schedule with a "W" when we're on it - home or away!! Unfortunately this fan base seems to be much like yourself. We'll get 'em next week, right?

Insanity!!!

I see we have up another 100 yard performance to a receiver. Like clockwork.

Lots to think about today in terms of the loss but the defense put up a heck of an effort today. Good enough to win.

Losing RGIII cost us the game but also the offensive game plan was part of it. I get we wanted to run against a defense that was poor against the run and better against the pass but we almost took RGIII out of the game before that hit did. Got to put the ball in RGIII hands more - when we do he delivers. Oh and someone teach him to slide.

I'm concerned that RG3 didn't come back and at least hang out on the sidelines. Is that normal for him to stay back in the locker room?

You could tell by the look on his face that he wasnt all there and that he wouldnt be coming back. I am concerned that he will miss extended time by just the way he looked.

Mild concussion. Does that mean he has to sit out next game?

Deoends if he can pass a baseline test in the week. If its mild there is a decent chance he will be OK like Wilson was last week.

If he is down I would give the start to Rex - Cousins has lots of upside and is a nice story but Rex gives us a better chance to win IMO.

RG3's a rookie, and I love the heart he puts into his play out there, trying to earn his money.

But damn, kid, you're going to have a short career unless you learn how to slide in the NFL.

That was a *tremendous* hit you took today.

I swear to Jesus, some of you really do need glasses.

His feet were closer to the goal line. He was leaning back. That is the effing definition of a slide.

What is wrong with you people?

I do agree that he has heart, but you people aren't giving him the credit that he deserves.

He was a day late getting started, which is why there was no mention of it being illegal.. He's not Brady, after all..

By definition it's illegal. Its a judgment call on the field, and the ref obviously didn't think the defensive player could stop himself before hitting him. That's fine, it happens.

Im just saying he got hurt while sliding.

Lots to think about today in terms of the loss but the defense put up a heck of an effort today. Good enough to win.

Losing RGIII cost us the game but also the offensive game plan was part of it. I get we wanted to run against a defense that was poor against the run and better against the pass but we almost took RGIII out of the game before that hit did. Got to put the ball in RGIII hands more - when we do he delivers. Oh and someone teach him to slide.

With the success we were having on the ground, i dont understand the lack of play action. Seems like that would of been logical.

Too bad...I have a feeling that we would have won with RGIII. I love that he is aggressive, but he wasn't even near the first down, he needs to get out of bounds...

Or just throw it away. Or just slide before the defense is committed to hitting you. Or......

I swear to Jesus, some of you really do need glasses.

His feet were closer to the goal line. He was leaning back. That is the effing definition of a slide.

What is wrong with you people?

I do agree that he has heart, but you people aren't giving him the credit that he deserves.

Exactly. By the book. It's a judgment call on the field by the ref, but it obviously shouldn't have happened.

Archived