Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Falcons (Final)

E-Dog Night

It amazes me how people still continue to see the glass half full. So many on here talking about seeing a ton of fight in this team....Hell I saw a ton of fight in Spurrier's teams as well as Zorn's teams. Where did it get us??? Until this team fires Danny Smith Billy Cundiff Jim Haslett and Kyle Shannahan this team won't progress to where it needs to be.........

I understand you are frustrated, especially after so many losses over the years. But for once, I'd like to see someone who advocates firing a whole bunch of people to also post exactly why (a) they believe those people are so ill-suited for their positions, (B) why firing people in anger is in general a good idea and © who are the more qualified people out there looking for work.

I'd also like to hear if you believe it's a good idea, in general, to give people time to get better at what they do.

It amazes me how people still continue to see the glass half full. So many on here talking about seeing a ton of fight in this team....Hell I saw a ton of fight in Spurrier's teams as well as Zorn's teams. Where did it get us??? Until this team fires Danny Smith Billy Cundiff Jim Haslett and Kyle Shannahan this team won't progress to where it needs to be.........

Kyle? We lead the NFL in scoring coming into this week (or were second). Take a deep breath.

I understand you are frustrated, especially after so many losses over the years. But for once, I'd like to see someone who advocates firing a whole bunch of people to also post exactly why (a) they believe those people are so ill-suited for their positions, (B) why firing people in anger is in general a good idea and © who are the more qualified people out there looking for work.

I'd also like to hear if you believe it's a good idea, in general, to give people time to get better at what they do.

Jim Haslett needs to be fired because he wasn't successful in New Orleans or Saint Louis and he sure isn't successful here in the NFC East. Danny Smith needs to be fired because his special teams is more like Special Olympics there are too many breakdowns in protection and coverage in my opinion. Kyle should be fired because he is too uneven I personally don't like his play calling and he is either hot or cold no in between. I am not saying that firing in anger is a good idea but damn common sense would apply here. I have hated Haslett's hiring from day one. Again he wasn't successful in at that time weaker divisions why would anyone think he would be successful in what is arguably the toughest division? His play calling stinks and he hasn't even tried to dial up different blitzes to bring pressure. Our HC to give him an extension needs to have his head examined. The knock on Mike in Denver was him ALWAYS having a stinking defense well it's ringing true here as well. At this juncture the offense needs to game plan and play like they are already 14 points in the whole cause believe me in 60 minutes Jim Haslett and his play calling is going to give up AT LEAST 14 points.

I simply do not understand peoples expectations. It always sucks to loose but we lost our franchise QB and were still in the game until the 2nd Cousin INT. We were not expected to win this game. We hung tough and had a shot to win. If RG3 had protected himself on that run we might have knocked off a 4-0 team. Instead of understanding where we are as a franchise people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Do we need to improve? YES!!!! Do we need to scrap everything NO!!!!

Cundiff needs to go as well as Danny Smith but to suggest that Kyle's offense is a problem is perplexing... We are scoring more points this year than in the last 5 years maybe even the last 10 years. We are still a WR corp away from being a great team. Look at the roster I do not see a #1 WR. There is no Roody White, Julio Jones, AJ Smith, Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace etc... We are still in baby step mode like it or not.

Kyle? We lead the NFL in scoring coming into this week (or were second). Take a deep breath.

MartinC just remember even a broke clock is right twice a day. We surely won't be leading the NFL in anything other than making every NFL QB we play look like the second coming of Dan Marino. Especially with Jim Haslett being the offensive defensive coordinator......

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 09:55 PM ----------

I simply do not understand peoples expectations. It always sucks to loose but we lost our franchise QB and were still in the game until the 2nd Cousin INT. We were not expected to win this game. We hung tough and had a shot to win. If RG3 had protected himself on that run we might have knocked off a 4-0 team. Instead of understanding where we are as a franchise people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Do we need to improve? YES!!!! Do we need to scrap everything NO!!!!

Cundiff needs to as well as Danny Smith but to suggest that Kyle's offense is a problem is perplexing...

The only reason RG3 got knocked out was him having to do everything because he knows Jim Haslett and his defense stinks.

MartinC just remember even a broke clock is right twice a day. We surely won't be leading the NFL in anything other than making every NFL QB we play look like the second coming of Dan Marino. Especially with Jim Haslett being the offensive defensive coordinator......

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 09:55 PM ----------

The only reason RG3 got knocked out was him having to do everything because he knows Jim Haslett and his defense stinks.

No he was knocked out because he tried to make something out of nothing. The window which have allowed him to get to the endzone had closed by the time he choose to run on that play. Getting out of bounds or throwing it away would have been the right call. 2 or 3 more yards was not going to make or break Cundiff's ability to make a field goal. It was a poor judgement which I personally hope he will learn from.

Another issue I have prior to RG3 getting his head knocked off we are running the ball but Kyle isn't smart enough to dial up a long pass?? Isn't the understanding to run the ball to bring 8 in the box to have the chance to throw deep? It takes a second string QB with no playing time to throw deep?? Yeah Kyle's play calling is suspect at best us leading the NFL scoring wasn't Kyle it was RG3 and teams not having tape on him now there is tape and the offense looks like it did last year the difference is the defense is worse..........

Kyle is not a good offensive coordinator. He's Mike's son. He's done nothing to prove to me thus far that he deserves this job on merit. It still feels like complete nepotism to me.

Another issue I have prior to RG3 getting his head knocked off we are running the ball but Kyle isn't smart enough to dial up a long pass?? Isn't the understanding to run the ball to bring 8 in the box to have the chance to throw deep? It takes a second string QB with no playing time to throw deep?? Yeah Kyle's play calling is suspect at best us leading the NFL scoring wasn't Kyle it was RG3 and teams not having tape on him now there is tape and the offense looks like it did last year the difference is the defense is worse..........

No he was knocked out because he tried to make something out of nothing. The window which have allowed him to get to the endzone had closed by the time he choose to run on that play. Getting out of bounds or throwing it away would have been the right call. 2 or 3 more yards was not going to make or break Cundiff's ability to make a field goal. It was a poor judgement which I personally hope he will learn from.

Again "he tried to make something out of nothing" comes from him knowing he has TO DO EVERYTHING because Jim Haslett and his defense STINKS!! Another thing that direct snap into the middle of the line?? RETARDED call hell as fast as Banks is and against this team we don't use speed packages??? C'MON MAN!!!!

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

Kyle is not a good offensive coordinator. He's Mike's son. He's done nothing to prove to me thus far that he deserves this job on merit. It still feels like complete nepotism to me.

Thank you finally someone without the blinders on.......Like my Dad used to say "It isn't what your know it's who you know"

Again "he tried to make something out of nothing" comes from him knowing he has TO DO EVERYTHING because Jim Haslett and his defense STINKS!! Another thing that direct snap into the middle of the line?? RETARDED call hell as fast as Banks is and against this team we don't use speed packages??? C'MON MAN!!!!

Sounds like poor judgement to me... LOL The defense held a powerful offense to 24 points today and kept us in the game. Are they perfect no way but again we have lost our best pass rusher and still managed to create 2 turnovers one which resulted in a TD another that should have been a FG.

I agree the direct snap was not a good call but that has nothing to do with RG3s injury. To make that logical leap is simply not supported by the facts. I do not think Kyle is a great OC but I think that they have done a good job of playing to RG3s strengths until this week. Again did you expect to win this game and if so how many points do you think we should have put up today?

Sounds like poor judgement to me... LOL The defense held a powerful offense to 24 points today and kept us in the game. Are they perfect no way but again we have lost our best pass rusher and still managed to create 2 turnovers one which resulted in a TD another that should have been a FG.

I agree the direct snap was not a good call but that has nothing to do with RG3s injury. To make that logical leap is simply not supported by the facts. I do not think Kyle is a great OC but I think that they have done a good job of playing to RG3s strengths until this week. Again did you expect to win this game and if so how many points do you think we should have put up today?

The facts as I see them are this many other teams go from stinking to playoffs within a year two max I use the Saints the 49ers even the Lions as examples. It's always the same old song here. Shanny talks about depth and staying the course. When will he wake up and realize his downfall in Denver was Defense! Now come to a harder division and hire a DC that couldn't succeed in New Orleans and St. Louis! yeah that makes plenty of sense.......

Hell at least I can root for the Nationals they don't need 20 odd years to understand what so many others understand........

Kyle is fine, not amazing but I like him some days. The Redskins need to shape up in the secondary, fire Haslett, Smith, and Cundiff. Easier said than done but this team is not as bad as some people make it out to be. I don't know why people are freaking out about this particular loss.

I don't get how that happens?!??? I mean when u see his face pointed straight up that isn't normal. That's a red light and use common sense.

It doesn't matter if it's Orakpo or Kerrigan. Seems to me the ref's refuse to call it and at this point I have to say it's hatred on the Skins cause if Ware on Dallas was held like that it would be called.

I will just say this: Unless my memory fails me, I only recall 1 or 2 holding penalties all game. Yeah, that one (or both) went against us, but it's not like we got called half a dozen times while the Falcons got away cleanly. They seemed to just let both lines mug the hell out of the other guys with no calls. I sure noticed Kerrigan getting mugged, but I also admit to not watching our line much as I was trying to see the play develop on my crappy, stuttering internet feed.

So yeah, Kerrigan and others got mugged, but it wasn't exactly lopsided in that area.

Anyone who's actually complaining about Kyle is just offering today's proof that absolutely anything that can be said on the Internet, will be said on the Internet.

Amen to that. Some of the comments in numerous threads about yesterday are just unreal.

I don't know where else to put this comment.

Did anyone think Cousins' first 2 series was a little like hustling pool? He comes on for the first drive, nothing. Comes on for 2nd drive, nothing going, then BOOM! A touchdown pass, well seen and well thrown. The sacks and ints sucked, but I liked that he saw an opportunity and took it.

Hail!!

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 10:07 AM ----------

Did anyone else think Cousins' second drive was a little like hustling a game of pool? Nothing going on the first drive, nothing much on the 2nd, then BOOM!! A well-read and well-thrown TD.

Hail!

Good stuff, Evan. I love the "back of the squad car" analogy.

Taken from real life experience, unfortunately. Thanks - it was a blast.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 05:06 PM ----------

What exactly would be an appropriate Halloween costume for Billy Cundiff? A Graham Gano jersey?

Actually he'd want to go with something completely opposite from his actual persona. How 'bout Nate Kaeding?

Archived